CHAIRMAN Andy Appleby says....

nfb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i sent him a email this morning and again he replied ...

Thanks Steve. Appreciate your balanced comments.

Andy Appleby

Chairman

General Sports and Entertainment

Derby County Football Club

400 Water Street, Suite 250

Rochester, MI 48307

SillyBilly

Haven't Burnley just done the same thing as Derby are proposing? Sell a player to finance buying other players. They just happened to have an exciting younger player to sell, we had a slightly above average centre half to trade in.

Slightly different. If someone came in and offered us a few million for Mason for example (only player I can think of with the potential to be great) then I think the majority of us would be delighted. We could then spend the summer speculating over the 3-4 established quality players we could bring in with his fee that would move us forward towards the top 6. We can now spend the summer speculating why the club would sell a player they heralded 12 months previous as a player to build the squad around for a fee rumoured to be not much larger than we paid.

I'd like to have read Burnley's forum if they had bought said young player a year previous and then sold him for not much more with the intent of buying a couple of as good players with the fee, what do you reckon the sentiment would be? Delight with the club's ambition?

Lets be honest were probably the best supported club in the league, but the lowest in terms of ambition. The owners with their puppet government of Clough & co are gearing us up for another dogfight just to stay away from relegation. They do this because they know we follow blindly (we will all be there next year). Green, Shackell gone, probably Davies & Robinson will be gone, Barker out for the season, but dont worry we are strengthening with quality league 2 or none league signings.

Getting rid of some of the fringe players yeah right, lets face it they hide behide the fair play rules, is it rain today or more p%$$ coming out of them?

Lets be honest were probably the best supported club in the league, but the lowest in terms of ambition. The owners with their puppet government of Clough & co are gearing us up for another dogfight just to stay away from relegation. They do this because they know we follow blindly (we will all be there next year). Green, Shackell gone, probably Davies & Robinson will be gone, Barker out for the season, but dont worry we are strengthening with quality league 2 or none league signings.

Getting rid of some of the fringe players yeah right, lets face it they hide behide the fair play rules, is it rain today or more p%$$ coming out of them?

you got some inside information then? not heard anything about Robinson being linked with a move away.

Archived