Will Hughes - Top lad.

Smyth_18

When asked: Would you go to a big club knowing you may not get a chance for a few years? He replied: No chance. Then: Not even for 10 times your current wage? If not your a top lad and a dieing breed in footy. His reply: Not even for 20 times my wage. When I was younger I dreamt of playing week in week out infront of people, not rotting in the reserves earning a bit of money.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off of course he's going to say that.. What's he going to say infront of the fans? 'Nah feck Derby I only care about the money'

Will Hughes would jump ship at any given opportunity if it is to better his career.. We're hardly going places, so even if a top NPC club comes in with a decent chance of promotion behind money like Leicester he'd be off..

Also, don't be bigged up by his 10x or 20x his wage claim.. He's probably on a youth contract at around $1.2k a week maximum.. 10x that is only $12k a week (max) and 20x that is $24k a week max.. Any regular PL player playing for a decent club is on that sort of wage anyway.. Any youth at Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.. are probably on more than that given what they pay their players..

If Will Hughes is on 1.2k a week I will eat my own ****, probably gets that a month (if that)! When he gets a new contract he will probably go up a vast amount but for the minute at least would better guess at 300pw maximum so the comment for 20x the wage will be true as the fact of playing outweighs the wage he would be paid to go somewhere else.

If Will Hughes is on 1.2k a week I will eat my own ****, probably gets that a month (if that)! When he gets a new contract he will probably go up a vast amount but for the minute at least would better guess at 300pw maximum so the comment for 20x the wage will be true as the fact of playing outweighs the wage he would be paid to go somewhere else.

Do you want salt and vinegar?

Clough needs to change the name on the back of that lads shirt

If he is as good as he looked v P'Boro it won't be long before big clubs are looking for a Mr Hughes.

Like any young player, the first dream is just to play. Eventually he'll want more and more from the game. Hope we can provide most of what he dreams of

Archived