Mock The Week

SSD

Is it me or is every series getting worse and worse? Just watched it tonight and it was so awful and very predictable. Chris Addison to be fair to him made me laugh for once, even though he's so useless. I'm not one of those bring Frankie Boyle back people, but the comedians are so similar and most of them are average at best.

Anyone else think its pants now, or am I just going mad? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't watch anymore, it died when Frankie left simple as that.

I told them on Twitter that the female comedians they have on are piss poor and should stay in the kitchen, they basically called me a sexiest pig. Truth obviously hurts.

Don't watch anymore, it died when Frankie left simple as that.

I told them on Twitter that the female comedians they have on are piss poor and should stay in the kitchen, they basically called me a sexiest pig. Truth obviously hurts.

Are there any funny female comedians?

I dont think a female comedian has ever made me laugh, cracked a smile at most.

Like several others have said previously, I haven't watched it since Frankie left.

However I caught an episode of the new series and it is abysmal.

I struggled to laugh once, and the gags are so painfully pre-written. Frankie Boyle of making his gags be (or at least seem) made on the spot.

As for female comedians, other than Sarah Milican none of them make me laugh so I wish they'd stop with this politically correct quota nonsense. It's only patronising and more embarrassing for the lady comedians when they go on a show that's way too good for them and aren't able to say anything funny.

Frankie Boyle isn't funny, he just says outrageous things. Not funny at all.

I caught it recently when Milton Jones was on there and he and Hugh Dennis were so much better than the rest of them, it was embarassing. You can tell when someone's funny, because they don't swear, and don't need to offend anyone for a cheap laugh.

Frankie Boyle and comedians like him take all of the skill out of comedy and I'm glad he's gone. Shame they can't find anyone funny to replace him.

As for female comedians, other than Sarah Milican none of them make me laugh so I wish they'd stop with this politically correct quota nonsense. It's only patronising and more embarrassing for the lady comedians when they go on a show that's way too good for them and aren't able to say anything funny.

I agree with that, it doesn't do women any favours at all.

That Iranian comedian isn't bad and I've seen someone else on live at the Apollo that made me chuckle a bit, but there's so few of them that are actually funny.

Mind you there's an awful lot of men who have carved a career out of comedy without being funny.

Russell Kane, for example. Why the fook is Live at the Electric on TV. Why was it even a thought in someone's head?

there must be something about russells that make them not funny, Russells kane,brand,howard are all crap.Russell harty was better!!

Blame my generation, they just seem to love anything these guys say.

Celebrity Juice is another thing I can't stand, and it's a similar sense of humour. I rememeber having to watch it with about 8 other mates - who are normally intelligent, likeable, decent human beings - who were falling about with laughter when that Keith Lemon wagged his tongue at the camera.

I worry about the direction this country is heading in. It's almost at the stage now where classical comedy should be taught at secondary school. My girlfriend hadn't even seen Fawlty Towers till I showed it to here last week!

Fawlty was class,you wont see its like again,as in Porridge (my favourite).I struggle nowadays to find good comedy on tv.Mrs Browns boys is good and have i got news for you is still funny.i cant find ***** like keith lemon remotely amusing. always relying on vulgarity.

Who is the female Danish comic that sits on the panel of QI? She is the ONLY woman I have ever enjoyed watching. The rest are so bad I feel like the audience has to bail them out with a few laughs to stave off the embarrassment.

That blonde haired douche Howard makes me wonder what state this country's once revered sense of humour has been reduced to. His jokes are something I'd expect fat, clueless, vacant yanks to be in tears over, trash humour basically.

Dara ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR O'Briain, just stop please, give me the punchline without murdering your voicebox.

I'm sorry but if any "ethnic" comedian comes on, I'm bored already, you just know what 90% of the jokes are going to be on; playing on tiresome stereotypes.

that is where comedy is a fine line.A black comedian making jokes regarding a white policeman arresting a black person is supposed to be funny,whereas a white comedian making a joke regarding a black person is racist.

Stephen K amos doesnt choose this type of humour though and takes the P out of both whites and blacks.funny guy

That Russel Kane bloke makes me sick, he's told the same jokes thousands of times and still the crowd love him. It's all based on sexual vulgarity, probably thinks he's ground breaking.

I quite liked Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle although I could probably get tired of him. Omid Djalili is one funny bloke, he's got the ethnic Brit thing down really well. Richard Ayoade, sometimes.

There's a couple of youngsters I've enjoyed watching recently. Female comedian, she's alrate, made me chuckle a couple of times, Sara Pascoe. Josh Widdicombe can be alright, Paul Chowdhry's got a decent ethnic Brit thing going as well. They're all on stand up for the week, worth a few chuckles anyway. There's another guy, slight of build, ginger hair and kinda weird looking, can't remember his name.

Frankie Boyle isn't funny, he just says outrageous things. Not funny at all.

I caught it recently when Milton Jones was on there and he and Hugh Dennis were so much better than the rest of them, it was embarassing. You can tell when someone's funny, because they don't swear, and don't need to offend anyone for a cheap laugh.

Frankie Boyle and comedians like him take all of the skill out of comedy and I'm glad he's gone. Shame they can't find anyone funny to replace him.

Frankie Boyle's last DVD was the funniest thing i've ever seen.

I find harsh verbal abuse of other people funny though, he took the piss out of these two 14 year old lads, was funny as f*ck i thought. I'd love to sit near the front for one of his gigs and just let him absolutely terrorise me. Jimmy Carr is my second favourite i think.

It's strange actually, what makes people laugh.

Archived