Jimmy Milner

Asanovic

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley Young, been useless in both games.

Didn't hold the ball up v France.

Didn't link well with Wellbeck v France

Didn't look any threat at all v Sweden

Didnt make a tackle in either game.

Didn't chase anyone down.

Doesn't Mark.

Doesn't follow runners.

He dives and can cross the ball pretty well if you give it him in the right areas. That's about it.

Milner might be boring but he does contribute to the team. Don't think he's very good. Atleast he's not an idle, selfish diver who thinks the team should supply him when he's not capable of the magic you get from other selfish players. Young should watch Walcott. Half the quality of Young, but twice as effective.

Milner needs to be there for Johnson who's rubbish.

He did have a better first half than second against Sweden, but going forward he's not quite doing it. He's a much better player than how he's presented himself in this tournament. The times I'm refering to were in an Aston Villa shirt and playing a central role. Have you noticed how often he takes the ball out of play? Sometimes he's not under pressure when he does this.

Also, that foul he got booked for, in the final stages he'd get a red card for that and it was in a really dangerous position. Did it lead to the second goal?

Liability for me, although I can see why he starts.

I agree with Alpha, Milner may be lacking quality but at least you know he'd put his body on the line for the cause. That makes him likeable enough for me. I can take losing when I see heart and passion.

Young on the other hand, I'm not a fan. I hate to see players pretending to challenge for a ball, ducking out of headers and jumping over slide tackles when they should stand their ground. We can't afford a luxury like that in a team like ours, a luxury which as of yet, has provided no quality. I don't like the fact he goes over easily, its not inkeeping with the English code of fairplay (TBF he hasn't done this for England). I've only ever watched him play poorly for United and England, I seem to miss all the occasions he scores and does well (I believe he has a good season supposedly) so perhaps it is just me being misguided, I can only judge on what I've watched.

Agree SillyBilly.

A United fan might tell us all what he's good for. But everytime I've ever seen him he's a bit like Downing. Flashes of brilliance are too rare to compensate for a pretty poor player at the level he's playing at.

Manchester United and England!! He must be as good as Stephen Pearson is in training in the matches I've not seen him.

In comparison to Wellbeck who looks after the ball well when it makes it to him.

Even Carroll will never give up.

Archived