Glasgow Rangers - The End

Day

The clubs in the SPL won't go bust, it will have little effect on the clubs lower down- might even boost income when they are guaranteed a home game a season against Rangers.

Not according to what I heard this morning on the radio. They were saying that if Rangers end up in Div3 it will take them 3-4 years to get back to the top division and the TV deal will need to be renewed before then. They expect the new deal to be significantly less without Rangers in the top flight so all clubs can expect reduced income - and that includes the lower leagues.

Damned if you do.....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I would say this but today I think Scottish football has put English football to shame. This is the way that teams who go into administration or liquidation should be treated.

Or the Scottish league could try something really off the wall and it could change the face of scottish football forever, I think in a positive way. Newco Rangers FC would likely still dominate and climb quickly back to the SPL but their wealth would be distributed while they are at that level.

Surely the fans of Rangers are so partisan and passionate about their club. I think they will still pull in 40,000 a week no matter what level they play at.

When Rangers play away you've got to imagine every game they're involved in being sell outs. I dont know the capacities at that level but a couple of thousand passionate Rangers fans every weekend going somewhere where there is usually a few hundred show up. That will already benefit the third division clubs.

Then I would divide the home gate receipts equally when they play at Ibrox. That way Rangers Newco will not only benefit Scottish football as a whole on the way back to the top, they would also go some way to restoring their reputation.

Not according to what I heard this morning on the radio. They were saying that if Rangers end up in Div3 it will take them 3-4 years to get back to the top division and the TV deal will need to be renewed before then. They expect the new deal to be significantly less without Rangers in the top flight so all clubs can expect reduced income - and that includes the lower leagues.

Damned if you do.....

I think there's also a fear that the TV companies could force a renegotiation of current TV contracts as they have clauses that stipulate they're contingent on Rangers and Celtic being in the league. Technically, Rangers are gone, this is a Newco, hence it depends on how pedantic the TV companies want to be about it all.

Never thought I would say this but today I think Scottish football has put English football to shame. This is the way that teams who go into administration or liquidation should be treated.

Rangers have always been my team in Scotland, and as much as I'd rather this hadn't happened to them, I can't agree more. Portsmouth should have got this treatment. I find it incredibly galling that the likes of Portsmouth, Leeds and Leicester abuse the administration system and then within a year or two are back to their old ways again. Perhaps we should have a three strikes rule - 3 administrations and you're kicked out of the league for good.

Or the Scottish league could try something really off the wall and it could change the face of scottish football forever, I think in a positive way. Newco Rangers FC would likely still dominate and climb quickly back to the SPL but their wealth would be distributed while they are at that level.

Surely the fans of Rangers are so partisan and passionate about their club. I think they will still pull in 40,000 a week no matter what level they play at.

When Rangers play away you've got to imagine every game they're involved in being sell outs. I dont know the capacities at that level but a couple of thousand passionate Rangers fans every weekend going somewhere where there is usually a few hundred show up. That will already benefit the third division clubs.

Then I would divide the home gate receipts equally when they play at Ibrox. That way Rangers Newco will not only benefit Scottish football as a whole on the way back to the top, they would also go some way to restoring their reputation.

The amount of cash that they'd get from two games against Rangers likely wouldn't compensate for lower revenue from TV deals negotiated whilst Rangers are outside of the SPL.

Why are they so horrible yet Rangers arent?

Im glad Rangers have got done, they cheated basically and fell foul when its gone wrong. They will be back but its nice to see a bit of punishment laid out

Why are they horrible... ? Google it. Obviously not alive during the 79's and 80's?

Glad they have to start at the bottom like all new teams should. Love the comments coming from there sfa like I hope the rangers fans don't boycott away games as it could make teams go bust because he wanted them to start in div1

They do, from time to time, compete against the Basque area of Spain and have freindlies with other countries which have FAs naughty enough to do it. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia_national_football_team]http://en.wikipedia....l_football_team

Funny how it all pans out.

I actually did not know that. Pretty fascinating. Cheers, it's something I've been wandering about for a while.

Totally agree, and it could be replicated with Portsmouth.

Losing the Old Firm derby between Celtic and Rangers until at least 2015 could deal a £120m blow to the Scottish economy after the new Ibrox club were voted into Division Three as the old heads for liquidation.

From the Sun

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour predicts that his club could be one of five in the Scottish Premier League - the others being Dundee United, Inverness Caledy Thistle, Kilmarnock and Motherwell - forced into administration within weeks if the new Rangers start life in Division Three.

From the Sunday Mail

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall does not expect to make any new signings, despite playing in the Champions League qualifiers, because of the decision to place Rangers in Division Three.

Sunday Mail

Any one sick of reading about there owner green crying yet. Today he's asking uefa for some leniency on 3million pound owed to European teams as it was oldco debt and since they are a newco wants to know why they are being punished as they're seen as a newco for some things bit being punished for oldco problems. So he thinks it's alright trying to continue to be rangers and no doubt use there history to attract players but when it comes to paying debt they're nothing to do with it double standards

If you keep the old name, then you are liable for the debts.

Which is the reason so many clubs that fold have to change their name.

Hope that's the case, the way this new owner wants it is to lose all the debt and start again which is fair enough if that's what they were doing but there not are they, as he still wants the fans still wants to be called rangers still play at ibrox and keep all there history keep all the staff. Why should they be aloud to keep these things which the oldco aquired without paying the price for them. He wants the best of both worlds being a newco debt free but keep the history ground and fans staff of the oldco.

• 2 weeks later...

[size=4]Robbie Savage has offered to come out of retirement and play for Rangers for free as the Ibrox club plans for life in the Third Division[/size]

Read more: [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179031/Robbie-Savage-tells-Rangers-hell-play-free.html#ixzz21iK8DEbi]http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz21iK8DEbi

I have just cracked a rib laughing

[size=4]Not being funny but ''

also on the McCoist wish

[/size][size=4]

list as he prepares to offer lucrative contracts stretching to in the region of £7,000 a week.''

[/size]

[size=4]

7,000 a week, is probably the same as what we can pay and the daily mail mocks that figure? it's ridiculous, getting paid that much to play in an absolute garbage division? what a farce! - and they're trying to get out of paying out more money, chuck the feckin' book at them!

[/size]

Archived