Black Ops 2

rynny

Anyone else seen the trailer? If so what do you think? Personally, looks pretty crap!! Think they have done too big a leap in time. Don't think I will bother until the price drops a bit.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't ASDA or [insert supermarket] do it at a cut off release price? Every COD i've ever bought i've got for £30 or just under. Don't know if i'll bother with this one though, didn't bother with MW3. Whens the release date?

although the single player looks pants , i hope the multiplayer is ok but by looking at this it wont be , call of duty has built up a good reputation by going back in time not forward , i still prefer mw2 over black ops, and im clocking up the hours on mw3 , although this had something like 7 million views in under 5 hours the initial feedback from people is that this looks pants

I am disappointed that they have done a 'near futuristic' game, especially calling black ops 2, if it had a different title then maybe it could be something that would be entertained but it is trying to make out it is a sequel of a good game.

Like I say, disappointing.

Well this is the first nail in the coffin of the call of duty franchise. I think the developers knew they had to change something otherwise they would die, but this looks pathetic. Call of duty started off in world war 2, they did brilliantly and the breakthrough was call of duty 4. They have completely dominated since, however like all franchises creeping doubts have been emerging and this could be the game where those doubts are really serious and affect the sales of the product. Despite sales figures going strong since call of duty 4 I know quite a few people who have been unhappy with call of duty for a little while and have been wanting something else. All it will take is one decent fast paced FPS which could potentially destroy call of duty. It happened with Medal of Honour and it will happen with this oversold overated vapid franchise which has lost its way.

I'd heard beforehand that it was going to be near-future, but watching the trailer it's a little more futuristic than I thought they'd venture. Quad-rota helis fair enough, but then you get the big armoured tanks on legs? Feck off!

I'll get it, but mostly for zombie mode, which is confirmed to be back, and bigger than ever before. To be honest, as far as I'm concerned this is looking like being a zombie CoD game with a free campaign and MP thrown in for extra!

Well this is the first nail in the coffin of the call of duty franchise. I think the developers knew they had to change something otherwise they would die, but this looks pathetic. Call of duty started off in world war 2, they did brilliantly and the breakthrough was call of duty 4. They have completely dominated since, however like all franchises creeping doubts have been emerging and this could be the game where those doubts are really serious and affect the sales of the product. Despite sales figures going strong since call of duty 4 I know quite a few people who have been unhappy with call of duty for a little while and have been wanting something else. All it will take is one decent fast paced FPS which could potentially destroy call of duty. It happened with Medal of Honour and it will happen with this oversold overated vapid franchise which has lost its way.

The First nail? More like the 3rd! Started getting old at MW2.

Every year it's the same....and I'm not talking about Call of Duty either.

First trailer comes out and gets a lot of hate, as more and more trailers are released the excitement starts to build up and more hate is pushes onto the current CoD.

The game is released in November and gets record sales, first couple of months go fine until the new 'overpowered' weapon, attachment, kill streak is found and it's the worst CoD in history, can't wait until November...IW have always made the better game blah blah blah.

BF2 was the CoD killer, Homefront was the CoD killer, BF3 was the CoD killer...without looking at the stats I'm going to guess that MW3 is most probably the most played game right now despite it being 'the worst CoD in history'.

Every FPS will be compared to CoD yet none even come close and I doubt they ever will. CoD isn't dying either, not even 1 nail in the coffin, the sales figures prove that.

It's an age thing, if you're old enough to have played CoD4 in it's prime, another 4 CoD's down the line is it any wonder you are getting bored?

You've got people playing now who's first CoD was MW2, Black Ops or even MW3...this is all they have known and will be like CoD4 was to us.

Me personally I still love the game, I rotate through MW2, Black Ops and MW3 and I will be pre-ordering Black Ops 2 and most probably still be playing it 2 or 3 years down the line.

Wait for more trailers before passing judgment.

CoD is unrivalled - there's no argument against that. Some will shout about Battlefield, but it's fooking vvank. Not a patch on CoD in any of its guises.

I'll definitely pick up BlOps2 for 2 main reasons;

1) Expanded zombie mode - now supporting up to 8 players, with team-based objective game modes, on much larger maps than previously seen.

2) Treyarch - once considered the pariahs of the CoD world, but now far superior to IW/Raven/Sledgehammer IMO, and with Black Ops proved that they know how to make a decent FPS. To be honest, on the 360 at least, BlOps has been the most stable CoD to date. My only regret is that they eventually backed down in their standoff with quickscopers and put it back in.

I agree that it's harder for those of us who've been there since the beginning - in terms of the SP campaigns - nothing comes close to the epicness of CoD2. In terms of MP nothing comes close to CoD4. Technically, many of the later games are superior, but in terms of pure enjoyment from the game, the older games (CoD2, CoD4) are unrivalled. Back then, before the franchise went massive, MP wasn't blighted by millions of 13 year olds out to do nothing except trickshots for their You Tube channel etc.

Sadly, the franchise is a victim of its own success - they could improve the game loads with just a few small steps - 1) Remove the K:D stat - too many people are obsessed with it and play incredibly cynically just to protect or boost it. 2) Remove quickscoping - it can be done, BlOps proved that, just don't bow to their vocal minority whinging this time. Unfortunately they won't do it, as they'll alienate a certain portion of the gaming population. Granted most of us wouldn't miss them at all, but to Activision it's dropped $$$.

With 6 months to go before release, I doubt that the graphics have been polished yet.

I remember thinking that about the 1st BLOps, but when it actually came out the graphics were quite old school compared to MW2. Which I liked tbh, but they can be quite irritating.

But ultimately, I'll stick to Fifa 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ahh the game that they recycle each year and slightly tweak a few control settlings and whack in the new kits, charge £40 for it then you go through the frustration of not being able to go through the 90mins winning without the other guy rage quitting.

Archived