Game of Thrones

McRamFan

Exactly!! Apart from Breaking Bad I don't think I've ever needed a happy ending so badly! And you never get one!

Not read the books so even the season 1 ending was gutting.

That bad lip reading thing is hilarious. Proper funny!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you're not reading the books then you have some real treats to come - the series goes from strength to strength. 

I think the only character who I have any degree of confidence around in terms of them not getting off'd is Daenerys, but even that's just a guess!

I remember reading the end of the first book, and what happened to Ned, it was an absolute genuine WTF moment?!  :o

Just caught up.

Wish I'd given it chance the first time round now. It's brilliant. But depressing sometimes. Sometimes you just get desperate to see something good happen to someone you like!

I have never, ever, seen one minute of one episode.

Are reruns available? 

Well if you're not reading the books then you have some real treats to come - the series goes from strength to strength. 

I think the only character who I have any degree of confidence around in terms of them not getting off'd is Daenerys, but even that's just a guess!

I remember reading the end of the first book, and what happened to Ned, it was an absolute genuine WTF moment?!  :o

I should have known what was coming with it being Sean Bean...

Just caught up.

Wish I'd given it chance the first time round now. It's brilliant. But depressing sometimes. Sometimes you just get desperate to see something good happen to someone you like!

Or something bad happen to someone you hate. That ******* Joffrey needs a proper spanking. I like the fact that in these videos there's a lot of clips of Tyrion bitch slapping him.

^^ Not sure.

Sky start showing series 4 in April so wouldn't surprise me if they re-air the earlier seasons before then to ramp up interest.

I think they're most if the way through the first season already. They're showing 3 episodes at a time on Sunday nights to catch up quick.

Edit: actually they're on series 2 episode 2.

I remember reading the end of the first book, and what happened to Ned, it was an absolute genuine WTF moment?! :o

Yeah. I'm desperately clinging to Daenerys to stay good and alive.

It's weird who you find yourself liking and hating. How it changes. Like Jamie. Even rooting for Theon a little bit!!

The bad guys are vile though aren't they? Proper vile. Then everyone else are shades of grey!

It's suprised me just how little action there is. It's a soap opera really! But you just don't notice. It's too brutal as it is!!

It's not safe to like anyone is it?

No, you're right, no one's safe!

The other thing is, the way that they role out new characters (in the books and the TV series) I'm not entirely sure we know who the ultimate villains, and good guys, are. 

I have to admit, I like Jamie - at the start he's a proper pantomime villain, but he develops a lot from that. 

Theon - develops as well, but down a different path, and I can't stand the little scrote. If you think Theon gets it bad in the TV series, it's a heavily sanitised version of what happens in the books.

No, you're right, no one's safe!

The other thing is, the way that they role out new characters (in the books and the TV series) I'm not entirely sure we know who the ultimate villains, and good guys, are.

I have to admit, I like Jamie - at the start he's a proper pantomime villain, but he develops a lot from that.

Theon - develops as well, but down a different path, and I can't stand the little scrote. If you think Theon gets it bad in the TV series, it's a heavily sanitised version of what happens in the books.

Tempted to get the books. Not read much good since The Wheel Of Time series.

Are they well up there?

Tempted to get the books. Not read much good since The Wheel Of Time series.

Are they well up there?

Yep, the books are well worth checking out.

Interesting that you mention the WoT series - I can foresee a similar problem with the GoT books that happened with the final few WoT ones - ie. the author died before he could finish the story. From memory, I think GRRM has given the salient plot points of the story, through to the end, to the guys behind the TV series, so we should be alright. GRRM tends to take an age getting the books out - the last one took six years, and the one before that took five. There's still another couple planned, and GRRM's publishers have said that the first of those won't be out before 2015.

Yeah. I'm desperately clinging to Daenerys to stay good and alive.

It's weird who you find yourself liking and hating. How it changes. Like Jamie. Even rooting for Theon a little bit!!

The bad guys are vile though aren't they? Proper vile. Then everyone else are shades of grey!

It's suprised me just how little action there is. It's a soap opera really! But you just don't notice. It's too brutal as it is!!

It's not safe to like anyone is it?

i dont want it to happen, but i can see danearys turining evil with power, like her father - "the mad king" 

Yep, the books are well worth checking out.

Interesting that you mention the WoT series - I can foresee a similar problem with the GoT books that happened with the final few WoT ones - ie. the author died before he could finish the story. From memory, I think GRRM has given the salient plot points of the story, through to the end, to the guys behind the TV series, so we should be alright. GRRM tends to take an age getting the books out - the last one took six years, and the one before that took five. There's still another couple planned, and GRRM's publishers have said that the first of those won't be out before 2015.

I do wonder how that's going to work with the tv series. They're not going to get to the penultimate series and then put it on a 5 year hiatus while he finishes the last book. Arya would be about 25 by the time they come back for the last series.

i dont want it to happen, but i can see danearys turining evil with power, like her father - "the mad king" 

I would drag my balls through broken glass to have the chance to spend one night with Danearys.....

I also can see her mental health slipping with the additional power she gets!!!

I do wonder how that's going to work with the tv series. They're not going to get to the penultimate series and then put it on a 5 year hiatus while he finishes the last book. Arya would be about 25 by the time they come back for the last series.

2014 - storm of swords part 2 

2015 - feast for crows

2016 - dance with dragons part 1

2017 - dance with dragons part 2

2018 - the winds of winter

20?? - A dream of spring 

i think he wanted 8 or 9 series but it does look like they'll catch the books up

This I like when I first heard they were making The Lord of the rings trilogy. From that moment I couldn't wait to own the extended addition box set of the three films. From that moment I had to wait about 7 years or more to get it. In fact as soon as I saw it in the shops I paid the full £70 for it, despite knowing after 6 months it would be less than half that. Couldn't possibly wait another 6 months.

So I'll need to wait at least another 5 years to see the conclusion of ASOIAF. I can't take it. But at least it should be a helluva ride.

2014 - storm of swords part 2 

2015 - feast for crows

2016 - dance with dragons part 1

2017 - dance with dragons part 2

2018 - the winds of winter

20?? - A dream of spring 

i think he wanted 8 or 9 series but it does look like they'll catch the books up

The other confusing aspect to this is that I've seen interviews with the guys who produce the show and they talk about the TV series running for 7 seasons. I really don't know how they expect to do that. They've already split the third book into two seasons, and there doesn't seem like there'll be much chance to NOT do the same with the subsequent books/seasons. The last two, unpublished novels, are supposed to be at least 1500 pages each, which again, they're going to struggle to cram into single seasons.

Unless they're radically going to take a different path with the TV series from the books going forward, there's no way on earth they'll cover everything in seven seasons.

Archived