Happy St George's Day

MrsRam

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it should be a bank holiday, but it never will be. I always take the day off work and have a little celebration all of my own.

As for St Patricks day and St Andrews day etc, I dispise everythign about them, and would rather have my teeth pulled out than have a pint of that black sludge they serve......just ask my wife....I met her in an Irish bar on St Patricks day....surely that is a sign that it is evil...? haha

Of course it should be a bank holiday, but it never will be. I always take the day off work and have a little celebration all of my own.

As for St Patricks day and St Andrews day etc, I dispise everythign about them, and would rather have my teeth pulled out than have a pint of that black sludge they serve......just ask my wife....I met her in an Irish bar on St Patricks day....surely that is a sign that it is evil...? haha

St Patricks day is the one day of the year you can be absolutely guaranteed I won't be in a pub- I noticed my local spoons last year got all kitted out in green for it last year and put on a load of extra ales that were around for a few days, I wonder if the same happens today? I'll be toasting my Englishness today as I do too every year. Happy St Georges folks.

St George, patron saint to 18 countries, and never had been to most including ours, we need a new saint, and a bank holiday.

We'd have to change our flag then, its not called Saint George's cross for nothing.

Archived