Mark Clattenburg Olympic referee

Alph

After being controversial every single week he's been selected to go to the games as the only British referee!!

So thought a thread documenting his many wise and wonderful decisions where he decides who wins football matches would fill up pretty quickly.

With the season almost over I still think there's a few fook ups left from him. So....

QPR v Spurs.

Awarded a free kick to Rangers after Sandro made a solid tackle as you'd expect to see. Taraabt scored.

Booked Taraabt for "kicking the ball away" after Taraabt rolled it about 15 yards. Was about as bad as hanging onto the ball at a throw. He forgot he'd booked him alreadyand had to go back to send him off.

Worse than Atwell. Who's been demoted.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First one was an awful decision, second point he got right in my opinion. What MOTD didn't show was that he'd already been warned about time wasting before kicking the ball away. Correct decision for me, just a shame he forgot he'd been booked for a minute or two...

If Atwell's display at Derby that day had been at Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates etc, he'd never have reffed another game.

It weren't just one mistake was it?

But ruling out a perfectly good goal to give a penalty.....to the team that had just scored the perfetctly good goal...........wtf was that all about? Just give the fookin' goal you puffed up little cretin...........why? why? why? what went through his tiny little mind?

Even now, there is no scenario you could imagine that any ref would ever make that decision given the same circumstances.

It was worse than say, the ball crossing the line, missing a blatant dive, handball, stuff that happens all the time, it was the worst, most unexplainable decision ever.

I'm not a particularly violent person, but I must admit, if there were any plausible way of getting onto the pitch that day then I'm pretty sure I'd be serving life right now! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Fair play though, just in case we didn't think he was a c**t already, then he had to put the cherry on top of the cake by ruling out another perfectly good goal for a foul on a defender, by another defender. Surely the clue was that he was wearing a red fooking shirt!

I thought Atwell blew his whistle before Addison scored the header? I don't think he was to blame for that..

The worst was with the Addison header two minutes later.. It was never a foul.

But his ghost goal a few weeks earlier at Watford was just a terrible decision.. He's only young though and he'll get better and become a top ref (*The FA keep telling themselves this everyday*)

From memory he blew as the ball was being headed. Would it really kill him to wait a few seconds to see what happens? Although Forest fans will claim that Camp stopped upon hearing the whistle, the truth of it is that the ball would have beaten him anyway.

Archived