last game of season

Geriatram

I should point out that the whole of my last post was purely fictional,including the suggestion of a nickname for our manager.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame the tablets.

That's quite good,on two counts.I suppose the board will be making covenants with the fans this renewal time.

Nigel paced up and down the training ground restlessly.A few days away from a must win game,he'd been hit by a series of injuries to midfielders,and funds were short (after complaining about the budget on numerous occasions,his coaching staff had given him the nickname "Trans" -transfer funds cut very short).There was a maverick midfielder,who'd strutted his stuff accross various European Leagues and was a free agent,but he had a reputation for disliking hard work.Anyway he decided to go for the Bulgarian (of mixed Vietnamese/Bulgar parentage),Stanislav Siashun.

A nervous Trans took his place in the dugout as the match kicked off.Stan was confirming his worst fears,and after 20 mins he was caught in possession and the opposition scored.Worse was to follow a few minutes later when they went 2-0 up,and to compound matters 2 of his patched up midfield had to be substituted through injury,and a forward was carrying a knock.Disaster followed 5 minutes later when Stan's backpass was intercepted for goal no 3

(but much as he wanted to,he knew he couldn't substitute Stan the man).

The fans around the dugout noticed that whenever Stan dropped a clanger,he had this habit of putting his hand over his head and scratching it with all fingers."Why didn't you sign Ollie while you were at it" jeered the fans to the dugout.Meanwhile Nigel,seething inside,was contemplating the after match interview and whether he should tell him to feck off to Vietnam or Bulgaria.......and then Stan suddenly burst into life and threaded through a sublime pass for the Ram's opener.

Whatever was said at half time,Stan suddenly started playing like a demon.After prolonged pressure,he again produced an exquisite pass to reduce the arrears,to be followed by something even better a few minutes later.Entering the last 10 minutes,after an even passage of play,Stan burst through midfield and launched a thunderbolt into the top corner,and was mobbed by team mates,thus obscuring the view of him from the dugout.

However,sitting in the stands opposite,the eagle eyed Metgod noticed Stan gingerly holding his thigh and immediately got on the blower to the dugout-"Trans,sub Stan Siashun" was his urgent message.Our beaming manager obviously got the wrong end of the stick and replied "Yeh,I know Johnny.I knew we needed to get an extra body in,but I didn't think he'd turn into a miracle worker."

That's another nice mess you've got me into.....have you no consideration for the way I feel.....Isn't this silly? here we are, two grown men, acting like children.

For the last match let's bring on Stan and Ollie.

Archived