Bristol City v Derby County

Day

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent point, but should have won. Again we are 2-3 players away from winning the kind of games that get you in the playoffs.

As much as it was a long shot, all the other results went our way. Missed opportunity.

Just back in, how well did we play?

Was the draw a fair result?

Safe to say play-off chances are now over.

We should have won imo, savies hit the post on the end of a great move from the corner flag, twas quality, the stats suggest it was pretty even, theo's touch was not of this earth rather than out of this world.......all in all we played well for periods of the game should have took it by the scruff of the neck......but didn't 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I enjoyed the day out any road 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Was at the game and still can't believe we drew it! City were atrocious and there for the taking. I haven't seen a more comfortable away team for a while. Yet still we couldn't show the killer instinct. So many times we robbed them of the ball and set off on the break. Again and again, a simple pass would have led to a goal so, but we couldn't find it. Theo was awful. Stead was their most awkward opponent and their goal came out of the blue - Pitman with a first time strike from the edge of the box. We battled well in midfield and defence today but there's no creative player. Ben Davies merely keeps his position. He adds nothing to the attack. I also didn't realise how slow Bryson was, even though he played ok. Hendrick had a good second half, the defence played well (though Roberts not quite as well) and Steve Davies was tidy and clever. I was in with the City fans and they are convinced they are going down. We should see today as two points lost.

Was at the game and still can't believe we drew it! City were atrocious and there for the taking. I haven't seen a more comfortable away team for a while. Yet still we couldn't show the killer instinct. So many times we robbed them of the ball and set off on the break. Again and again, a simple pass would have led to a goal so, but we couldn't find it. Theo was awful. Stead was their most awkward opponent and their goal came out of the blue - Pitman with a first time strike from the edge of the box. We battled well in midfield and defence today but there's no creative player. Ben Davies merely keeps his position. He adds nothing to the attack. I also didn't realise how slow Bryson was, even though he played ok. Hendrick had a good second half, the defence played well (though Roberts not quite as well) and Steve Davies was tidy and clever. I was in with the City fans and they are convinced they are going down. We should see today as two points lost.

Yes I'd agree with all that Anag Ram. Lost count of the number of times we broke really well only to mis-place the final pass or choose the wrong option. Still, we bossed the game and deserved to win it and I thought there were some positives to take from it. Naylor looked more and more comfortable as the game went on, as did Buxton who looks very competent at this level but Bryson was MOM for me. All we were lacking was a bit of guile up front and we'd have been 3 up by the time they scored.

I was also pleased to see that they all gave 100% - I had wondered if they might tail off with nothing much to play for but that didn't happen at all.

Archived