Can we get promotion next season what will it take

Curtains

This season has been a good season for the Rams. But its also been very frustrating. I'm trying to think of how many games we totally dominated and not too many come to mind. To get promotion next season i doubt is possible. I don't think with the

type of players Clough likes and chooses to play in his 1st team we will ever get promotion. Flair players don't get in Cloughs sides he likes hard working OPTA stat players.

The managers of United,Barcelona and Real Madrid (to name but a few) seem to like flair players that work their socks off.Is there some kind of special dispensation for the less gifted that allows them to stroll around and let others do their share of work?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season has been a good season for the Rams. But its also been very frustrating. I'm trying to think of how many games we totally dominated and not too many come to mind.

But on the flip side, in how any games have we been completely outclassed? Maybe a handful by my reckoning (Southampton away, Leicester away, Cardiff at home). We've got a much better base to build on now. You can add flair players to a solidly build and organised team, it's a hell of a lot more difficult trying to instill a work-ethic into a 'pretty' side (if you get what I mean).

We could have had a shot at the playoffs this season if Clough had managed the team a bit better. Why change a winning team last night? We just gifted them 3 points. Tyson is useless in the games I've seen him play. Maguire has achieved far more already through being out on loan yet the guy isn't give a chance. Players that can win matches need to be picked, even if they aren't best mates with the manager.

We could have had a shot at the playoffs this season if Clough had managed the team a bit better. Why change a winning team last night? We just gifted them 3 points. Tyson is useless in the games I've seen him play. Maguire has achieved far more already through being out on loan yet the guy isn't give a chance. Players that can win matches need to be picked, even if they aren't best mates with the manager.

Not so much last night, the thing that killed our season was changing a settled midfield that night at Barnsley, then persisting with it for several losing games before realising that the midfield we had in the first place was better.

the thing that killed our season was changing a settled midfield at Barnsley, then persisting with it for several losing games before realising that the midfield we had in the first place was better.

I agree. He made a wrong decision for all the right reasons. We needed better ball retention to move up a level and brought in someone to do that. It didn't work and I think we stuck with Carroll for too long.

Results suggest that if Carroll had improved our team we may have just sneaked into the place offs. As it went, he made it worse and we lost ground. NC gambled but it didn't work.

Archived