Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

In a 2 or 3 years when his time with Sporting KC is at an end, I hope the club looks at a winger/striker like CJ Sapong. Granted who knows what Derby will look like then but I simply love last year's MLS Rookie of the Year. He wants to cross the Atlantic anyway. Still needs some finishing touches added but he's explosive, powerful and there's not really a back in MLS that can truly contain him for what it's worth. I have high hopes he can become a much more consistent version of Jozy Altidore.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a 2 or 3 years when his time with Sporting KC is at an end, I hope the club looks at a winger/striker like CJ Sapong. Granted who knows what Derby will look like then but I simply love last year's MLS Rookie of the Year. He wants to cross the Atlantic anyway. Still needs some finishing touches added but he's explosive, powerful and there's not really a back in MLS that can truly contain him for what it's worth. I have high hopes he can become a much more consistent version of Jozy Altidore.

eh?

eh?

http://www.sportingkc.com/sites/kansascity/files/imagecache/620x350/image_nodes/2011/11/Sapong%20Celebration%20DL

he means this guy from sporting kc, won rookie of the year last season and apparently wants a move over here... more recently broke into the USA first team!

the MLS is forever improving and if he has made a strong impact over there in a short space of time, by the sounds of it he has all the attributes to make an impact over here.

I got dat Mofo on Fifa. And he's good. So naturally we should sign him.

Is he a poor mans Robbie Findley?

Did Robbie Findley win rookie of the year when he was in MLS? No. Imagine Finley being about 4 inches taller and quite a bit more physically imposing. Then sure. U.S. fans are a lot more excited about the further development of CJ Sapong than they are about Robbie Findley at the moment to answer it in another way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17667770

not a transfer rumour at all but no clue where to post it.

If anyone sees a fella in a baseball cap with sunglasses and a pen who keeps looking up in the sky only to realise that the ball is actually on the deck.

Make sure you get a couple of decent dead legs in and block his view of Jeff, jason and young Frankie in particular.

I'm praying as well that we don't see Johnny B busting a gut to play.

Don't be robbing us of our players Mr Pulis. I like you up to now. Dont spoil it.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17667770]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17667770

not a transfer rumour at all but no clue where to post it.

If anyone sees a fella in a baseball cap with sunglasses and a pen who keeps looking up in the sky only to realise that the ball is actually on the deck.

Make sure you get a couple of decent dead legs in and block his view of Jeff, jason and young Frankie in particular.

I'm praying as well that we don't see Johnny B busting a gut to play.

Don't be robbing us of our players Mr Pulis. I like you up to now. Dont spoil it.

Why would he bother going to the games to scout players, why not just watch it on tv? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Why would he bother going to the games to scout players, why not just watch it on tv? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

that's what the pen is for.

and his password to stokeplayer doesnt work for ramsplayer- he got caught giving it out to David Moyes.

"Nige put the kettle on, I'm coming in with a pen and 3 million"

I can just see it now.

How come everyone on about sapong who's now 24 clearly only used to mls.which is the league that makes beckham look like messi.

Nigel will buy only marc pugh and bring in steve howard on free transfer for te season to help us get promotion if I get laughed at for my ovbious wonderkids.Nigel would never consider sapong.

Plus does anyone know whether derby activated savies 1 year extension because personally I would and give him 3 years on top

How come everyone on about sapong who's now 24 clearly only used to mls.which is the league that makes beckham look like messi.

Nigel will buy only marc pugh and bring in steve howard on free transfer for te season to help us get promotion if I get laughed at for my ovbious wonderkids.Nigel would never consider sapong.

Plus does anyone know whether derby activated savies 1 year extension because personally I would and give him 3 years on top

Lol, you don't know anything about the MLS if you think Beckham has ever looked that good here. To reply to your comment upon Sapong only being used to MLS. Guess who else was a former MLS rookie of the year and did quite well for himself across the pond? Clint Dempsey that's who. Both had similar stats in their rookie seasons. Give him this year and the next or so to season in MLS and he will be ready for action over there.

People who dont watch mls only can name la galaxy as a team because they win most years.

In the mls evryone relys on speed and its just wing play and crossing which if they played that kind of game in england they wouldn't have the level of fitness for.

None of these players will ever come to derby so stop fisting yourself about it.

Emmanuel Gómez

Emmanuel Gómez

Emmanuel Gómez

hes moving to england with his family Gambia international only 21 come on nigel this would be a well good free transfer even worth buying and would definately be a decent championship centre back

You appeared to be 'fisting' yourself over this MLS player few days ago. Fantastic entertainment.

He no longer plays in the mls and is what I think I mentioned allot of a free transfer.Shall I explain what a free transfer is.Its when the player can sign for a club for free.I what posistion does he play.Oh that right centre back a posistion that we need cover for.

If you have players that play Lb or Cb post them otherwise theres no pointt derby already have some one they certainly arient going to pay money for someone where we already have a player there.

I as you said apparently was Fisting myself as he's free young and an international and highly regarded one and his wife is moving to england so more than likely he will follow.So gomez is alot alot alot more likely than fooking sapong

Archived