Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex McLeish is re-signing Nigel Reo-Coker for Villa.

Nugent can offer a lot more than Waghorn, Evans or whoever else were after. I know a lot detest him since he rejected us way back when.. but I still believe in the right team formation (3 up top) he'd be a cracking signing and player for us.

I dont want nugent, he had one good season but that was a while back and isnt the player he was.....i would much prefer martyn waghorn.

To be fair Nugent scored 20 in the 04/05 season, 11 in the 05/06 season, 17 in the 06/07 season and 14 goals last season. Not really a one season wonder. He also scored 3 in 16 in the prem in 08/09 for pompey and 6 in 30 for Burnley in the prem. While he may not be amazing he is a decent goalscorer

To be fair Nugent scored 20 in the 04/05 season, 11 in the 05/06 season, 17 in the 06/07 season and 14 goals last season. Not really a one season wonder. He also scored 3 in 16 in the prem in 08/09 for pompey and 6 in 30 for Burnley in the prem. While he may not be amazing he is a decent goalscorer

That's just changed my mind. Forums eh, aren't they brilliant?

True...but with sven signing aparently signing craig-m-s and maynard, and also in the last few minutes signing neil danns we might get waghorn and he seems to be on clough's wanted list.

Nugent will be on huge wages and seems like his wage demands are too big for even leicester (can't imagine what he wants) I really want to see Waggy here at the front of that top 3/4 since I think he is potentially a 20 goal man from what I've seen anyway, natural finisher and all round good ability just needs the run of games, he is lost under new management and the fact Leicester can buy themselves out this league isn't going to help his chances.

I think we will and hope we sign him!

Nugent will be on huge wages and seems like his wage demands are too big for even leicester (can't imagine what he wants) I really want to see Waggy here at the front of that top 3/4 since I think he is potentially a 20 goal man from what I've seen anyway, natural finisher and all round good ability just needs the run of games, he is lost under new management and the fact Leicester can buy themselves out this league isn't going to help his chances.

I think we will and hope we sign him!

Couldn't agree more!

Waggy seems to be the most suitable striker mentioned and I hope we get him too. Wouldn't want to go any higher than the 1.25m thats been touted though. Just have to see how much Leicester are willing to lose on him and see if he is interested in playing for a football club in a football city rather than football club in a Rugby shithole

Now Rooney has gone to Brum and with us recieving 750k I'd pressume we will really step up the chase for Waghorn and try and sort it out early.

Seems to be that we can only work on one transfer at a time. We have got most of the targets we were aiming for. If events run true to form, we should expect an announcement on interest in Waghorn and/ or Eustace by early next week.

Archived