Barker out for at least 9 Months

Curtains

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 months would leave him till christmas time, but that does seem like a very long time for a dislocated knee, i was thinking about 6 months.

Just have to hope O'Brien and Shackell can hold it together like they did before, just feels like we've wrote next season off already 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Heard he has ruptured ligaments too hence the longer timescale.

Barker is a top guy, he must be gutted.. He just can't stay injury free can he? Poor bloke.

Hopefully Reading get promoted and then we can make a move for Gorkks..

Could be due to him constantly putting his body on the line for us. Wish him all the best and just hope he gets back to play at his normally high standard.

Yeah, poor Barks! He's got to be gutted! All the best for a super speedy recovery.

Staying with injuries, in a vain attempt to listen to RD this morning (everybody was yacking) I think I heard that Bavies (but it could have been Savies) picked up an injury when Jake scored on Tuesday and would miss tomorrow's match?

Did anyone else hear it and know for sure what was said?

Yeah, poor Barks! He's got to be gutted! All the best for a super speedy recovery.

Staying with injuries, in a vain attempt to listen to RD this morning (everybody was yacking) I think I heard that Bavies (but it could have been Savies) picked up an injury when Jake scored on Tuesday and would miss tomorrow's match?

Steve limped off after the pile on, so could be him?

Yes, It was Savies and it was from kicking Bucko in the head as he scored- apparently has a big bruise! Bucko mentioned it in one of the interviews.

Get well soon Shaun Barker, you are a brilliant skipper and will be sorely missed in defence. Reading back I see that O'Brien should be back for pre-season. However it's time for Jake Buxton to step up to the mark for now and perhaps get a decent run in the team. I do think with all the defenders that we have injured that we should be getting Miles Addison back from his loan spell. We have no centre back cover now.

Nige,

- whatever Addisons' long term future is, at the moment he is a Derby player. Swallow ya pride man and get him back, either to start or to cover.

DCFC is more important than any personal considerations. You are all professionals and paid to do the best for the club, sort it!

Cheers,

uttox.

Nige,

- whatever Addisons' long term future is, at the moment he is a Derby player. Swallow ya pride man and get him back, either to start or to cover.

DCFC is more important than any personal considerations. You are all professionals and paid to do the best for the club, sort it!

Cheers,

uttox.

You forgot the kisses 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Nige,

Cheers,

uttox.

We need to know why it is. If he's not training well, or is disruptive, then it becomes less about swallowing pride and more about doing the best to keep harmony. I doubt this is totally down to his footballing ability.

I like him though, and if the circumstances are right, it'd be good to see him back.

Naylor, Shackell, O'B - would be good to get one more in the mix.

Must be some serious ligament damage too then.

I dislocated my kneecap when I was younger and it was in plaster for 4 weeks as it had to be immobilised. Essentially the ligaments stretch when the kneecap goes out so if you don’t immobilise it then the old kneecap will start wandering about at the slightest encouragement! Kind of like when you overstretch elastic and it goes floppy (madam). You have to give it time to shrink back to its original size. 4 weeks in plaster then a month or so of physio to get the strength back in the muscles. Double that as he’s a footballer so needs it to be stronger than normal people and you’d be talking 4 months out..

If the ligaments stretched so bad that they snapped or ruptured then he’s in bigger trouble and that could explain the 9 months. This is VERY bad news.

Archived