Rams team v man u 1989

Cookierfc

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second goal was a simple header by Goodard. Set up by Deano after one of the best turns ever, he fooled Steve Bruce so well Bruce actually trips over his own legs trying to get back at him. Pure class...

Brilliant turn, he did a similar one on Adams the season they won the league (fever pitch season) that ended with adams just hacking him down, like you say, class.

One of my friends, bald ken, has been trying to reproduce that turn on a sunday morning for the las 20 years.....without success i must add..

Fantastic game that. Not many Rams fans can say they have seen us win at Old Trafford over the years.

I was there and my abiding memory was that it was the same day as the Hillsborough tragedy. The Utd fans loved singing "scousers are dead...". Scum.

I remember that game like it was yesterday, a really warm day and a great result somewhat ruined by the events in Sheffield. I ended up pi**sed and had a curry in Rusholme. We got to sing " you've won f*ck all again" at the manure fans and it felt like we were on a par with them.

At the end of that season anything seemed possible and yet we had been bust 5 years earlier. Then came Italia 90 and Sky and it all went downhill

A day I will never forget. I played for a Derby representative team against a Man Utd representative team in the morning, spanked them 4-0. Then off to Old Trafford where we met a few players, before an unforgettable game. Micklewhite scored after about 5 minutes and Goddard wrapped up the match in the second half, as mentioned above following Dean Saunders skinning Steve Bruce alive with a turn on the halfway line, which if Messi had done it some commentators would still be masturbating now! (He also did a similar one on Paul Parker at BBG later on in the season although not sure if that one was meant). All became irrelevant later on in the day when we learned the events of Hillsborough.

Archived