What will ffp mean?

Jcb1967

If ffp comes into play,will clubs still need investors or will fans be able to run their clubs themselves?

If fans ran their own clubs they could set the price of tickets themselves,at a level to show what ambition they had for the club and not have to complain about investors not having ambition.

What do you think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ffp comes into play,will clubs still need investors or will fans be able to run their clubs themselves?

If fans ran their own clubs they could set the price of tickets themselves,at a level to show what ambition they had for the club and not have to complain about investors not having ambition.

What do you think?

Since when did FFP rules mean we run the club

The principle of "mutuality" (running something by the people for the people) is admirable but a long way from any prospective reality coming about from ffp in my view. There is no end to the financial "genius" that can be brought to bear to dress deals up in an "ffp compliant" way that leaves the current economics essentially unchanged and too many vested interests.

The idea that ffp will bring down costs overall and run the shysters out of football is appealing but extremely naive.

FFP in itself won't stave off the prospect of administration for clubs.Because P/L is calculated on an income and expenditure basis (meaning what was due to be paid/received,as opposed to what was actually paid/received),then a club could show break even or better,yet owe a lot to creditors.

VAT and PAYE pose another threat,as neither impinge on P/L (apart from employers' NIC).If these are unpaid and diverted elsewhere,then more problems could arise,despite complying on break even.

FFP should impose tax compliance,with heavy penalties for offenders.Tax compliance certificates,as a condition of continuing membership of the League, may be the answer.

I think ffp the way gse are trying to sell it is a long way away,if it ever comes in at all.but if it ever did clubs shouldn't need investors.

It would be good if fans could have more say in the running of their own clubs,but like you say it is probably along way off.

There was a league meeting about FFP sceduled for Pride Park 16/02/12. It was where the final set of rules was to be agreed.

Funny, I've heard nothing about this meeting happening or if it did, the results.

Very surprising that TG hasn't made a meal of announcing the results of this meeting. I wonder if things didn't go quite according to plan?

There was a league meeting about FFP sceduled for Pride Park 16/02/12. It was where the final set of rules was to be agreed.

Funny, I've heard nothing about this meeting happening or if it did, the results.

Very surprising that TG hasn't made a meal of announcing the results of this meeting. I wonder if things didn't go quite according to plan?

It'll take some time go get in, but I think it'll happen in some form in the short term.

Once it's in place it'll be a start - then they'll work on the rules to tighten it up.

I really do hope it means that football turns away from being about who's got the most money to spend.

Been put back a few weeks,Cornwall.Interesting to see what happens then-reckon there are a few 'Stonewall Jacksons' around.

If the meeting did not take place why was the West Ham owners Bentley parked in the PP car park?

Anyway if a company/owner pays many millions for the naming rights of PP then under ffp we can use that money on players as it is classed as income i.e. Man City!!

What do you think?

Interesting theory but don't think it would ever be possible. There are way too many variables involved.

If the meeting did not take place why was the West Ham owners Bentley parked in the PP car park?

Anyway if a company/owner pays many millions for the naming rights of PP then under ffp we can use that money on players as it is classed as income i.e. Man City!!

Sorry,I meant a decision has been put back.We'd get little for naming rights as a Championship club.

If no rules have been agreed yet how do you know this?

Hi ramblur

In your opinion with the fan base derby as got,would ffp put derby in a strong position if clubs where forced to stick to the rules?and do you think that is why derby are pushing for it?could it also be that the investors now want a divi on their investment?

Interesting theory but don't think it would ever be possible. There are way too many variables involved.

I used to be totally opposed to the concept,as espoused by RT,but I must admit that Palace may have me rethinking a little,as they seem to be making a decent fist of it (though still early days).

I used to be totally opposed to the concept,as espoused by RT,but I must admit that Palace may have me rethinking a little,as they seem to be making a decent fist of it (though still early days).

I just think with such a large proportion of income received up front through season ticket sales it would be hard for fans to run club. If your star striker gets injured half way through the season and you need £x for a new one what do you do? Ask the season ticket holders to pay extra?

Our fans moan about trying to stick to budgets as it is so could never see them accepting this idea.

Hi ramblur

In your opinion with the fan base derby as got,would ffp put derby in a strong position if clubs where forced to stick to the rules?and do you think that is why derby are pushing for it?could it also be that the investors now want a divi on their investment?

I've said before that FFP would only give us an advantage if we spent up to the guideline 60% of turnover -judging by Nigel's alleged comment that we're in the bottom third of the league of spending on players' wages,then we're obviously not punching our weight (or have gone beyond the FFP call of duty).In any event,we'll be at a disadvantage to any receiving chute payments because they'd be able to go above the 60% guideline,as they wouldn't need 40% of both normal turnover and chute payment to meet other overheads.Any new rules may well work against us,not for us.

I'm sure the investors would love a divi,but they're unlikely to get much out of FFP.If we were to develop some whizz kids and sell them for a fortune,then that might be another question (and a big worry).

Archived