John Terry Stripped of England Captaincy

Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the FA were right - he can't be seen as the leader of the squad whilst looking at racism charges, it doesn't look right does it?

Let's not forget that he's had it took off him before hasn't he - after his superinjunction was denied and the world knew he was capable of betraying not just his missis & kids but his team mates too.

He isn't really an ideal advert for role models in football is he?

Dont really post much but read on here alot,

didnt he get in trouble for selling the captains box at chelsea and england aswell, some undercover jorno paid him a few quid I think.

I think he is a to$$er and shows everything thats wrong with todays game!!!

I don't agree with the decision.

Where has innocent until proven guilty gone?

Nothing has been proven and it may well be that he is entirley innocent of the charge. Whatever I may feel about Terry (I don't think he should have been given the captaincy back), he has done nothing wrong until he is found guilty.

Nothing has been proven and it may well be that he is entirley innocent of the charge. Whatever I may feel about Terry (I don't think he should have been given the captaincy back), he has done nothing wrong until he is found guilty.

That's just it though mc - innocent or not, it won't look good on them if they are seen to giving him the benefit of the doubt. They have to be seen to be doing something to get the message across that even being accused of racism will have consequences.

The only other natural leader in the England set up is Gerrard for me, doubt he'll get it so... I expect Ferdinand to get it! A football captain should be picked on his leadership on the pitch, the way people are going on about him at the minute make out he has an african slave/sweatshop that he beats into cleaning his house/boots...etc also, won't allow him/her to **** in the same toilet! (referenced from the film 'the help')

he may or may not of made a comment, to be condemned to be a racist with a comment is ridiculous... if Ferdinand called terry a honky it wouldn't of even been looked at!

Innocent until proven guilty still exists and as such he's still allowed to play football.

Being a captain, however, is a privilege, without which he'd still be able to do his job and earn money. He hasn't got a right to retain it if a set of circumstances (like this) mean his role as captain could have a detrimental effect on the team.

The only player in the England team that shows passion in each and every game and that's Wayne Rooney, would be a controversial choice I know and what with him missing the first couple of games wouldn't make sense for the Euro's but for the long term Rooney would be my choice.

I can see the FA advising Cappello not to give it Ferdinand as it would look like they were taking sides.

As for Terry I think the FA made the right choice but would of preferred Terry to step down until the court case has finished, in any other job you would expect to be suspended until a disciplinary hearing takes place, football should be no different.

I expect Terry will now retire from international football and whilst he hasn't been in the best form this season it will be a big loss to England, controversial again I know and I don't expect many to share that opinion but nay mind.

The only player in the England team that shows passion in each and every game and that's Wayne Rooney, would be a controversial choice I know and what with him missing the first couple of games wouldn't make sense for the Euro's but for the long term Rooney would be my choice.

I can see the FA advising Cappello not to give it Ferdinand as it would look like they were taking sides.

As for Terry I think the FA made the right choice but would of preferred Terry to step down until the court case has finished, in any other job you would expect to be suspended until a disciplinary hearing takes place, football should be no different.

I expect Terry will now retire from international football and whilst he hasn't been in the best form this season it will be a big loss to England, controversial again I know and I don't expect many to share that opinion but nay mind.

Maybe a loss but on the flipside, a good tournament for Jones and/or Smalling and it tees us up nicely for Brazil (and beyond).

If I was Capello I might take Terry as cover, no more.

i agree entirely.the fa have undermined capello and terry.

Terry should tell them to feck off now.

Archived