Pride Park Plaza Bar/Pub

alexxxxx

Was wondering about the bar(s)/pub(s) that would open up if this was to go ahead... Do you think there will be any consultation with the fans about what will open up in the 'plaza' or just highest bidders from big companies/franchise owners?

I'd like to think there would be a derby fan investor who would like to open up a derby county supporters bar, sort of community driven, rather than a weatherspoon opening up a stale airport-style pub.

At the moment the whole plan could be stale with a tesco express, costa coffee, pizza hut kinda thing rather than a place where people could go before matchdays.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is alexxxx there's already all that stuff going on round the ground anyway, so I suppose it's got to be something different to make it actually work.

I hope it's all going to be a success whatever it is, nothing worse than empty shops and pubs to make an area feel depressing. Nowt wrong with a Weatherspoons imo. Would be nice to have a supporters bar but it would have to be a biggun, not just for the select few.

When I read it's gonna have convenience stores I keep thinking of arkwrights shop on tv, now get along gr gr Grenville!!!

It would be nice to have a big screen outside for big away games, better than that piss poor thing in town that has nothing good on it!

Maybe they could play rams vision through it before the game, a potential place u can sit outside and have a drink,

I remember Swansea away having a pub similar distance to frankie n bennys outside it and loads and loads of tables outside for fans to drink, we have jjb n frankies but there is no seating outside,

There used to be brewsters but that has long gone,

They also need to make sure that it makes money during the week!!

Was wondering about the bar(s)/pub(s) that would open up if this was to go ahead... Do you think there will be any consultation with the fans about what will open up in the 'plaza' or just highest bidders from big companies/franchise owners?

I'd like to think there would be a derby fan investor who would like to open up a derby county supporters bar, sort of community driven, rather than a weatherspoon opening up a stale airport-style pub.

At the moment the whole plan could be stale with a tesco express, costa coffee, pizza hut kinda thing rather than a place where people could go before matchdays.

If Gadsby was doing it then it would be fan orientated. But as Glicks doing it, it'll be money orientated.

It'll be franchised no doubt. Its got to make money all year not just every other week during the football season. The convenience shop will be for the people who work on Pride Park.

If the club ends up with an income from rental of the properties thats the best we can hope for.

What? like the Baseball bar and grill? not the greatest success story is it, think it would be better selling to the higest bidder because thats what its there for, to bring in revenue

Is Starbuck an image thing? cus I'm sure the last place used to sell coffee too.

You see then all sat there nursing a cold mug of expensively half filled with froth coffee on their lap tops hogging all the leather sofa's.

Why dont they feck off! Mind you, i wont go in anymore, the rip off coffee grinding mocha latte barstewards.

Will the income from the Plaza be part of the DCFC income therefore under the new fair play rules allowing us a higher wages as the percentage is based on higher income?

yes i think it will, although I think it wont, if you know what i mean.

Archived