It gets better for Liverpool

Bingy

Once again its great to see these highly paid footballers living up to the status of role models.

[size=5][size=1]Liverpool face fresh turmoil after midfielder Stewart Downing was arrested on suspicion of assault after allegedly hitting an ex-girlfriend in a nightclub row. [/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]The England international, 27, was arrested after a late night fracas at a club in the upmarket suburb of Yarm, near Middlesborough, at about 1am on Sunday morning. [/size][/size]

[size=4][size=1]It is the latest incident to rock the Anfield club, coming hot on the heels of the arrest of a 20-year-old man for allegedly racially abusing Oldham defender Tom Adeyemi on Friday night.[/size][/size]

Trouble: Stewart Downing (right) was arrested near Middlesbrough

[size=5][size=1]The club also remain embroiled in a second race row with Luis Suarez serving an eight-match ban for abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]It is claimed that Downing assaulted his ex-partner, with whom he is thought to have a child, after rowing with her while drinking at the Cross Keys club on Yarm High Street.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]A local source told the Mail Online that there had been an incident between the two of them.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]'She went over to one of his friends and said something that she shouldn't have,' the source said. [/size][/size]

In the beginning: Midfielder Downing began his career at Middlesbrough

[size=5][size=1]'He butted in and they were arguing.' It's then that the source alleged that he hit her.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]The source continued: 'Police got there as they were thrown out. He caused a scene outside the club as well, when he realised they were going to take him in.'[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]Downing, who comes from nearby Middlesborough, is thought to have been back in town visiting old friends. [/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]After coming up through the Middlesborough academy, he made almost 200 appearances for the club before joining Aston Villa.[/size][/size]

Target: Downing scored his first goal for Liverpool against Oldham

[size=5][size=1]He made an £18 million move to Liverpool last summer but has struggled to make his mark at Anfield but did score his first goal for the club in Friday's 5-1 FA Cup win over Oldham.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]Referring to last night's incident, a police spokesman said: 'Police were called to an incident at a pub on Yarm High Street. [/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]'A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and a 32-year-old woman has also been arrested on suspicion of assault. [/size][/size]

[size=5][size=1]'Both are in custody and inquiries are ongoing.'[/size][/size]

Read more: [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083829/Stewart-Downing-arrested-allegedly-punching-ex-girlfriend.html#ixzz1itHmD4Xi]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083829/Stewart-Downing-arrested-allegedly-punching-ex-girlfriend.html#ixzz1itHmD4Xi

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also has a kid with her.. How can you go from being in love and having a child with a women to then hitting her.. He's hitting the mother of his child.. Seriously, how do people get into situations like this?

I swear footballers in general are just brainless chavs with alot of money

Downing allegedly hit his ex-girlfriend.. According to that.

What would drive any person (male) to hit a woman, seriously?

What is the difference between a man hitting a woman and a woman hitting a man?

Perhaps Downing was being abused. Perhaps she gave him two black eyes and he struck her in retaliation.

Until we know the facts then who are we to judge.

What is the difference between a man hitting a woman and a woman hitting a man?

Perhaps Downing was being abused. Perhaps she gave him two black eyes and he struck her in retaliation.

Until we know the facts then who are we to judge.

Men hit a lot harder than women (usually), but I do see where you are coming from. I am trying to think of a situation where I would hit a woman, maybe only if they harmed my family on purpose I think...unless it was Jo Brand, I can't stand her and she is nearly a man anyway!

Archived