Football Manager 2012

SomersetRam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First year I haven't had football manager, because it seems predictably the same.

I think they should change each game, if only slightly to stop players like Griffiths becoming superstars, ruins it for me! The most enjoyable game I had was on 09? and literally gone through 10-11 seasons and most of the players were super gens and spending hours (god, I was a sad ****) just scouting youth set ups for players who could turn out to be world class, but players names are always different when they are super gens, so can't copy, can't cheat...etc

I started at Ilkeston, signed Malcolm Christie all I pretty much needed and loans from Derby, and other local clubs... easy job really! went to Millwall and got really stuck into the game, and by the end of it I had a team of about 90% super gens, and they were worth so much, best youth academy on the game, best backroom staff and by the end of it, the money I was given I never spent because I had a top team, unfortunately due to the nature of football manager, new owners came in and sacked a champions league winner with couple of prem titles, and other national cups and I went to Real Madrid where I brought some of my old players back, but not all and the backroom staff wouldn't come... ruined it for me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Still thats how the game should be played, in my opinion!

The only thing that annoys me about this year is how long pre-season takes and the ammount of irrelevent messages you get. Other than that so far so good. Jamil Adam is quality for my Burton team.

Does anyone know how to download the lower tiers for England and how to set them up with the database?

Got FM 2012 for xmas this year. Started as Alfreton Town, squad was already great so only signed 3-4 players, and about 15 kids to build a reserve team and draft them in when the injuries started mounting up. IMO the best way to play FM is not to sign too many 1st team players in one transfer window otherwise you'll end up losing alot of matches. Hardly ever change the back 4 and goalie unless its an injury. Only issue with the game is, the pre season takes far too long!

I'm Lincoln at the moment some great free transfers. Sitting in 6th (one place off playoffs) after 11 games. Had to make a couple of signings I didn't want to make because of a ridiculous amount of injuries in pre-season.

I'm Lincoln too mate - who have you bought?

Getting it for crimbo from the missus (fatal mistake on her part 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> )

Gonna take over at Derby when i start playing for obvious reason so any tips or player recommendations from anyone and i would be grateful.

Thanks

When I was Derby I bought John Baird, a forward who I think plays for Raith - he scored 22 goals in his first season for me.

Hold on, so if they can get that wrong does that mean they could get his wages wrong as well, and what about other players they could have incoreect info on them aswell. I mean is FM really a factual database to use anymore to say if we can afford X player or not?

Hold on, so if they can get that wrong does that mean they could get his wages wrong as well, and what about other players they could have incoreect info on them aswell. I mean is FM really a factual database to use anymore to say if we can afford X player or not?

I base all my transfer ideas on who develops well on football manager. We should sign a lad called Dave England... Oh wait I created him on the database when I got bored once... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

Archived