Football Manager 2012

SomersetRam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won Europa league after beating Valencia 1-0 in extra time.. was actually nervous watching the little stick men run around, but it was a game I dominated so didn't have much to worry about but couldn't put the ball in the net, however on the 100th minute Kadlec notched his 40th goal of the season and won the tie, after the goal I went to 'contain' and saw the tie out... however at this point I was 4th playing 3rd last game of the season at home (a game I lost) and I dropped to 6th 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> but good season had by all, along with this also took up the England job.. first game won 2-0 against Argentina and second game lost 2-1 against Mexico, now due to go into the world cup qualifiers.

This pre-season I have sold 5-6 fringe players Mendy for 3million, Spearing for 1million, Weiss for 2million...etc and since by second choice keeper Joe Lewis has gone for nowt, I have brought Alex Smithies in for nowt relatively simple in and out, one big signing so far in McEachran who wasn't getting in the Everton side, but in my England side as the 5th best centre midfielder so signed him for initial 3.5million, bargin of the season will probably prove to be Lenny Nangis who I signed from Man City for 1.5million, scout report has him down as a leading premiership player that will get better as he is still young, along with this signed a re-gen at Right back again will go on to be a leading premiership right back!

This will be my 6th season, and the game is now getting strange and is completely an unknown which I like, makes it a much more difficult challenge! I want to win everything with Sheffield Wednesday and that is the aim but looking at the strength of the manchester teams, especially man utd who finished 18 points above anyone else is brilliant, Rooney is being pushed out by a re-gen and pretty much every single one of their 'hot prospects' are 4/5 star and strangely the same with Roma!

Top 4 finish this year is the aim, but I'm betting I finish 6th again 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Why does Paul frickin' Jewell always become England manager at some point? I'm guessing it doesn't just happen to me.

Happened to me as well, not been playing on it last couple of days, i think Mncini is England manager now and England are now 2nd in world behind argentina.

Aidy Bothroyd is England manager on my game!

Strangely enough he's Chelsea manager on mine, Nigel is at notts county, Mourinho is at City, Pulis is at Newcastle, Steve Kean's just been sacked by wolves and Owen Coyle is the ROI u21's manager!! They're just the ones off the top of my head, i know there are other weird ones as well.

In 2016/2017 season now in march and in 2nd round of knockouts in uefa cup losing to hsv 1-0 after first leg, sitting 7th in prem and in got spurs in semi of fa cup, hardly bought any one this season just bought kids for the under 18s who are top of there league as are my reserves,

Have signed macheda and a keeper called courtois from barca on a free, and sold Tim krul for 6m got a few bids of 13/14m for Sebastian Coates, also signed jean Marie jongou for 14 m scored 25 in 29 for me, got a 16 year old wonder kid called koch he scored 37 in 23 under 18 games he worth 4.6m already and my 15 year old keeper called rune hulstrupp who also quality

Smashed my Record singing in the start of 2017 with an re-gen who played for boca Luis Castro (greatest name) averages 7.59 a game over 100 games, and for a centre midfielder creates and scores most games, although t'is a different league, first two games of 2017 went well, beating Wolves away 6-1 and beating Burnley at home 3-1. Lenny Nangis already on 22 premier league goals!

Still not in the top 4, currently 5th behind Newcastle, Liverpool, and the Manchesters who again are miles above anyone in terms of points! qualified for europa knock out stages unbeaten, through to the league cup semi final against wigan but my FA cup third round tie is away at Arsenal, fairly tricky!

It's far too addictive, Chelsea latest team to offer me a game on 80k a week and a 45 million pound transfer fund... but I want to win everything in the blue and white of Wednesday although starting to think the Manchester teams are untouchable!

I'm thinking that, more city than united cos they had bad season n finished 5th last year, city winning everything by miles , they just beat me 6-1 in cup

After a great session last night 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> I am still in all cup competitions, moved upto 4th and scoring goals for fun!

beat Wigan in the league cup semi final 4-1 on aggregate(not that impressive, they're championship after all)

beat Arsenal in the FA cup 3-0, even more impressive as I did it on their turf.

lost to newcastle in the league, although apart from that I won all my games in January!

Got QPR in FA cup 4th round, and West Ham/Arsenal in league cup final, West Ham currently 1-0 up in that tie.

4th in the league but 11 points behind city and united who are joint top, 5 points behind liverpool and a point or two infront of Newcastle and the rest of the chasing pack! I am winning my away games now, rather than before where i'd have 60% possession 18 shots on goal and lose 2-1, so it's positive... a late rush for the title? I doubt it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

in my 3rd season at derby would be more but i keep changing to new games current premier league champions but i havent had a good start lost my first 2 to teams i should beat started to win a few but they have thrown away 2 matches where we were winning by 2 and it ended up being a draw think im 4th or 6th plus im manager of england got a few decent newgens in my team too

in my 3rd season at derby would be more but i keep changing to new games current premier league champions but i havent had a good start lost my first 2 to teams i should beat started to win a few but they have thrown away 2 matches where we were winning by 2 and it ended up being a draw think im 4th or 6th plus im manager of england got a few decent newgens in my team too

So you won the premier league in your second season at derby? How did you manage that? That's incredible.

So you won the premier league in your second season at derby? How did you manage that? That's incredible.

wasnt easy i had to rely on arsenal messing up plus derby were bought out so i had some money and some wicked newgens that i got for next to nothing one of them was about 40k from a bsp team

first season in the prem with derby , glick gave me 4 million transfer budget , 220k per week wage budget ,, could only sign 2 players , so far im in January bottom of the table with 1 win (sound familiar) im on 8 points and doomed for relegation but the board are still pleased with my performance (again sound familiar)

Archived