Football Manager 2012

SomersetRam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The start to the 4th season hasn't gone to plan... opening day 3-1 win against Newcastle and win in euro cup qualifier 4-3 on aggregate against Udinese has been over shadowed by long injuries to Penial Mpala, Vaclav Kadlec and Kamohelo Mokotjo who'll be out for roughly 2-4months and a 2-0 loss at home to manure was nothing to a 3-0 loss against Fulham!

Next few games I have Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool in my next 5 not to mention a tricky euro group, could be a rough season!

America is going very well, last 3 friendlies have seen 13 goals scored and 1 conceded!

Update!

Season, semi back on track... although knocked out the league cup first round for the 4th year running, this time in penalties against Birmingham 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

Draw with Arsenal, and a convincing win against Portsmouth in my last 2 league games has put me on 7pts from 5 games but the european tour is going well, although my 'comeback king' description is beyond a joke! against Fenerbache I was 2-0 down to win 3-2 and to FC RB Salzburg I went 1-0 down to win 2-1, so doing well in the group stages!

The game is ruining my life though, big time! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I thought I played mine loads!!

Actually I play mine more at work than I do st home, along with darts... Oh n we just all chipped in to buy a new 42" tv ready for the euros and with the change we bought a bar football table!! So we now have...

Electronically scored dart board, bar football, ps3, tv, we also have poker nights!!

Who says work is bad!!

I'm off till Saturday so I may have to have a few hours on mine today as I have neglected, I'm in 2015/16 season with bristol, I took over them about 10 games ago but had no money and no wages to sign anyone, max I could pay was £180 a week, Maynard was on 26k ( think jewell must of been manager before me) anyway I did manage to sign a player called djinmaliho am/L / str and his ratings are 16/17 and even a few 19s he only 17 and on 125pw got him on a free n he worth 1.8m only prob is his natural fitness is a 5 so when he has played a game by the time the next game comes his fitness is only about 35% so has to miss a game!! I'm working on his strength to improve this!!

I thought I played mine loads!!

Actually I play mine more at work than I do st home, along with darts... Oh n we just all chipped in to buy a new 42" tv ready for the euros and with the change we bought a bar football table!! So we now have...

Electronically scored dart board, bar football, ps3, tv, we also have poker nights!!

Who says work is bad!!

I'm off till Saturday so I may have to have a few hours on mine today as I have neglected, I'm in 2015/16 season with bristol, I took over them about 10 games ago but had no money and no wages to sign anyone, max I could pay was £180 a week, Maynard was on 26k ( think jewell must of been manager before me) anyway I did manage to sign a player called djinmaliho am/L / str and his ratings are 16/17 and even a few 19s he only 17 and on 125pw got him on a free n he worth 1.8m only prob is his natural fitness is a 5 so when he has played a game by the time the next game comes his fitness is only about 35% so has to miss a game!! I'm working on his strength to improve this!!

Re-Gens on this game are ridiculous, most of them are just about competent in every position! In my Youth candidates I was given an absolute gem for nothing, feels a bit like cheating to be honest 'rated as one of the best players of his generation' a striker with a potential rating of 5 star at 16, bids of 5-10million have already come in and I put an asking price of 125million on his head! he is 2 star as it is, at 16.. just half a star behind Sean Scannell so a very good championship/decent prem striker level!

I have signed loads of re-gens and put them in my reserves although i've moved one or two up into the first team now, I have about 8 players with a potential rating of 4 star or more which means 'leading premiership' all signed for absolutely nothing! In my america team, I have 3 re-gens that play regularly... a Striker who is 19 now, I think... more than goal a game in MLS, scored 3 in the last 2 games, a centre back which won young player at the world cup and a central midfielder that as I said is a natural in both defensive and attacking roles, big help!

Man Utd have a ridiculous amount of world class youth players coming through, 2-3 regen strikers of theirs are always popping up!

Had a couple of hours on it today, released 11 first team players as they were on silly wages,

Signed strikers darrell alphonse and souleymane coulibaly on loan from man city

Signed Danny graham from Swansea on a free

Brazilian super kid lapa along with Alex bruce, alessio Romano, stephane sessegnon ivo ilivich ovidieu christea Angelo bernardini and a few more, spent 300k and sold 740ks worth, I'm now 44k a week under my wage budget n just about to start the season

Started out with derby as you do about a week ago sold roberts Davies twins bywater Pearson Martin and all the crap 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

First signing was billy kee for 30k ( bargain ) scored 6 in 10 so far

Also singed

Jason koumas - free

Javan Vidal - free

Billy sharp for 1.5mil pluss cywka

Aiden white - swap for roberts pluss cash

Signings ongoing I'll get back when I'm finished 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I take it you guys are on the pc version?

Yes sir, sitting top of league one at the min after 14 games, lost 2 drawn 2, 5 round of league cup and drawn championships charlton, I'm lowest placed team left in it!! Did lose 2-0 to league 2

Basement boys Exeter in first round of the paint trophy, Happy with squad for season and have 488k transfer budget so I'm buying youth now for the future, my average age is 20, but bought a 16 year old wonder kid called Kennedy from st pats I think!!

Also somehow managed to get some Japanese scout who has 19s on his scouting abilities !!

The future is bright the future is Bristol city!!

Will say though surprised with some league 1 teams... Sheffield wed, Bolton, palace, burnley, Middlesbrough.. Leyton orient are 12th in the prem and the rams are 5th in there, England are ranked 33rd in world!!

Playing football manager on friday night? What the feckin hell is wrong with my life?

Anyway, i finally won the league cup beating spurs 3-0 currently 5th in the league in March. Paul Jewell is the England manager!!! Seriously. Kyle Bartley is my captain, sign him up he turns out world class.

Had a 12 hour shift today so banged 8 hours in on champ, Bristol we top of league one and Newcastle n villa both came in for me, I decided to jump ship n took over Newcastle, have signed Leigh griffiths from wolves and kalou from Chelsea tiote is mint on it, currently 10th in prem n in quarters of fa cup, though I just got spanked 6-2 by arsenal!!

Last night went through a bad patch and a good patch, ended on my good patch as ive got liverpool, chelsea and manure next I thought it was best to leave it as it was... 16 year old Steve Foster has scored 3 in my last 4 as kadlec is injured, i was determined to bring him on as he is one of the best players of his generation and came through the youth academy so want him to get upto that level soon! In europe I have a tricky tie against Athletic, in the first knockout round but after that it's rangers or braga so could go further than expected in the competition! The players are nothing but ***** though, through my bad patch they were telling me how **** I am... Got to many first team players in the squad and they're getting testy but no-one will buy them and they wont go!

Overall, through europa group stages and currently 8th a point behind man city in 7th!

Phew, just had a takeover by a portugese consortium, and there were strong rumours that as soon as they took over they would replace me as manager with a bloke called Erwin Koeman. He was even present at one of the games, but after beating city 3-0 in front of him the new chairman said he was impressed by how much the fans adored me and has kept me on. Hopefully he'll give me a wad of cash now.

Archived