Football Manager 2012

SomersetRam

A few years ago they did a version of CM2 that had been updated with all the right players at all the right teams, and all the teams in the right leagues etc. I played that and loved it. Proper back to basics.

I tend to agree that these days they've just gone completely overboard on the accuracy and breadth of involvement that you have as a manager within the game. There are some parts that I really couldn't care less about. I want to be responsible for the transfer dealings, team selection and tactics etc, but beyond that I'm not that bothered. Granted, you can place a lot of stuff at the discretion of your assistant manager, but still there's a lot that then gets fed back to you whether you're actively involved or not. I find that I spend more time reading news items than I actually do doing anything directly relating to a matchday.

Think the farthest I ever went with CM2 was about 20 seasons in with Bayern Munich. These days I hardly manage to finish a season in the year between releases of the game! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alfreton town conference champions 2012/2013

Not bought a single player just a full team of freebies!! Ground extended to 6000 all seater,

Can't get them to go professional though!! Birmingham in the champ offered me job!! They got 14.25m to spend!!!! Wtf.. Turned them, chelsea and everton down!!

I'm now on £950 a week!

Alfreton town conference champions 2012/2013

Not bought a single player just a full team of freebies!! Ground extended to 6000 all seater,

Can't get them to go professional though!! Birmingham in the champ offered me job!! They got 14.25m to spend!!!! Wtf.. Turned them, chelsea and everton down!!

I'm now on £950 a week!

Got an Alfreton save myself. Currently 3rd in the first season, no chance of auto though.

Pablo Counago, Samba Kanoute, Bob Malcolm (Don't go there), Adam Roberts (Loan) and Andy Gialambardo all brought in. Chris Senior is a beast playing off of Counago, 35 appearences and 22 goals.

In the semi's of the FA Trophy too, fingers crossed.

Used the editor to put Hucknall Town in the blue square north, got back to back promotions, just got Callum Ball and Conor Doyle on season long loans, Ball is a goal machine in league two, would recommend getting him, Doyle puts a good shift in every game. just beat Doncaster in the JPT 7-0 away!!!!!! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to leave alfreton as they wouldn't up their ambitions n whenever I got a player into any decent player the board sold him but never gave me the money for transfers or even wages, think when I started in 2011 they were worth 100k its now 2015 n they r now a pro team instead of part time, in league 2 and worth 500k n lost to a 87th min goal against arsenal, have a 65k a season link with Sheffield wednesday, but they wanted to extend the ground every season ( from 2500 now at 7000 ) but wouldn't let me improve training or youth facilities, so have taken over at Bristol city who are bottom of champ 4 points adrift n 10 games to go and are 17k a week over there wage budget!!

I'm Derby still in year 2017, got to carling cup final past 3 years lost every time, twice to liverpool once to arsenal, was in europa league last year as i beat man city on the final day to leapfrog them into 4th but got knocked out to atletico madrid, beat liverpool 8-1 away!! How realistic is that! Game time just over 3 days.

I'll join in, started one with Sheffield Wednesday...

First season, in League one, I relied mainly on loans Townsend, Marshall, and Mackie were all good players for me, signed James Beattie on a free who ended up being my top goalscorer with 22 and my first signing of Tom Hateley was POTY, did awful in the cups got knocked out of every single first round, if I remember correctly..

Best 11 of 2011/2012 season: Weaver, Bennett, Kadar, Jones, Hateley, Semedo, Marshall, Townsend, Oster, Mackie and Beattie

Second season, in the championship I got a fair bit to spend and spent a fair bit on the previous years top goalscorer at Peterborough in Ahmed Soukouna, signed a couple of forest players in Majewski and Chambers both were excellent for me, signed Ben Marshall on a permanent deal, and loaned Townsend again, best signing was James Henry from Millwall who got into double figures with goals and assists, again similar season to the last one got promoted fighting with Forest for the majority of the year for top spot, did crap in the cup!

Best 11 of 2012/2013: Lewis, Cunningham, O'Dea, Chambers, Hateley, Marshall, James, Majewski, Henry, Townsend and Soukouna

Season i've just completed with Wednesday I finished 8th in the league, with a poor goal difference and erratic results, lost by 5 goals on more than one occasion, best thing about this was I got big money to spend and spent the most of it on Vaclav Kadlec who is somewhat of a football manager legend, on his competitive debut he scored 4 and finished my top goalscorer but scored in patches, but notched 26 goals in 42 games, I signed Sterling half way through the season and he is turning out to be a brilliant signing, despite getting knocked out of the league cup first round by stockport.. yes, stockport! I won the FA cup, despite not playing anyone better than me, Sunderland who finished 16th in the premiership was my highest ranked opposition in the quarter final, and finished with a 2-1 win over a championship Cardiff in the final...

Best 11 from 2013/2014: Lewis, Ostrzolek, El Kaoutari, Chambers, Hateley, Zeman, Sparing, Mendy, Henry, Soukouna and Kadlec

This season, I had 30+million to spend with 200k+ more added to the wage bill, haven't started yet but just been wiped out 4-1 by man utd in the community shield, so not to promising..

Ezequiel Munoz - 6million - Palmero

Pablo Sarabia - 3.8million - Getafe

Penial Mlapa - 7.5million - Hoffenheim

Roberto Firmino - 3.8million - Hoffenheim

Daniel Carvajal - free - Real Madrid

Alejandro Bedoya - free - Rangers

Vladimir Wiess - free - Man City

Ter Stegan - 4.1million - Gladbach

Kamohelo Mokotjo - 4.3million - PSV

also, with all this.. took USA to a world cup semi final pretty much under similar circumstances to how I won the FA cup, I didn't expect to get through the group round, but a opening day win over world ranked number 1 Ivory Coast put me in top spot, second game against Ecuador I was 3-0 down at Half time went 5-3 up and they got a late goal which meant I put contain on, and 5 at the back.. won 5-4 which saw me qualify, last game played France and got beat 2-0 however, then played Morroco which I made a tough job off, won by an own goal in the last 10 minutes 2-1.. pulled south africa in the quarter final which seemed easy, won 3-0 they didn't have a shot on goal and then in the semi got Brazil, however these battered me, went 1-0 up and thought it was over until the last 5 minutes were Adtidore scored and made it 1-1, then I battered them in extra time but couldn't get the winner and then lost on penalties, right *******!!

i remember playing fm 2009 for about 20 seasons, i was inter and after a few years Mario Balotelli was the best player on the game. England were ranked about 31st in the world and Russia were world champs, i've probably still got the disk somewhere.

i remember playing fm 2009 for about 20 seasons, i was inter and after a few years Mario Balotelli was the best player on the game. England were ranked about 31st in the world and Russia were world champs, i've probably still got the disk somewhere.

FM is so unrealistic... Balotelli being world's best. Never!

Which is the best device to get this game on as I was thinking my iPod touch but was unsure if you can get teams like alfreton town Etc if you could help guys thanks also can you get belper town on it?

On the iPod it goes down to the blue square south/north

I was Derby, had 3 decent seasons in the championship, coming 12th, 6th and 5th which I thought was pretty decent. Had an average squad age of 23 so things were looking good, just wanted Mr Glick to say here £2million go and make a promotion push, but a 20+ goal season striker to fire us up the league.

What does he do?

Gives me 50k, I resign immediately and leave for Forest 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> just to spite the n0b!

Got promoted with forest, and finished 8th first season. Left them and went to Man City, just spent £49 million on Falcao and he's sitting on the bench, Neymar and Aguero upfront!

Archived