Football Manager 2012

SomersetRam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to start a game as derby tonight, can anyone suggest any signings for the budget I'll be given?

sign a striker called Sanogo on loan from a french club, you will be able to sign him on a free at the end of the season whilst he's on loan with you , i did 2 seasons later he is worth 5 mil , also right winger Jonas Kemper did awesome for me , Greg Cunningham on loan from Man City too

Just finished my 6th season...

Finished 4th on 72 points, 3 points behind 3rd who was Liverpool and finished 8 points infront of 5th in Sunderland.

Won the league cup beating Arsenal in the final.

Knocked out the FA cup 5th Round by Championship Wigan 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Lost in the Europa league final to Newcastle 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Last two games with England have finished 7-0 and 8-0 and very much on course for straight qualification for 2018 world cup.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Want to win the premiership in the next 3 years, younger players are coming on a lot faster now.... very plausible! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

has there been many ability changes on the update? Guessing a couple of the young lads will have better potential.

yeah will hughes is worth more callum ball is now 1.5m theo robingson is 3 and a half stars but doesnt have mason bennett on the game cant remember the rest

Not played much recently but played a couple of Matches last night. Currently unbeaten, just lost my league cup 4th round game to Bolton though after beating West ham and Norwich away (both 1-0) Also beat West ham 1-0 away in the league and battered Forest 4-2 at the city ground!! Jamie Wards out until February though which is a bit of a blow.

My football manager is back on!

Made a few signings, all regens obviously... a german, a serbian, an argantine and a greek. I'm running low on English players so offered Jordan Henderson a contract (back up) and the cheeky fecker wanted 54k, my highest earner is on 33k!

Hopefully can dominate the champions league (first season in the champions league after 2 europa finals... my team scores goals for fun in europe!) and the premiership, if I can knock about with the manchester sides I'll be happy!

Hopefully the end of the season I'll have won every trophy, in time for the 2018 world cup with England (doubt it)

• 3 weeks later...

Greatest game I ever had on FM was back in the CM days - did 20+ seasons with Bayern Munich.

In a fit of nostalgia I started a new Bayern game on FM2012.

I can see where the 'too easy' comments come from - even though I'm Bayern, in previous years I'm fairly sure I'd have faced a more difficult challenge than I have on this one. Half way through my third season - won the league twice already and looking to retain it again - currently 70+ matches unbeaten in the league, including an unbeaten season last year. Won the Pokal twice as well, and still in it this year. Only disappointment has come in the Champions League where I went out in the QFs to Inter in my first year, then Real Madrid in the first knockout round last year. This season, I'm still in and have Lyon in the first knockout round.

Current team - playing 4-1-2-2-1;

GK - Neuer

DL - Boateng

DC - Badstuber

DC - Emre Can (can't remember if he was a regen or came through the youth team)

DR - Lahm (Captain)

DMC - Luiz Gustavo

ML - Robben

MC - Schweinsteiger

MC - Kroos

MR - Shakiri

ST - Soldado (from Valencia)

Subs - (a forgettably named GK, a young English DC called Williams, Ribery, Mario Gomez, Thomas Muller, and then a couple of youngsters - one named Woodford, a young English MC bought from Man Utd, and a youong German DMC called Vogt who I picked up from Bochum).

All in all, perhaps a little too easy, but enjoyable none-the-less.

• 2 weeks later...

Still Newcastle in season 2022/23 been here 6 seasons and gone from nowhere in prem to top, have won uefa cup and fa cup, league once,runner up once, managed England twice but resign as its boring , jean Marie dongou is still banging them in for me, I bought a player from wolves called Attila toth for 24m as he was banging them in left right n centre, was european player of year, came to me on 110k a week wages and scored a p

Massive, 26 in 2.5 seasons , I sold him to Charlton for 3.8m ( bad management) but I'd say sign coates from Liverpool, dongou from barca and Leigh griffiths from wolves( on loan at hibs) if u still in first seasons as they all still going strong

Archived