Martin O'Neill new Sunderland manger

-JW-

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree mate,i cant see why people rave about him

vastly over-rated in my book

They rave about him because every club he has joined improved greatly under him and the moment he left they went backwards..

Leicester (2 league cups + PL football), Celtic (titles plus knockout stages of CL) and Villa (3 consecutive 6th place finishes plus league cup final) aren't a shadow now of what they were under him..

He's a brilliant manager

i dont think he is

Normally I'd say it's your opinion mate but to be honest O'Neill's record speaks for itself. As Bris said, every club he's joined has improved and then stagnated as he left. It's a shame he never got to manage a top 4 club in England, deserved a lot more accolades than he got.

He gets results. Many Villa fans didn't actually take to him because of the rather dour brand of football they played.

He will steady the ship at Sunderland but they want be the most watchable side in the Premiership.

A good manager but certainly not a great one.

I know a couple of Villa fans who aren't over enamoured with him a) because of the state of the playing squad he left and b ) the style of football they play.

Having said that results are much more important for Sunderland so they'll probably be happy enough with a few ugly wins.

He lacks a plan B, something which managers require these days. He also spent a lot of cash at Villa,.

He's a good man manger though.

He did spend alot of cash but made massive profits on Young, Downing and Milner.. Gareth Barry an LukeYoung improved under him too..

His biggest achievement though must be getting a **** Scottish club into the second round of the chmpions league.. An amazing feat given both Rangers and Celtic don't even qualiify for it these days..

He could do a job at a top 4 club.. Not sure why he left Villa though, he took them as far as he could? So why take over Sunderland? The same will happen again, any decent player he gets will be sold in a flash when the big bucks come rollin in..

I like his passion.And lets be honest,we would love him here.

Speak for yourself, O'Neill at Derby would put the tin hat on it for me and that would be my lot with football as a whole. It would be great if he went to Leeds, my two most detestable things in football at the same place, chuck in my dislike for Ken Bates and it would be total hatred for them all.

Speak for yourself, O'Neill at Derby would put the tin hat on it for me and that would be my lot with football as a whole. It would be great if he went to Leeds, my two most detestable things in football at the same place, chuck in my dislike for Ken Bates and it would be total hatred for them all.

Gadsby tried to get him here before billy "judas" davies signed. I can think of a lot worse managers we could have here....a lot.one of thems in the job now.

Archived