Budding managers (championship mananger question)

RotherhamRam

I am interested to see what people think with our current situation with players available etc what team, formation would you pick for the next game knowing the following information.

We have injuries to the following players

Bailey (ankle), Anderson (Hamstring), Tyson (groin), Steve Davies (fractures Skull), Robinson (hamstrin), Riggott (ankle)

Coming back from injury

This is tricky if played to early could lead to a break down and potentiall for the rest of the season.

Brayford (thigh), Barker (knee), Green (knee), Croft (ankle), Doyle (ankle), Buxton (back and groin), Kilbane

Playing with injuries

O'Brien (shoulder sprain), Shackell (hip)

Players who appear not to be in plans

Leacock (apparent poor attitude, mystery illness and knee injury), Martins (been on loan not producing)

Poor performances and form

Cywka, Maguire, Roberts

Players who are starting to look tired

Hendrick, Ben Davies and Bryson (in my opinion)

Players on loan

Bywater (on loan to Wednesday), Pearson (Bristol City) and Addison (who is only coming back after a 2 month injury and can't make the team at Barnsley)

The rules for this thread are as follows

1) No calling for Board/Glick or Clough to quit

2) Not to be turned into a bashing session

3) Not to discuss possible loan signings or transfer targets

4) You can only pick players who are available and not injured players. You also have to consider the impact of playing a player in poor form or playing players too soon coming back from injury may cause further serious injury. You can pick players not currently considered in Cloughs plans highlighted above

5) Can not pick players who are out on loan from Derby County to other clubs.

5) Not to become a slagging match.

6) Add a brief comment why picked the team or formation.

I Will start it off

----------------Fielding----------------

Brayford O'Brien Shackell Kilbane

---------------Hendricks--------------

Ben Davies---Bryson--------Martins

------------Ward-----------------------

-------------------Ball-------------------

Subs of Legzdin, Barker, Green, Bennett, Croft

Reason being are that Barker and Green are coming back from long term injury and are not ready to start and would risk further injury there are still 20+ games (with cup if we have a run) left to play.

Martins is the forgotten man and could not do worse than play him to give him a chance like Cywka and Maguire have had.

Hendricks can concentrate on protecting defence and give him a chance to regain form. Bryson can have a more of an attacking and control aspect of his game and hopefully stop them two from occupying the same space.

Ben Davies to get back the link down the right with Brayford which worked so well at beginning of season.

Ward can play the free role behind the striker as Commons did and could find his feet scoring there.

Ball although not taken his chances to date we need the height up there and would give him the chance to take his opportunity with the mounting injuries etc.

Back 4 which allowed us to get the early wins. Kilbane on the left worked better than Roberts as with Ward and Roberts on the left we must have smallest left side in Championship and balls over the top into the corner are far to easy at present and we are being exposed down there with Roberts.

Barker and Green on bench as only ready for 20-30 minutes on pitch coming back from injuries but can have an impact. Bennett as he is young fit and determined to do well and prove himself and in last 30 mins could put their defence under pressure. Croft as he can cover the wings he does one thing well and that is run at defenders and turns them and he can also cover at RB if Brayford gets injured and allows Green if required to slip into midfield.

There you go be interesting to see what people would do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

traditional 1-11 as I cant be arsed with spacing it out in formation.

Playing away from home where it's no shame to say I'd take a point right now. It's an away from home set up 4-5-1 (none of that nancy 4-1-4-1 ********)

1) Frankie Fielding

2) Brayford

3) Roberts

4) Bryson (central midfield)

5) Barker (captain)

6) Shackell

7) Davies

8) Green (defensive mid)

9) Ball (stevie howard??)

10) Hendrick

11) Ward

subs

Doyle, Buxton, Legzdins, Bennet, Hughes (after watching the full match I'd be amazed to see Tommy or Chris near the squad)

Green sitting in, Hendrick - dictating the play and Bryson bomkbing on as the advanced midfielder.

Davies right

Ward Left

Ball on his own.

Option of swtiching greenie to the right in front of JB and pushing Jamie ward upfront with Callum to go 4-4-2

Only debate in my mind is who gets the nod on his own upfront.

Fielding

Brayford Riggott Barker Roberts

Croft Green Hendrick Bryson B.Davies

Ward

Bench:- Leggy,Shackell,Cywka,Ball,Bennett.

This team would be very solid from back to front & Ward can play up front on his own with the ball played on the deck,through the midfield.

.......................................Fielding...............................

Brayford..............Barker...............Shackell................Naylor

...........................Green...................Hendrick........................

B Davies............................Bryson................................Ward

............................................Ball............................................

Subs: Legs - Cwyka - Croft- Naylor - Buxton

Reasons: Solid passing side with the potential for Ball to make a name for himself!

.......................................Fielding...............................

Brayford..............Barker...............Shackell................Naylor

...........................Green...................Hendrick........................

B Davies............................Bryson................................Ward

............................................Ball............................................

Subs: Legs - Cwyka - Croft- Naylor - Buxton

Reasons: Solid passing side with the potential for Ball to make a name for himself!

Sorry got Naylor down twice did you mean Roberts on the bench. Like the formation forgot Naylor when setting my team up would drop Kilbane from team for him

I don't see why everyone seems to be against Gareth Roberts?

I've never been his biggest fan and I think if we are serious about going places then we will need to replace him but for now he's good enough. The last 3/4 games he's been the defender actually doing the "defending".

I'd go:

Fielding

Bray

Shackell

Barker

Roberts

B Davies

Green

Bryson

Cywka

Bennett

Ward

No long balls, short passing, lots of movement/runs. Play to our strengths and options available!

I like to call this our B team.

Bywater

Brayford, Barker, Buxton,

B, davies, Bryson, Bailey, Bueno,

Bennett, Ball

3-4-2 formation we only need ten men.

That clearly breaks thread rules number 4 and 5, I'd hide when RR gets online

Now now calm down calm down.

I wish we had obafemi martins as would sort out striker issue, unfortunately I meant David Martin. And as wishing for Obafemi is against the rules lol I have to change the formation from Martins to Martin. I think however young David in the current formation is worth a punt as outside of Ben Davies and Croft probably the only other out and out winger we have and against Cardiff two seasons ago he appeared to do ok and scored a goal.

Archived