Budding managers (championship mananger question)

RotherhamRam

Surprised more have not responded to this.

For me now the side with Prisking I too would look at the 4411

----------------------Fielding-----------------------

Brayford------O'Brien------Shackell----Naylor

Ben Davies---Green------Hendrick-------Ward

-------------------Bryson-------------------------

---------------------------Priskin------------------

Subs Legzdin, Barker, Roberts, Ball, Croft

Now we have Priskin I would still not risk Barker but I would play Naylor, With the highball Roberts will be less than useless and Naylor who can play LB and over 6' will stop that threat or at least lessen it down the left.

I would go back to pushing Bryson up behind the striker as he is box to box and at beginning of season especially against Birmingham on opening day he played his better football as link from midfield to attack. I would however risk Green he has a lot to prove to Trapodni for Ireland and will be determined to break into the Ireland squad again. Also with Croft on the bench he could drop into the midfield or bring Ball on and pull Bryson back. Green plays differently to Bryson so hopefully him and Hendricks will not occupy the same space.

Priskin is a must and with Ball we can revert to the typical 442 and with his height and Priskin speed should be able to link up well up front.

The team above can fluidly move in to 4132, 4321, 442 or 4411 formation depending on WHU.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielding

Brayford OB Shackell Roberts

Hendrick Bryson Maguire

Cywka Priskin Ward

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 high tempo close down in the opposition half.. Maguire playing a little further forward infront of Bryson and Hendrick..

Fine 1 weeks wages to every player who when a team mate recieves the ball there aren't at least 2 players showing for the ball and are within 7-10 metres of the player with the ball..

Fine a further 1 weeks wages to any player who passes without looking up or just oofs it to anyone..

Fine a further 1 weeks wages to any player who has the ball at their feet for more than 4 seconds

Fine a further 1 weeks wages to any player disagrees with my decisions

Fielding

Brayford OB Shackell Roberts

Hendrick Bryson Maguire

Cywka Priskin Ward

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 high tempo close down in the opposition half.. Maguire playing a little further forward infront of Bryson and Hendrick..

Fine 1 weeks wages to every player who when a team mate recieves the ball there aren't at least 2 players showing for the ball and are within 7-10 metres of the player with the ball..

Fine a further 1 weeks wages to any player who passes without looking up or just oofs it to anyone..

Fine a further 1 weeks wages to any player who has the ball at their feet for more than 4 seconds

Fine a further 1 weeks wages to any player disagrees with my decisions

Missed one - fine one weeks wages if they score a goal in the last 10 minutes which costs us the points lol.

One further added

Two weeks bonuses if we score a goal in last 10 minutes which gives us a draw or a win

LOL

Missed one - fine one weeks wages if they score a goal in the last 10 minutes which costs us the points lol.

One further added

Two weeks bonuses if we score a goal in last 10 minutes which gives us a draw or a win

LOL

Yeh I missed those ones!

I wouldn't give them a bonus for winning though, I'd install it in them to make out it's normal..

I'd then fine a further weeks wages to those who don't believe we can go out and win (from the start or in the last 10 mins) and shy away from the ball..

I'd only demand a few things rom my players.. That they'd always attempt to win, play the game the right way, believe in themselves and ther team mates at all costs and that they always play with a smile on their face as being a footballer is a gift.

Maguire isnt a centre mid.

Putting Cywka AND Maguire in? Both very lazy players.

Maguire would be a little further than a CM.. More attcking than the others and wouldn't be left to do much defensive work (like an Iniesta/Otzil role)

And Cywka and Maguire are only lazy when you pump 50 yard balls into the corner and expect them to chase it like a dog.. Play the ball to feet and you will see if a different player

-----------------------Fielding---------------------------

Brayford------Shackell----Leacock-----Roberts

----------------Green---------Hendrick-------------

B.Davies-----------Bryson---------------Ward

-----------------------Priskin--------------------------

Subs:

Legdzins,

Barker,

Cywka,

Witham,

Bennet.

Reasons:

Normal line-up, if Priskin hadn't been in there i'd have had Cywka on the AMR as Ben Davies has had no-one to cross to in recent games, now that Priskin is available he'll be useful oncemore. Can't expect someone who lieks to cross the ball to excell when we've got a side of short forwards upfront. (Robinson isn't small but he's even worse than the short guys at heading) Bennet on for the last ten minutes, pace is needed away from home.

Leacock looks fit enough to me, i'm not prepared to risk Barker for one game, one more almost full behind the scenes game for him and then i'd introduce him. I still like Leacock, and while I do agree that he has no future at the club, this could both spark some life into him and find him a new club in the process. People forget that he was at times better than Barker last season, (In fairness Barker was playing while not match-fit and injured at times last season, but still), he's a good defender. O'Brien is looking jaded and needs some time on the sidelines with his injury so he'd be in the squad to travel but would only do some light training.

No Maguire as his lack of effort rules him completely out. I'm not sure if it's his style or whatever but he needs to seriously looking at changing his attitude/playing style. Cywka on the bench and introduced for twenty minutes in attacking midfield, bit of trickery and a boot up his backside before he goes out should do the trick. Witham deserves a chance atleast with the squad and ten minutes for someone in midfield. I'm impressed with him, I thought he looked intriguing (not in YR terms) last season in the youth team. Green is fit enough to manage going on 70 minutes, get Witham on for him as late as you can leave it without Green injuring himself through exhaustion.

Play it on the floor, play direct and try to get the ball into Priskin from the right-hand side. Tell Ward to run at the defence and try to get behind them. Bryson can work for 90 minutes, Hendrick can play the ball about like Savage used to and Green can battle away in the middle. I wouldn't expect to get anything from the match but you might aswell give it a go, try and atleast grab a goal and work from there.

Seems like a plan.

Archived