Budding managers (championship mananger question)

RotherhamRam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deeney

Croft Leacock Buxton Roberts

Cywka Doyle Kilbane Martin

Maguire Ball

Now being serious Im amazed Kilbane hasnt had a go in the middle of midfield, when I saw him for Huddlesfield even though it was the league below he looked good there. Especially as Hendrick has been struggling with form and his expericence may come in handy

Deeney

Croft Leacock Buxton Roberts

Cywka Doyle Kilbane Martin

Maguire Ball

Now being serious Im amazed Kilbane hasnt had a go in the middle of midfield, when I saw him for Huddlesfield even though it was the league below he looked good there. Especially as Hendrick has been struggling with form and his expericence may come in handy

I am so glad you picked a strong team lol, unfortunately Deeney injured so can't be picked forgot him off the list

I am so glad you picked a strong team lol, unfortunately Deeney injured so can't be picked forgot him off the list

Oh I will have to go for our Adam in goal then.

Right as West Ham play 433 and hit lots of long balls I think we need plenty he height at the back so Roberts out

Fielding

Brayford Barker Shacknall Kilbane

Davies Hendrick Bryson Green Ward

Ball

If Riggs is fitter than Barker I would start him instead.

Sadly we dont have that many options. I was thinking of leaving Hendrick out and playing Roberts at full back and Kilbane in midfield.

Fielding

Brayford

Barker

Shackell

Roberts

Green

Hendrick

Bryson

Ward

Martin

Cyfca

Subs Ledgkins, Riggott, Kilbane, Ball, Doyle

Reason: 42121 Need to shore up leaky defence - 5 in midfield. I am aware I have left B Davies out. Good corners, otherwise a luxury, imo.

From looking at this so far with the restrictions in the team at present due to injuries and poor form. I have noted that pretty much everyone has gone to starting Green and Barker and risking a breakdown of their injuries. This is fair enough as the results at present are poor and little option elsewhere within the squad to change it around. We have all noted that strikers is an area low but most I have noted seemed to overlook Cywka and Maguire (either both of them or one of the two) although some may have defended these two in the other threads. The formation is different in most posts as well.

Although we have criticised the team, Clough and the Board over recent weeks. I set this thread up to see how we would manage West Ham differently and how strong a team we could get out. I would say it has proven difficult in respect of considering match fitness, form, availability and who we are playing on Saturday and their strengths. This is using the information we have at hand and no doubt there are other factors we are not aware off.

Keep posting teams please and formation etc. No doubt somewhere along the line a formation will appear that may be the strongest team at our disposal in a formation that works for them. Until Saturday tho we will never know if it works or not. The beauty of being a manager or a fan lol.

I like to call this our B team.

Bywater

Brayford, Barker, Buxton,

B, davies, Bryson, Bailey, Bueno,

Bennett, Ball

3-4-2 formation we only need ten men.

by the by, the B team is bloody ********, behave before the board bans bulletins by boys becoming bothersome. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Legzdins

Brayford Barker Leacock Naylor

Green

Davies Bryson Hendrick Ward

Ball

Subs: Fielding, Riggott, Cwyka, Maguire, Croft

Fielding has been out of form since his sending off, so I've replaced him with Legzdins, who did a fantastic job in his absence. I've put Green in an Anchor Man role so he can use his experience in attempting to intercept passing moves and win back/retain possession. I've re-introduced Leacock because of Barkers fitness, we need some pace at CB and he would provide that. Given the poor form of both Roberts and Kilbane, I feel Naylor should start.

As far as the tactics, I would sit back, get behind the ball and try to contain them. Then him them on the break when their defence has pushed up too far and left their final third too exposed, Davies and Ward on the wings would provide a constant threat and hopefully Ball can provide a prominent aerial threat.

Roberts has been our best defender in our recent games, doesn't say much but past 4-5 games or so been twice the player of both Shackell and O'Brien!

I think O'Brien is tired though, it is his first proper run in the first-team, after all. As for Roberts, I think he is barely good enough for this level, League One is his level, IMO.

......................Fielding..........

Brayford....Barker...... Shackell...... Roberts

..................Hendrick....Kilbane........

.....Bavies..........Bryson............ Ward

.........................Priskin...........

Green eased in for Kilbane

Cywka for B.Davies when we're looking like getting lots of possession.

Maguire for Ward when the game is won

I'd wrap Bailey in cotton wool. Mint player..... But useless most the time. Get fit!!!!

Archived