Reserves win

Subman

The Reserves won 5-0 at Rotherham today.

Callam Ball picked up a hatrick, Doyle got two. Barker and Green both played 75+ mins, Riggot got 85+mins. We finished with 10 men, of Balls goals, two were free kicks.

Guess the question is do we start Sat with Ball and Doyle? It was only Rotherham reserves.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes you might be right I remember Witham's goal was a beauty in the first half. Don't know where I got the hatrick then.

Legzdins

Naylor(RD,) Barker, Riggot, Buxton (LB)

Croft(RM) Witham, Green, Martin(LM)

Ball & Doyle

Cole on for Doyle

Leacock on for Barker

Hughes for Green

Riggot wanted a sit down after 85mins and just walked off LOL.

The Reserves won 5-0 at Rotherham today.

Callam Ball picked up a hatrick, Doyle got two. Barker and Green both played 75+ mins, Riggot got 85+mins. We finished with 10 men, of Balls goals, two were free kicks.

Guess the question is do we start Sat with Ball and Doyle? It was only Rotherham reserves.

I dont think Ball got a hat trick unless he looks like Alex Witham. It was a men against boys match to be honest. I thought Tom Naylor and Lee Croft were the pick of the bunch.

Callum Ball's free kick was a cracking goal as was Alex Withams 25 yard strike, he's one for the future to watch.

Lot's of possitives from this match though, even though it was a touch cold towards the end of the game.

Barks and Riggy were solid at the back, even Buxton looked okay. Green bossed midfield in the first half and Alex Witham played some delightfull through balls and showed lots of class. Callum Ball held the ball up well and certainly his free kick was a joy to watch. Alex Withams goal was stunning. Crofty ran his socks off on the right wing, Martin found plenty of space on the left wing but struggled to make his crosses tell.

Deano came on for a jog later in the match and stood in well for Barks. Barker and Riggy looked as good as Shacks and OB have all season.

Rotherham had a blend of youngsters and first teamers, similar to ourselves if you compare things really.

I had a tour of their new ground before the match and caught up with their top brass. Pringle has been poor since his move and needs to graft harder in training word has it, otherwise it's more time on the bench.

No mention of Callum Balls amazing double hat trick, with his celebration featuring a naked run to the corner flag and then pole dancing.

Obviously, one goal was ruled out for being "too good for the reserves"

Boycie, I've told you already it wasn't a double, it was a triple hatrick, well that's what I witnessed. Infact thinking about it, in my mind every time Mr Ball touched the big round leather thingy, it was a goal.

Did anyone get a photo of Callam Balls naked run to the corner flag? I need a new poster above my bed.

No mention of Callum Balls amazing double hat trick, with his celebration featuring a naked run to the corner flag and then pole dancing.

Obviously, one goal was ruled out for being "too good for the reserves"

I saw that celebration, I know it was cold but i was surprised at how small it was.

The attendance that is.

Archived