Harry Redknapp

MrsRam

Won't take long to find another club. Strange sacking tho, guess summart has gone on with his contract expiring.

Levy offered him a new contract when the England job came around to either tie harry down or to get more compo from the fa , Redknapp refused to sign it ,, all went tits up from there , didnt get champions league football ,, so now Levy is probably thinking ok you didnt want the contract ,,, your not having it

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental! From relegation candidates to top four challengers! still not good enough?

They are all mad!

I hate when people say this, Spurs was never relegation candidates, they had a bad start under ramos who was sacked, and replace by harry that finished respectably and went from there.

It's a similar situation to when people say Keane took Sunderland from relegation dead certs to promotion within the first season, they were bottom after 4? games, he came in spent big in the SUMMER transfer window, not to mention the January transfer window to add and with the money they spent rightfully got promoted, which they did.

He has done a good job with spurs, but to ever say spurs were relegation candidates is just daft, under Jol they two top 5 finishes, and ramos took them on a little blip, still finished mid-table well away from any danger and then, made a bad start which then Harry took over.

He has done a good, respectable job with Tottenham, far from irreplaceable though... much better managers out there, who could perhaps take Spurs onto the next step.

Football Jokes@FootballFunnys

Harry Redknapp handed in his letter of resignation last week. It's taken the Spurs board this long to work out what it said

Joking aside - why would they not want him as their manager. Praps it's the fact he would have left them for the England job?

Harry Redknapp will reportedly be paid £3,000,000 in compensation by Tottenham, which after tax will equate to approximately £3,000,000.

Chairman Daniel Levy commented, "This is not a decision the Board and I have taken lightly. Harry arrived at the Club at a time when his experience and approach was exactly what was needed. This decision in no way detracts from the excellent work Harry has done during his time with the Club and I should like to thank him for his achievements and contribution. Harry will always be welcome at the Lane."

Harry said, "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Spurs and am proud of my achievements. I have had a fantastic four years with the Club, at times the football has been breathtaking. I am sad to be leaving but wish to thank the players, staff and fans for their terrific support during my time there."

Makes me wonder if Redknapp tried to back Levy into a corner by leaking various 'rumours' to the press - I suspect he was after a nice pay rise and a guarantee of loads of wonga to spend in the transfer market. Don't think he expected Levy to call his bluff and show him the door.

I hate when people say this, Spurs was never relegation candidates, they had a bad start under ramos who was sacked, and replace by harry that finished respectably and went from there.

It's a similar situation to when people say Keane took Sunderland from relegation dead certs to promotion within the first season, they were bottom after 4? games, he came in spent big in the SUMMER transfer window, not to mention the January transfer window to add and with the money they spent rightfully got promoted, which they did.

He has done a good job with spurs, but to ever say spurs were relegation candidates is just daft, under Jol they two top 5 finishes, and ramos took them on a little blip, still finished mid-table well away from any danger and then, made a bad start which then Harry took over.

He has done a good, respectable job with Tottenham, far from irreplaceable though... much better managers out there, who could perhaps take Spurs onto the next step.

Ok... Still in my opinion he has done a cracking job and they may make an equally succesful appointment.

Still in my opinion they are daft to let him go and we will have to wait and see which camp is correct.

Archived