Clough, keep the faith son.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardest month ?

Of our 14 games this season, we've played 11 of the bottom 12 and only 3 of the top half..

Seems we've got our 'hard' games coming up.. Well 8 of the next 9 games are against top half teams..

However anyone can beat anyone in this league so IMO they're all easy (or hard) whichever way you look at it..

I'll keep reserve though, our record last season against bottom half teams kept us up while our record against the top half was atrocious, if we're top 10 by the 23 game mark I'll have hopes we can repeat that and around top half come May.

In Oct, if that's what the poster is on about,we won one game out of five, taking 5 Pt's from 15.

Just saved from it being a disastrous month with a win against the worst away side in the league, on current form.

I said wait with the contract, and still think we should have , lets see what we do up to the window, if we have NO loans in.

In Oct, if that's what the poster is on about,we won one game out of five, taking 5 Pt's from 15.

Just saved from it being a disastrous month with a win against the worst away side in the league, on current form.

I said wait with the contract, and still think we should have , lets see what we do up to the window, if we have NO loans in.

what's that I can hear in the background??

Is that Smiffy and Bris moving, neigh scraping the goalposts AGAIN....

I find this really irritating. All they keep doing is saying can't judge us yet, judge us then, can't judge that, wait till this....

Judge off.

I'm well pleased with this. I'm sure there was a whole thread devoted to how hard this group of 6 games were going to be. Leicester, Southampton, Middlesborough, Reading, Portsmouth and Cardiff. At the time they certainly looked like a worrying lot. The general consensus in the thread was that if we could still be in the playoffs after that little lot, then that's a pretty reasonable bench mark for the season.

If we can get a win on Wednesday, then 8 points from that group of games would be a pretty good achievement. And whether it is or isn't, simply still being in the playoffs, whether you put that down to teams around us having crap results, or us having great results, is something worth celebrating.

But 5 games ago, we had no idea the injury crisis was going to get even worse. With injuries like this, I'm actually very proud that we can still continue to compete in the top 6, and go toe to toe with some of the better teams in the league. I can't think of many teams that would have weathered the storm so well.

Of our 14 games this season, we've played 11 of the bottom 12 and only 3 of the top half..

That's quite interesting when you look at it. But put it another way. We've beaten an awful lot of those. The league is so tight that if we'd have lost those games, we'd be in the bottom half, and some of these teams would be in the top...

Okay, just Blackpool and Reading would be in the top half. And we still wouldn't be in the bottom half if we'd lost those games. There's a point in there somewhere though.

You can only beat who's put in front of you. That'll do.

It's worth remembering the difference between top half and bottom half teams in this division is small.

IMO it doesn't matter who we're playing or where they are. Any team can get stuck in bad runs and good runs. If we can get a run of results we can go on and beat anyone. Bad runs- lose to anyone.

I worry less about the opponents and pay more attention to the form guide. It's usually THAT close.

Leicester should be miles ahead. Yet they too seem to be caught in the trend. Struggling to put wins together, looking beatable.

I think it's appalling that so many of the teams we have played are below us in the table.

Oh - hang on - THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE 5th.

One of the reasons these teams are below us is because we have beaten them.

Doncaster

Portsmouth

Birmingham (many people's tip for promotion)

Millwall

Watford

Forest (did anyone REALLY think they'd be struggling this season)

Blackpool (another tip for promotion)

I wonder if other clubs have 'fans' that complain about winning.

I wonder if other clubs have ****** as fans who think that just because we are 5th we can't possibly have any doubts or opinions on things we can improve as a club..

No-one is perfect in this league, especially us, so why can't we possibly comment on things to improve or how perhaps we aren't as dominant as some would like.

We're not Barcelona.. We can improve, we can have doubts, we can comment.

Bore off with your '5th in the league and still complaining remarks'

I think it's appalling that so many of the teams we have played are below us in the table.

Oh - hang on - THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE 5th.

One of the reasons these teams are below us is because we have beaten them.

Doncaster

Portsmouth

Birmingham (many people's tip for promotion)

Millwall

Watford

Forest (did anyone REALLY think they'd be struggling this season)

Blackpool (another tip for promotion)

I wonder if other clubs have 'fans' that complain about winning.

They're fans alright. But they're certainly not supporters.

But not everyone's complaining about the winning, I think some are just trying to be realistic. I agree we're probably a little higher than where we should really be but until we start our tough run of fixtures, we're the 5th best team in the league.

I have noticed though that many of the fans that bemoan our reliance on loans are now criticising the management for (you've guessed it) not bringing in anyone on loan.

I wonder if other clubs have ****** as fans who think that just because we are 5th we can't possibly have any doubts or opinions on things we can improve as a club..

No-one is perfect in this league, especially us, so why can't we possibly comment on things to improve or how perhaps we aren't as dominant as some would like.

We're not Barcelona.. We can improve, we can have doubts, we can comment.

Bore off with your '5th in the league and still complaining remarks'

But how many comments and on how many different threads? I'd start to have a word with myself if so many people were telling me to give over.

Bris - you'd have us full of flair players ready to take on themselves in their own box, nutmegging the centre forward on the penalty spot at one nil up in the last minute.

I used to think you might have played at a decent level - then I read how you think the game should be played. You're not a realist mate. This is proper football, none of that south american nancy boy league stuff here.

Sit back, relax, occasionally get p'd off but for gods sakes try to enjoy where we are at the minute. It doesnt get MUCH better than this at Derby.

But how many comments and on how many different threads? I'd start to have a word with myself if so many people were telling me to give over.

Bris - you'd have us full of flair players ready to take on themselves in their own box, nutmegging the centre forward on the penalty spot at one nil up in the last minute.

I used to think you might have played at a decent level - then I read how you think the game should be played. You're not a realist mate. This is proper football, none of that south american nancy boy league stuff here.

Sit back, relax, occasionally get p'd off but for gods sakes try to enjoy where we are at the minute. It doesnt get MUCH better than this at Derby.

What do you mean it doesn't get much better than this at Derby? Are you serious? Weren't you around during the George Burley and Billy Davies era? They were only 5 or 6 years ago?

I certainly wouldn't have my defenders trying nutmegs inside their own box, being a defender myself, I use to launch a tirade of abuse at my CMs if none of them ever showed for the ball..

The way I see football played is whenever someone has the ball at the feet, wherever on the pitch, there should be at least 2 players showing the ball within a 10 metre radius if not less.. If not, then clearly they're out of position or hiding.. This advocates possession football, I find it embarassing when Roberts has the ball for example, and our CMs are so far away or Ward is running up the line rather than topwards the ball.. Exepect the usual hoooooooof...

Anyway we're well off topic.. This team is good, but I can surely expect more? surely..

What do you mean it doesn't get much better than this at Derby? Are you serious? Weren't you around during the George Burley and Billy Davies era? They were only 5 or 6 years ago?

I certainly wouldn't have my defenders trying nutmegs inside their own box, being a defender myself, I use to launch a tirade of abuse at my CMs if none of them ever showed for the ball..

The way I see football played is whenever someone has the ball at the feet, wherever on the pitch, there should be at least 2 players showing the ball within a 10 metre circumference.. If not, then clearly they're out of position or hiding.. This advocates possession football, I find it embarassing when Roberts has the ball for example, and our CMs are so far away or Ward is running up the line rather than topwards the ball.. Exepect the usual hoooooooof...

Anyway we're well off topic.. This team is good, but I can surely expect more? surely..

Being a full back, you can knock an 80 yard ball without it being a hoof Bris. (or at least I could) Some of our play has been direct, but what do you expect when we've got pace to burn up front?

There's a time and a place to play and i think it's telling that we don't concede too many late careless goals this year. Don't fanny about with the ball.

I've also seen some brilliant football in patches and believe that most of the backroom staff are advocates of two touch, counter attacking, fast flowing football. I think we're very close to having that already.

Can you expect more? of course you can, but how do you know we don't already have it at the club? We're fifth with a half a team.

Archived