Does anyone like watching Leeds Utd?

Bris Vegas

Just a general question, because of the 14 NPC games played so far Leeds Utd have been on sky 7 times..

Against Southampton, Brum, Cardiff, Brighton, Doncaster, Peterborough, West Ham

Oh and their next 3 games are all at different hours than the rest of the league

Wednesday - Leeds vs Blackpool 8pm

Sunday - Leicester vs Leeds 3pm

Saturday - Burnley vs Leeds 12.45pm

Any chance of these being on sky too? You betcha!

Are they getting more money for this? It's becoming a joke

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite what people might like to think, leeds and west ham (both horrible clubs) are on TV all the time because they are the ones that generate the most interest from the neutral fan.

I actually dont mind watching them to be honest, and would much rather they are on TV than us.

Despite what people might like to think, leeds and west ham (both horrible clubs) are on TV all the time because they are the ones that generate the most interest from the neutral fan.

I actually dont mind watching them to be honest, and would much rather they are on TV than us.

They've also got more arm chair fans who will tune in, which I would imagine is a bigger reason

Leeds away, 1974/75 or 75/76. Must be one of them because Frannie Lee scored the winner for us late in the second half.

We were on an early train to Derby from Utch and got the Trent bus from the bus station to Leeds. Us lot were between 15 and 18 years old and settled on the back of the bus with our cans of McEwans Bitter and Long Life Lager!

Some older lads soon shifted us from the back seat but we let them off as they looked a bit hard with their feather cuts and denim jackets. The journey was surreal with about 45 out the 50 on there smoking and drinking, hanging out the windows and pissing in empty bottles. It stank, piss was flowing under the seats yet there was an old couple, right in the middle, eating sandwiches!

Arrived in a compound with loads of other Trent buses parked up and hundreds of Derby fans milling about, waiting for mates and stuff until a large group of Leeds fans appeared across the road, giving it the, "your gonna get your fookin heads kicked in", chants.

Half a dozen coppers looked on with disinterest as bottles and bricks stared flying back and forth until the old couple off our bus, walking up the road in their Derby scarves and hats, were getting abuse and threats from the cowardly yorkshire scum. We charged past the police and chased the leeds off up Elland Road. At first it was great, we were singing our hearts out less than 200 yards from the ground, hardly any police about then, suddenly we were under attack. It was a mental moment where boots and fists were flying until the police waded in with truncheons.

In all the confusion we ended up going through a turnstile and into a terrace with the Geldard End to our right. Most Derby were in a fenced terrace toward the other end and we realised we was in with the Leeds fans.

There was only half a dozen of us so we kept shtum and mingled toward the front where it was mainly older men and kids and watched the game in a strange mixture of apprehension of getting beat up and the thrill of being able to brag to our mates that we had been in the “leeds” end.

The game was full of incident but no goals until Frannie poked one in, I was biting my lip trying to control myself but one of our lot, to our horror, jumped up and down like a demented dervish.

Punches rained down on us and we had no choice but to try and fight our way out of the packed terracing. We made it to the nearest exit and somehow got out fairly intact apart from a couple of black eyes and fat lips and my Ben Sherman shirt ripped, the ********!

We strolled up the side of the ground, (toward where the Bremner statue is now), with the object of jibbing back into the ground as the main gates had opened, like they did then with 15 minutes or so to go, only to hear a roar behind us and turned to see hundreds of denim clad hooligans, with Leeds scarves round their necks and wrists, charging at us.

We ran straight past the away fans entrance to the ground and scarpered for our lives down Elland Road and towards our bus park. Why we did'nt just run into the away end I'll never know!

We were about a 100 yards in front of the chasing horde but as we approached the gates to the bus compound we found the gates were locked and an old chap says “sorry lads, can't open them for another 10 minutes”...jeesus christ, the Leeds mob were 50 yards away and we legged it once again across a main road not having a clue where we were headed.

Somehow we managed to give them the slip as we ended up walking through a housing estate and started to double back to try and find our bus.

After 10minutes or so we began to see football fans so we blended in and managed to get back to the main road at the bottom of Elland Road without attracting any attention.

Just then we saw a line of Trent buses stuck in traffic and jogged up the road towards them only to see them under bombardment from the Leeds mob. We kept moving along the road quietly looking for a chance to try and board when we spotted our bus. One of the lads on it had seen us and had opened the emergency exit and was frantically beckoning us to it. Leeds were at the front and side of the bus and we sneaked to the road side near the back and a couple were on before we got spotted.

We made it, but a Leeds youth had the door and the bus was stationary in traffic. They sensed blood but could only attempt to climb up one a time so we kept them at bay with our ox-blood polished Docs.

A few windows got put through but we eventually drove away unscathed and sang all the way back to Derby.

Not been too fond of them ever since.

Good days though! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

They're always on the box. Twice in the first week.

They'll be on itv in the FA Cup too.

Everyone in television has an erection for them. Itv embarrass themselves when covering their games.

Media United make me a hate Millwall less.

'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall'

They're always on the box. Twice in the first week.

They'll be on itv in the FA Cup too.

Everyone in television has an erection for them. Itv embarrass themselves when covering their games.

Media United make me a hate Millwall less.

'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall'

Did you watch the Leeds v Arsenal replay last year?

They were getting played off the park by a reserve team, but ITV said they were "maginficent"!

Did you watch the Leeds v Arsenal replay last year?

They were getting played off the park by a reserve team, but ITV said they were "maginficent"!

I can imagine.

I watched Spurs v Leeds last year/year before.

ITV Commentator "LEEDS,LEEDS, LEEDS ARE AT IT AGAIN!!"

"Just what will that mean to these incredible fans who've suffered long hard seasons since the glorious nights in europe"

I'm sure the commentator was suffering an erection.

Leeds away, 1974/75 or 75/76. Must be one of them because Frannie Lee scored the winner for us late in the second half.

We were on an early train to Derby from Utch and got the Trent bus from the bus station to Leeds. Us lot were between 15 and 18 years old and settled on the back of the bus with our cans of McEwans Bitter and Long Life Lager!

Some older lads soon shifted us from the back seat but we let them off as they looked a bit hard with their feather cuts and denim jackets. The journey was surreal with about 45 out the 50 on there smoking and drinking, hanging out the windows and pissing in empty bottles. It stank, piss was flowing under the seats yet there was an old couple, right in the middle, eating sandwiches!

Arrived in a compound with loads of other Trent buses parked up and hundreds of Derby fans milling about, waiting for mates and stuff until a large group of Leeds fans appeared across the road, giving it the, "your gonna get your fookin heads kicked in", chants.

Half a dozen coppers looked on with disinterest as bottles and bricks stared flying back and forth until the old couple off our bus, walking up the road in their Derby scarves and hats, were getting abuse and threats from the cowardly yorkshire scum. We charged past the police and chased the leeds off up Elland Road. At first it was great, we were singing our hearts out less than 200 yards from the ground, hardly any police about then, suddenly we were under attack. It was a mental moment where boots and fists were flying until the police waded in with truncheons.

In all the confusion we ended up going through a turnstile and into a terrace with the Geldard End to our right. Most Derby were in a fenced terrace toward the other end and we realised we was in with the Leeds fans.

There was only half a dozen of us so we kept shtum and mingled toward the front where it was mainly older men and kids and watched the game in a strange mixture of apprehension of getting beat up and the thrill of being able to brag to our mates that we had been in the “leeds” end.

The game was full of incident but no goals until Frannie poked one in, I was biting my lip trying to control myself but one of our lot, to our horror, jumped up and down like a demented dervish.

Punches rained down on us and we had no choice but to try and fight our way out of the packed terracing. We made it to the nearest exit and somehow got out fairly intact apart from a couple of black eyes and fat lips and my Ben Sherman shirt ripped, the ********!

We strolled up the side of the ground, (toward where the Bremner statue is now), with the object of jibbing back into the ground as the main gates had opened, like they did then with 15 minutes or so to go, only to hear a roar behind us and turned to see hundreds of denim clad hooligans, with Leeds scarves round their necks and wrists, charging at us.

We ran straight past the away fans entrance to the ground and scarpered for our lives down Elland Road and towards our bus park. Why we did'nt just run into the away end I'll never know!

We were about a 100 yards in front of the chasing horde but as we approached the gates to the bus compound we found the gates were locked and an old chap says “sorry lads, can't open them for another 10 minutes”...jeesus christ, the Leeds mob were 50 yards away and we legged it once again across a main road not having a clue where we were headed.

Somehow we managed to give them the slip as we ended up walking through a housing estate and started to double back to try and find our bus.

After 10minutes or so we began to see football fans so we blended in and managed to get back to the main road at the bottom of Elland Road without attracting any attention.

Just then we saw a line of Trent buses stuck in traffic and jogged up the road towards them only to see them under bombardment from the Leeds mob. We kept moving along the road quietly looking for a chance to try and board when we spotted our bus. One of the lads on it had seen us and had opened the emergency exit and was frantically beckoning us to it. Leeds were at the front and side of the bus and we sneaked to the road side near the back and a couple were on before we got spotted.

We made it, but a Leeds youth had the door and the bus was stationary in traffic. They sensed blood but could only attempt to climb up one a time so we kept them at bay with our ox-blood polished Docs.

A few windows got put through but we eventually drove away unscathed and sang all the way back to Derby.

Not been too fond of them ever since.

Good days though! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It was the 74/75 championship season Uttox.We [four of us had travelled up by car] were leaving and trying to turn right at a set of lights,but the traffic coming from the left kept blocking the junction.We were pretty pi**ed off by the time 20 minutes had passed and there were five coppers standing having a mothers meeting at the lights.One of our 'mates' wound down the window and shouted at the coppers.'Why don't you do your fooking job and stop the bloody traffic? We want to get home tonight' I swear from that day to this the copper told a huge group of Leedscum that we were there for the taking.We had 3 broken side windows ,no windscreen wipers,and the trim ripped off our mate's Wolsley 1500 along with door panels kicked in .We had no chance to get out of the car [although perhaps we were lucky that we didn't] .The only person not to get any injury was the driver,the rest of us had cuts,bruises and one broken wrist.He waited until the lights changed [i still laugh at that now] stuck our nose out roared down the outside and turned right! I looked down and my shirt was covered in blood, my first though was that I must have been stabbed.It was small slivers of glass which had stuck into me and blood had oozed from dozens of small cuts caused by the shattered glass.I was quite cocky about it until 24 hours later and the shakes started.I had a three year old boy and I did wonder what might have happened if we hadn't got away.As for them being on the TV a lot just look who they've got for a chairman.......

And people ask me why I hate Leeds!!

Archived