Paul Green recovery

AndyB

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say he was not given a squad number due to the seriousness of the injury or the suspected injury. Lets be fair when he was injured it was believed he would be out for 6-9 months

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Blow-Green-faces-lengthy-time/story-11650328-detail/story.html

This would mean the earliest it was planned he would be back to training would have been between December and March. Therefore potentially out for the season. Look at Bodde at Swansea rushed back and did the same knee again and was out for another season.

I don't think there is anything sinister in not giving him a number, more like a message saying get yourself right and don't rush back. Lets be honest he has done fantastically well and if he was not in the long future plans of Clough he would not be coming back in November and he would not be as motivated to complete the hard work he has obviously done over the last 4 months to be even in contention of playing in November.

This is a further example of the treatment team at Derby as Steve Davies was also back quicker than expected and he too has enjoyed the longest run in a Derby shirt injury free

I would say he was not given a squad number due to the seriousness of the injury or the suspected injury. Lets be fair when he was injured it was believed he would be out for 6-9 months

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Blow-Green-faces-lengthy-time/story-11650328-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

This would mean the earliest it was planned he would be back to training would have been between December and March. Therefore potentially out for the season. Look at Bodde at Swansea rushed back and did the same knee again and was out for another season.

I don't think there is anything sinister in not giving him a number, more like a message saying get yourself right and don't rush back. Lets be honest he has done fantastically well and if he was not in the long future plans of Clough he would not be coming back in November and he would not be as motivated to complete the hard work he has obviously done over the last 4 months to be even in contention of playing in November.

This is a further example of the treatment team at Derby as Steve Davies was also back quicker than expected and he too has enjoyed the longest run in a Derby shirt injury free

Haha, for a club that's had as many injuries as ours in recent years i dont think you're in much of a position to be w*nking off the medical team.

Haha, for a club that's had as many injuries as ours in recent years i dont think you're in much of a position to be w*nking off the medical team.

Come on EKR, you should know by now Rotherham only does positivity.. He's hardly going to turn around and admit that there might be a slight chance something/anything about Derby isn't the best in the business..

I also read someone the other day say that there isn't anyone out there who could have done a better job than NC.. Technically, that means NC is the best out there, better than Pep and Jose Mourinho..

Of Paul Green, I rate him, he was decent when played as an attacking midfielder.. He was even leading our assists.. Then genius put him at RB then DM.. Hope Clough doesn't do that again, he could actually be somewhat near that creative midfielder we lack.

I like Paul Green.

Green, Bryson, Bailey and Hendrick will be a nice selection headache to have.

I'd be tempted with a 100% fit Green and Bryson combo....."ahhh you fool but what Hendrick!!?"...and to you I say....slowly, slowly catchy monkey .

Come on EKR, you should know by now Rotherham only does positivity.. He's hardly going to turn around and admit that there might be a slight chance something/anything about Derby isn't the best in the business..

I also read someone the other day say that there isn't anyone out there who could have done a better job than NC.. Technically, that means NC is the best out there, better than Pep and Jose Mourinho..

Of Paul Green, I rate him, he was decent when played as an attacking midfielder.. He was even leading our assists.. Then genius put him at RB then DM.. Hope Clough doesn't do that again, he could actually be somewhat near that creative midfielder we lack.

There is no way you can call Green a creative midfielder, he is a box to box player in a 4-4-2 with his high workrate and energy levels. He struggled the last 2 years as he hasn't the skill and creativity to be an attacking midfielder consistently or be a wide player and his passing was too erratic to play the Savage role as an advanced defender. He could play in the current system or as an extra midfielder against the better teams like Leicester.

I don't think though he is as good a player as Bryson and certainly Hendrick, who is on another level in terms of all round midfield ability.

There is no way you can call Green a creative midfielder, he is a box to box player in a 4-4-2 with his high workrate and energy levels. He struggled the last 2 years as he hasn't the skill and creativity to be an attacking midfielder consistently or be a wide player and his passing was too erratic to play the Savage role as an advanced defender. He could play in the current system or as an extra midfielder against the better teams like Leicester.

I don't think though he is as good a player as Bryson and certainly Hendrick, who is on another level in terms of all round midfield ability.

I thought Hendrick was poo poo pants last Saturday. Not that others weren't, but I don't think he's on 'another level' - maybe in terms of ability, but not current performances. They're all doing well.

Why? He creates goals, he was top for our team for assists last season, hence a creative midfielder, he may not do it with fair, but he creates goals.

I hear what you are saying Huck, but by that criteria (# of assists) would you consider Ben Davies as a creative midfielder? I imagine a creative midfielder to be a central player who sits there pulling all the strings, I don't see Green doing that, Bryson, a developed Hendrick and Bailey perhaps. I agree he created a lot in our golden spell last season, but he was surrounded by creativity in that team

Why? He creates goals, he was top for our team for assists last season, hence a creative midfielder, he may not do it with fair, but he creates goals.

There's a difference between creating a goal and being creative.

Crossing a ball or passing to a striker isn't particularly creative, it's just basic stuff, which Paul Green is very good at. Creativity more often than not the pass before the assist or the pass before the pass for the assist - the kind of player that opens up play and gets the team's play going by a killer pass. That's a Bueno or a David Silva, not a Paul Green or a Gareth Barry.

Archived