Paul Green recovery

AndyB

Is anyone bothered about seeing him in a derby shirt again honestly?

Yes, I am. There's a lot of variation in how fans rate him but I think must of us agree he's not a particularly bad player. Why would you not want him around as an extra body?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a difference between creating a goal and being creative.

Crossing a ball or passing to a striker isn't particularly creative, it's just basic stuff, which Paul Green is very good at. Creativity more often than not the pass before the assist or the pass before the pass for the assist - the kind of player that opens up play and gets the team's play going by a killer pass. That's a Bueno or a David Silva, not a Paul Green or a Gareth Barry.

Think me and thee have different views on creative midfielders, see I see Silva and Bueno as flair players

Come on EKR, you should know by now Rotherham only does positivity.. He's hardly going to turn around and admit that there might be a slight chance something/anything about Derby isn't the best in the business..

I also read someone the other day say that there isn't anyone out there who could have done a better job than NC.. Technically, that means NC is the best out there, better than Pep and Jose Mourinho..

Of Paul Green, I rate him, he was decent when played as an attacking midfielder.. He was even leading our assists.. Then genius put him at RB then DM.. Hope Clough doesn't do that again, he could actually be somewhat near that creative midfielder we lack.

I don't know Bris I can be quite negative when it comes to you as you spout nothing but carp and only tend to come on here to moan. Least I can praise Clough and the team when they deserve it not like some. I can also say when they are carp. However I refuse to say that Clough and the team are carp after Leicester it is one game. I went to the Barnsley game where we completely dominated, where was your comments then.

Me and you will probably never agree on anything as all you can do is be negative. You come on here spouting that you know everything about Derby and list their faults, you don't comment on their positives. Apart from Leicester and arguably Coventry (where a poor decision gifted them a game) they have never given in against teams and still look likely to get back into a game and/or win it.

All I was saying was that the medical team are getting players back fit sooner and they remain fit, something that we have not had under Billie Davies and Jewell. When you have a squad which is still short in depth then this important.

Green is player that can play RB as he did a number of times for Doncaster and is good for cover and the word cover is important as this means will not always play there. I would play him in the attacking three as a link between Bryson/bailey or Hendrick.

rotherhamram you are very positive, i am not sure i have ever seen a post from you which says we are in trouble, even last year when it was panic stations. You and bris have different takes on things and different though processes, both of which must be respected. I think it is good to have green back when he comes back, will be good back up and can do a good job. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

rotherhamram you are very positive, i am not sure i have ever seen a post from you which says we are in trouble, even last year when it was panic stations. You and bris have different takes on things and different though processes, both of which must be respected. I think it is good to have green back when he comes back, will be good back up and can do a good job. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Only a few of you were in that mode YR! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Only a few of you were in that mode YR! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

not a few 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />, a number of polls on this forum showed at least half wanted clough to go to save us from the prospect of league 1, we were perilously close to the trapdoor and were lucky the standard was so poor we were saved by some late performances and by the awful teams below us.

Rubbish, there was never a real danger of us going down.

Short term panic merchants the lot of you.

You only after to look at snideshownob's posts to understand how many wum's were on the forums. They're a bit quieter so far!

I would say it is rubbish to say there wasn't a danger of us going down, at several points we were 4 points off with the 22nd placed team having a game in hand etc, i wasn't a short term panic merchant, and there were serious tangible concerns which were valid in my opinion. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Poeple are forgetting we also have Bailey. I can't see green being here next season, he would be 4th choice and one of the bigger earners in the squad. For me he had a great first 6 months but then never showed much after and it's no surprise we have improved in midfield now he isn't involved

Well i am not all that bothered tbh dont rate him but thats only my opinion and as we know opinions are like arse holes everyones got one!

I do rate him, but I know your not the only who doesn't rate him, whole of Ireland for a start! There does seem to be a 50 50 of people who rate him or not.

Archived