Last six matches.

Stimacked

Last 6 games

Despite our awesome start to the season, and our deserved current position of 3rd.

We are down in 17th place in the current form league. Still, I think we have done incredibly well when you consider we have not had the likes of Barker or Tyson (and for a few recent games Bailey) all would be key players in the 16. We have been relying on two untried youngsters, Hendrik and O’brien, Ben Davies assists and Steve Davies goals up front.

Think we are something like Watford of last season. Nobody expected us to be among the leading pack going into this international break, let alone the previous one. Ultimately a lack of experienced players cost Watford last season and they nosedived to finish 14th in the end.

This is the form guide table

1 Hull WWWDDW goals 7 – 3 Pts 14

2 Ipswich WLWDWW goals 9-4 Pts 13

3 Fester WDWDDW goals 9-4 pts 12

4 West Ham WWDWLD goals 11-7 pts 11

5 Lxxds DLWWDW goals 12-10 pts 11

6 Saints LWWDLW goals 15-9 pts 10

7 Burnley WLLDWW goals 10-7 pts 10

8 Middlesboro DWWDDD goals 4-1 pts 10

9 Blackpool DWWLDW goals 11-5 pts 9

10 Cardiff DWDDWL goals 7-5 pts 9

11 Brum LDWLDW goals 11-8 pts 8

12 Barnsley DDDDDW goals 6-4 pts 8

13 Reading LLWDWD goals 6-6 pts 8

14 Watford DWDLWL goals 7-9 pts 8

15 Donny DLLWDW goals 5-7 pts 8

16 Brighton WWLDLL goals 8-10 pts 7

17 RAMS LLWWDL goals 7-10 pts 7

18 Coventry DWLDDL goals 6-9 pts 6

19 Peterboro LLWLWL goals 5-8 pts 6

20 Palace DLLLWD goals 8-9 pts 5

21 Pompey DLLWLL goals 7-10 pts 4

22 Florist LLLWLL goals 7-17 pts 3

23 Bristol DLLDLL goals 5-13 pts 2

24 Millwall DLDLLL goals 1-9 pts 2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more concerned with the next 5 games, we have some tough games coming up.

0-4 Leicester City

(H) Southampton

(A) Reading

(A) Middlesbrough

(H) Portsmouth

(H) Cardiff

You say 7pts is poor, but if we are looking at the 'last 6 games' after this point, I think I'd take 7pts now quite readily, We need 3/4pts from those final two home games, and hope to pick something up in the others.

People say no team is unbeatable in this league, but the reality is there are now 3 or 4 teams who can only beat each other when they're on top of their game. Teams like Leicester and West Ham - if they don't go up, it will purely be down to the fact they didn't click often enough.

If anyone truly believes that any of the other 22 teams in this league would have beaten Leicester with them playing like that then I think they fail to grasp how many streets away they are from us. West Ham are the only side with the players to do it.

Cardiff will be similar. They're no where near as good as Leicester but they've just got so much to them.

We're significantly better than last year and if any team is not on it when we play them, including Leicester, we will beat them providing we've got the fitness. Our game relies so much on high pressure and a high line, and that's very difficult to do 3 times in 7 days as the last few minutes at the King Prawn Stadium proved.

With that in mind, in the next 5 games I think we'll take 1 commanding victory, 2 moderately comfortable wins, one draw, and a baffling defeat in which we'll get the usual threads on here. And there's absolutely no point matching the results to the fixtures.

With that in mind, in the next 5 games I think we'll take 1 commanding victory, 2 moderately comfortable wins, one draw, and a baffling defeat in which we'll get the usual threads on here. And there's absolutely no point matching the results to the fixtures.

My prediction / hope would be slightly more conservative 1 commanding win, 1 mod win one draw where we should have won, one dull 0-0 and a narrow loss.

8-9 points would be a good return, again a week in football is a long time, injuries coming back and happrning, maybe a shock loan.

People say no team is unbeatable in this league, but the reality is there are now 3 or 4 teams who can only beat each other when they're on top of their game. Teams like Leicester and West Ham - if they don't go up, it will purely be down to the fact they didn't click often enough.

If anyone truly believes that any of the other 22 teams in this league would have beaten Leicester with them playing like that then I think they fail to grasp how many streets away they are from us. West Ham are the only side with the players to do it.

Cardiff will be similar. They're no where near as good as Leicester but they've just got so much to them.

We're significantly better than last year and if any team is not on it when we play them, including Leicester, we will beat them providing we've got the fitness. Our game relies so much on high pressure and a high line, and that's very difficult to do 3 times in 7 days as the last few minutes at the King Prawn Stadium proved.

The rabbit doth talk sense 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived