Miles Addison Progress?

p.shilton

I'ma 1 upfront kinda guy.

So in a 5 man midfield you could find a use for him next to Bailey/Bryson/Hendrick. Providing he's slightly more mobile than a 3 bedroom detatched townhouse.

In a 4 man midfield? He'd have to lose 6st have a good first touch and be twice the speed.

I agree with Smiffy in short. Use him to protect the CB's. Then give the ball to Bailey and Co.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was poor last year.

Having said that, he was good before that. I liked him playing in midfield, he breaks the play up and if nothing else, he would be good to have in the squad, at least. I'm not saying I'd swap him for anyone, but it only takes injuries, or a dip in form like last season, to warrant a change in personnel.

He fits the Clough mould of grafter. In Bryson, Bailey and Hendrick we've got footballers, someone who will break up the play would be welcome in the squad, in my opinion.

I don't think this central midfielder we apparently need so much is that urgent at all. I'd rather keep what we've got, dip in to the emergency loan if it's absolutely necessary, and then bring Addison back and get him in the squad.

Ive put before I was told pre season that he isnt in the long term plans at all at the moment by the same person who said we were going back to 442 and cloughs way of playing at burton. They dont rate him according to this member of the coaching staff, they dont think he is a good enough footballer to play in midfield and dont think he is a natural defender.

• 1 month later...

He's still not making the bench for Barnsley which kind of defies the logic of him being at Barnsley - he might as well be here as we have more to gain from his development than them seeing as he just signed a new contract. Also we could use him right now - I accept that he has Riggott, Anderson, OB, Barks and Shacks are ahead of him at CB and Bailey, Green, Bryson, Hendrick in CM but given 4 of those are out, 1 is playing at RB as cover and always seems close to an injury and another is apparently taking a pain-killing injection to play (is that really the right thing for a 19 year old?, surely would not risk it if he could do further damage?) would he not be a good option on the bench?

He is more of a CB than Kilbane and would benefit from being alongside Shackell who could basically tell him what to do. Barnsley would probably be happy to see him out especially if they are paying any sort of money for him - we could re-negotiate, save them some cash, get defensive cover and try and do a deal for Butterfield at the same time (OK the last bit is unlikely but he is out of contract this year I think)

If he isn't playing because he is injured ignore all of the above.

Sorry if there is another thread somewhere but I can't see it.

Just wondering if anyone knows how Miles is getting on? Is he playing regularly, is he fit, what do their fans think of him etc? Cheers

Spoke to a Barnsley fan at the weekend who seemed to talk sense and he said the general opinion is that he was not really given a proper chance. He said that he started off very well, had a couple of bad games, and found himself out of the team and has been unable to break back in.

I am sure we are paying part of his wage and that there is a non-recall clause but even if he is only costing them a bit it would still be money that could be used elsewhere if they really have no plans to play him, maybe get in a loan player they did want...most things can be re-negotiated if it suits both parties.

I am sure we are paying part of his wage and that there is a non-recall clause but even if he is only costing them a bit it would still be money that could be used elsewhere if they really have no plans to play him, maybe get in a loan player they did want...most things can be re-negotiated if it suits both parties.

I see what you are saying, but look at this way, you need depth in your squad and that what he is providing for them, also on the cheap.

not creative defensive, again defensive midfield you can get away with it.

Not really the area you want to be losing possession due to bad control though. Also his passing is pants. I personally think he is overrated and think we have better options all over now.

Nobody else can win the ball though. Tbh, i'd rather see us bring someone else entirely. But while he's ours and he can do something no other midfielder can, think he can be used.

Never in a 442 though. He needs to do what he's built for. Protecting CB's, blocking shots, winning headers, winning 50/50s.

Ask him to do anything more and he looks a bit Sunday League.

Nobody else can win the ball though. Tbh, i'd rather see us bring someone else entirely. But while he's ours and he can do something no other midfielder can, think he can be used.

Never in a 442 though. He needs to do what he's built for. Protecting CB's, blocking shots, winning headers, winning 50/50s.

Ask him to do anything more and he looks a bit Sunday League.

Why do you need someone who is just a big lump, Hendrick is doing fine protecting the back 4 for me. He reads the game well and can put his foot in, as can bailey. You dont need to play a giant in there.

Why do you need someone who is just a big lump, Hendrick is doing fine protecting the back 4 for me. He reads the game well and can put his foot in, as can bailey. You dont need to play a giant in there.

I agree, but purely for strength in depth, he'd be great to have back. He can play centre half, infront of the back four, or in midfield.

Not sure what's happened to him. He was really good a couple of years back.

I never thought Addison was that good to b honest and he isnt a midfield player in my eyes. He could be a centre half in the Darren Moore mould but thats it. He came in and had a good start battling away in a bad team who just hit long balls but he isnt very talented for me. He isnt any better than Pablo Mills etc where and its no suprise to me to see him not involved here or at Barsnley. I have put before on here I was told by one of the coaching staff he wasnt in the first team plans. he also told me we would play Cloughs way, 442 and more like his side at Burton which has also turned out to be true.

I never thought Addison was that good to b honest and he isnt a midfield player in my eyes. He could be a centre half in the Darren Moore mould but thats it. He came in and had a good start battling away in a bad team who just hit long balls but he isnt very talented for me. He isnt any better than Pablo Mills etc where and its no suprise to me to see him not involved here or at Barsnley. I have put before on here I was told by one of the coaching staff he wasnt in the first team plans. he also told me we would play Cloughs way, 442 and more like his side at Burton which has also turned out to be true.

When he came back from injury his touch and passing were worse than useless. I don't mean to be harsh but good players, fit or otherwise, don't drop to the level I saw.

I don't think he is first team but if we lose Hendrick or OB (who is already injured) what have we got? Kilbane? Lee Croft? Doyle? it is sometimes a useful thing to have a player like that on the bench to just come in late in a game if under pressure and he plays the 2 positions we are shortest. If he was playing at Barnsley I wouldn't raise it but I think with the current set of injuries he would make the bench if he was here (imo) - he is doing nothing at Barnsley and he must be costing them something - I know they count the pennies at Derby these days - just seemed to be an obvious and cheap option - when Barks and Bailey etc come back then we try and get him out again. As ever with these things though we can speculate as much as we like - it ain't gonna happen.

Archived