Team spirit

TooFarInToTurnRed

The current team seems to have the best togetherness of any I've seen in my 20 plus years folowing the Rams. They work for each other, talk to each other and seem to trust each other.

Two incidents of note from last two games. After Hendrick missed header last week Ward and Robinson were straight over to pick him up and after Stevie Davies missed yesterday Robinson was again straight over to help him up out the net. This epitomises what a great bunch of lads we have at the moment.

Long may it continue!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current team seems to have the best togetherness of any I've seen in my 20 plus years folowing the Rams. They work for each other, talk to each other and seem to trust each other.

Two incidents of note from last two games. After Hendrick missed header last week Ward and Robinson were straight over to pick him up and after Stevie Davies missed yesterday Robinson was again straight over to help him up out the net. This epitomises what a great bunch of lads we have at the moment.

Long may it continue!

It's the most together team I've seen since the '96 promotion winning side. Everything - twitter, interviews, behaviour on the pitch - suggests they'd die for each other (in footballing terms!).

Long may it continue!

Lots of things are key to why we have done well so far but this is one of them.

It is noticeably better than last season.

It's the most together team I've seen since the '96 promotion winning side. Everything - twitter, interviews, behaviour on the pitch - suggests they'd die for each other (in footballing terms!).

Agreed with Twitter, you see the banter etc on there, they always at each others houses or go out like they went to the races the other month.

I suspect Forest under BD have had similar esprit de corps in spells over the last couple of seasons. Chelsea under Mourinho is another that springs to mind - look how they under-achieved as a group of players subsequently.

Mourinho is a good one. Chelski were excellent when he was there...how anyone could have got on with BD though is beyond me. Now as a fan yeah, but actually knowing the guy, cmon that guy was a knob

Mourinho is a good one. Chelski were excellent when he was there...how anyone could have got on with BD though is beyond me. Now as a fan yeah, but actually knowing the guy, cmon that guy was a knob

Absolutely - but somehow BD got 2 teams (us and Forest) that he essentially inherited the majority of to turn their results and form around....at least to an extent. I don't know him personally, but he does seem an unappetising character.

Are you suggesting Savage? Bywater?

As much I love Sav I'd say he was probably the cause. Can't question his heart and commitment to us but he did tend to have a go at some of the players on the pitch if they made a mistake. Some of the younger lads must have found his ego a little overpowering.

It's a young team and confidence is key to our success or failure. When one of the lads makes an error then the players (and us fans!) need to support and encourage them.

As much I love Sav I'd say he was probably the cause. Can't question his heart and commitment to us but he did tend to have a go at some of the players on the pitch if they made a mistake. Some of the younger lads must have found his ego a little overpowering.

It's a young team and confidence is key to our success or failure. When one of the lads makes an error then the players (and us fans!) need to support and encourage them.

I agree with this. We've got no egos in the team now. No one chasing media fame, no one tweeting about the manager, no one money chasing. Just a squad of total grafters.

I know some are saying the football is not as attractive as last season but lets look at it a different way the starting line up of

Legs eleven (can't spell his name sorry), Brayford, O'Brien, Shackell, Roberts, Hendrick, Bryson, Ward, Ben Davies, Theo and Davies.

The first game of last season the only two players in that starting 11 to that off yesterday is Brayford and Roberts.

Ward, Ben Davies, Ward, Theo came in on loan/brought for the last 3-4 months in a team which was struggling and although they appeared not to have had a major impact the fact we stopped up and seeing how we are doing at present, maybe their impact was helped us to stop up. Steve Davies was injured until the last few months of last season so in a way is like a new player as he has had his longest run in the side since being here.

That means 9 players who were not in Derbys team at the beginning of last season. 9 players have come in this summer and the fact that they have great team spirit means that they have been able to get off too a good start. They are still learning to play with each other and develop as a team. Just think with every game they are getting to know each other and will get better and better and with the confidence and the never say never attitude this will hopefully be quicker. Whilst this run continues I can only see the team getting better and better.

Take for example yesterday we scored 2 goals in the first half I don't think we would have scored last year. Ben Davies set pieces were way off the mark yet he carried on going got MOM but more importantly got two assists. The first one he battled to get the ball back and cut it to Bryson who was powering into the box who calmly side footed it to the other side of the net. Ben Davies again drove in through the right and cut it back to Hendricks who was waiting. The fact Ben Davies did not get it right at set pieces his head never went down and carried on going, wathcing a player who left for Celtic mentioning no names his head would have gone down. All of the midfield tackle and put pressure on.

Shackell is immense and OB is learning very quickly from him and is suring up the defence. Last year the midfield could not play because of the keeper not helping defence out and the uncertainty puts pressure on the defence which in turns means midfield has to stop playing their game and help them out more than they should, when they did not the goals were conceded.

This year you are seeing each department doing their job well and linking together. Although at times the football may not be great there is not a long ball ethos and it is still played around look at the third goal yesterday nice slick quick passing from left to right of the field and back agiain into Setve Davies.

The fact this team has come a long way so fast and that is also down to the players spirits and the back room staff attitude and motivation has led to this fantastic start. The team spirit in the team in my opinion is better than any team we have had for a long time because not many Derby teams would have gone 1-0 down at the scum in the first minute and go onto win the game like they did because it was no fluke and the best team won.

The football will get better as they get to know each other more and more. Top 10 well within our sights this year.

I know some are saying the football is not as attractive as last season but lets look at it a different way the starting line up of

Legs eleven (can't spell his name sorry), Brayford, O'Brien, Shackell, Roberts, Hendrick, Bryson, Ward, Ben Davies, Theo and Davies.

The first game of last season the only two players in that starting 11 to that off yesterday is Brayford and Roberts.

Ward, Ben Davies, Ward, Theo came in on loan/brought for the last 3-4 months in a team which was struggling and although they appeared not to have had a major impact the fact we stopped up and seeing how we are doing at present, maybe their impact was helped us to stop up. Steve Davies was injured until the last few months of last season so in a way is like a new player as he has had his longest run in the side since being here.

That means 9 players who were not in Derbys team at the beginning of last season. 9 players have come in this summer and the fact that they have great team spirit means that they have been able to get off too a good start. They are still learning to play with each other and develop as a team. Just think with every game they are getting to know each other and will get better and better and with the confidence and the never say never attitude this will hopefully be quicker. Whilst this run continues I can only see the team getting better and better.

Take for example yesterday we scored 2 goals in the first half I don't think we would have scored last year. Ben Davies set pieces were way off the mark yet he carried on going got MOM but more importantly got two assists. The first one he battled to get the ball back and cut it to Bryson who was powering into the box who calmly side footed it to the other side of the net. Ben Davies again drove in through the right and cut it back to Hendricks who was waiting. The fact Ben Davies did not get it right at set pieces his head never went down and carried on going, wathcing a player who left for Celtic mentioning no names his head would have gone down. All of the midfield tackle and put pressure on.

Shackell is immense and OB is learning very quickly from him and is suring up the defence. Last year the midfield could not play because of the keeper not helping defence out and the uncertainty puts pressure on the defence which in turns means midfield has to stop playing their game and help them out more than they should, when they did not the goals were conceded.

This year you are seeing each department doing their job well and linking together. Although at times the football may not be great there is not a long ball ethos and it is still played around look at the third goal yesterday nice slick quick passing from left to right of the field and back agiain into Setve Davies.

The fact this team has come a long way so fast and that is also down to the players spirits and the back room staff attitude and motivation has led to this fantastic start. The team spirit in the team in my opinion is better than any team we have had for a long time because not many Derby teams would have gone 1-0 down at the scum in the first minute and go onto win the game like they did because it was no fluke and the best team won.

The football will get better as they get to know each other more and more. Top 10 well within our sights this year.

Excited? I've bin excited for tuesdays game since full time yesterday, haha

Excited? I've bin excited for tuesdays game since full time yesterday, haha

I really am excited I coach U8 and have done for the last two seasons, most of them are Barnsley fans and have ripped the pish out of me for last two season when we play them. I would love to go to training Thursday and see them all quiet. Every season I have a bet with them I have to pay £10 if we lose to them and £5 if we draw to the club. This season there are about ten of them and if we win should be nice pay day for the club and a change of me putting my hand in the pocket.

I am going another good result of 3-1.

COME ON YOU RAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMS

I really am excited I coach U8 and have done for the last two seasons, most of them are Barnsley fans and have ripped the pish out of me for last two season when we play them. I would love to go to training Thursday and see them all quiet. Every season I have a bet with them I have to pay £10 if we lose to them and £5 if we draw to the club. This season there are about ten of them and if we win should be nice pay day for the club and a change of me putting my hand in the pocket.

I am going another good result of 3-1.

COME ON YOU RAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMS

Tuesday can't come quick enough if you ask me. And I love mid-week games just with the flood lights and all, I've always felt these kinds of late games have more atmosphere. Plus the drive home to Liverpool and going into service stations showin off my shirt to all the florest fans returning home from an away defeat at burnley 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Up the Rams!

Archived