New Forum - But I'm confused, help!

Day

How do I view unread posts?

Click on "View New Content" at the top right of the site, in there you will see tons of options making it easier to search the forum.

How do I post pictures?

Easy, click on the little picture icon with a tree under the smilie icon, enter the URL of the picture.

How do I embed YouTube videos?

just copy and paste the link into your post, the magic happens after you submit your post.

When I copy and paste from another site it looks messed up in my post?

Instead of CTRL + V or right click and paste, click on the middle brown icon at the top right of the editor, this will strip all the nastyness and make your post look neat and tidy.

When I hover over the threads a little down icon arrow shows, what does that do?

Click it, don't be scared, it's a topic preview saving you from opening the thread.

What are the stars next to thread titles?

Threads you have posted in.

How do I send PM's?

Hover over the username you wish to send one two, after a couple of seconds a pop up box will appear, click "send message"

Notification manager

At the top right of the site you will see an envelope and icon with a bald dude/dudette. The envelope is your private messages, the other icon is your notifications. You can choose what you want to be notified about and how by clicking the icon and clicking options.

Ok but where is my control panel?

Click on your username at the top right and you will see all your options.

How do I mark all forums read?

Right at the bottom of the site, bottom left "mark community read"

When I view on my mobile it all looks funny?

That's called a mobile skin, optimized for faster browsing, you can switch to the desktop theme by clicking "change theme" at the bottom.

Is this forum any good tho?

It's the best on the market, only the best will do for our members

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been asked this a couple of times so thought I'd post it up.

How do I go to the first unread post?

Clicking on a thread title from the home page will take you to the first unread post.

Inside a forum or the view new content link, click on the little circle with the grey background to the left of the thread title, this will take you to the first unread post.

If you click on a thread title by accident, you can click on "go to first unread post" next to the "Post to this topic" button at the top.

Very much like Foxestalk.

Nice upgrade, Looks great.

Just need to figure out how to change my pic.

It's the next version up from Foxes Talk. Picture looks great but if you want to change just click on it, then on your profile page top left of the avatar click change.

Archived