Billy Davies's Command Centre

Day

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
West Brom had a better team than us, anyone who disagrees with that is an idiot. Over the whole season though we deserved to go up more, doesn't mean we were a better team than them.

HOW did they have a better team than us..? Because they were better at losing games than us? Because they were better at not gaining as many points as us? Because they were better at not scoring a goal at Wembley than us?

Of course they didn't have a better team than us....if they had, the would have finished above us in the league...

I go back to my favorite, and factful statement....the best team ALWAYS wins the league...the worst team ALWAYS finishes bottom....and we finished above West Brom...8 points above them might i add.. so, I think your idiot statement is exactly that..

Last month Davies turned his dining room into a command centre and holed up for TWO DAYS with his backroom staff as they drew up meticulous plans.

Can't help but think.... surely being in a room full of men for 48 hours makes you gay?

'Holed Up' is surely a euphemism.

Last month Davies turned his dining room into a command centre and holed up for TWO DAYS with his backroom staff as they drew up meticulous plans.

Can't help but think.... surely being in a room full of men for 48 hours makes you gay?

'Holed Up' is surely a euphemism.

I wonder if Tommy Sheridan showed up?

intelligent and insightful as usual.

You only hate him because he went to Froest...pathetic.

What has West Brom being better than us got anything to do with whether I like Billy or not? I don't mind him, he's a good championship manager, but nothing more. Would I want him back? No. Do I hate him? No. Why would I hate a guy that won us £100 million with a pile of poo.

Why would I either bother to have any sort of intelligent or insightful debate with you? Despite what you believe, your opinions are not facts, they are opinions. Deal with it.

What has West Brom being better than us got anything to do with whether I like Billy or not? I don't mind him, he's a good championship manager, but nothing more. Would I want him back? No. Do I hate him? No. Why would I hate a guy that won us £100 million with a pile of poo.

Why would I either bother to have any sort of intelligent or insightful debate with you? Despite what you believe, your opinions are not facts, they are opinions. Deal with it.

Nope, they are facts. We were better than West Brom, absolute 100% fact.

What an odd article, presumabely written by a mate so he can be linked with the first available job in the Championship. Who says something like "With regards to my own reputation, as my lawyer Jim Price keeps telling me, I'm not here to be liked - I'm here to win games."

Whoever does get him next them will do well. For a while anyway. Regardless what you think of him, around the Xmas of the first season we were awesome. Things started to wrong with the winter purchases and by the end of the season we were looking clueless. We got past Saints by whacking danger man Bale, then played like we had done earlier in the season by beating a WBA team who were probably better on paper.

Davies then did his 'I might not be here next season' chat, which I'm sure was pretty well supported at the time by fans. But by the time he had gone, I think most fans were in agreement. I've had mates who support other clubs say how harsh it was that he got the boot, but at the time, it was just awful. I know he 'only' had 10 million but 6.5 of that was wasted on Earnshaw and Claude. That was about what we needed for Kenwyne Jones. Then there was Eddie Lewis!

After he went, I remember him laughing on Sky Sports about how it was impossible to do any good when going up via the playoffs. Although Hull, Burnely and Blackpool faired slightly better than out dire points total.

From that Xmas promotion season until Jewell went, we saw so many poor, highly paid players come to the club. Sensible, sustainable re-building is in order and that is what we've got.

people can say what they like about Billy Davies, but ...he's a great bloke isn't he. Lovely fella.

lovely lovely wee little fella.....always smiling....alway's having the craich....with his funny stories.....and his golfing.....and his....

eh?

what?

who am I thinking of then?

ah yes....of course

I was thinking of that little Ronnie Corbett fella.

sorry.......I always get them two muddled up.

Read again what he thinks a managers role is.

No wonder he gets in ****. Doesn't know his place. From his own mouth.

"I'm a tracksuit manager"

Yeah, course you are duck. Anyone can see that just looking at you.:D

I think WBA played better than us on the day but they didn't deserve to go up. We did.

Over 46 games we got more points than them. We did it the ugly way. But we did it. It wasn't an easy job. Those players weren't the best squad in the league, but Billy organised and inspired them to play in a way that served the purpose

When we got to the PL our players weren't able to compete, not with all the organisation and planning in the world.

But for that 1 promotion season we did what was required. We edged through. We fell the right side of all the fine lines.

I think we deserved to go up. WBA played better at wembley, but we were better over 46 games and we took our chance even after being under so much pressure.

No way were we equipped for the PL. Evidently.

It's a cup final.

Where wimbledon a better team than liverpool in the FA cup win in the 80's?

Derby finished comfortably higher than West brom in our promotion session and beat them at Wembley. Liverpool finished higher in the league than Wimbledon but lost in the final.

You may have an argument over Wimbledon but what more can Derby have done to convince you? They beat them at Wembley playing the style of football that got them above West brom in the league.

Why are we still having this discussion? :cool:

we were better than west brom that season, we were more resilient and davies worked a minor miracle that year, he didn't exactly fail at preston, he over achieved for a club of that size, he did well here until the premiership campaign but 10 million to stay in the league was nothing and he failed at forest with the money spent, he is a good manager for this level no denying that. But he is a c*nt and someone who will leave in a puff of smoke and thinks the universe is centered around his enormous head.

I think some people are arguing about if we deserved to go up and some about if we deserved to beat WBA in the final.

Deserve to go up.- yes, for me, the reasoning I posted above

Deserve to win the final - not sure. We finished well clear of them but on the day.....:confused:

Oh, I hate the deluded self important tosspot

I liked this bit;

Another public embarrassment involved The One Show. Carole Thatcher, daughter of the former prime minister, was axed as a roving reporter for the early evening TV show after she compared a black tennis player at the Australian Open to the "golliwog" on the old Robertson's jam pots.

Yes, because THAT was always going to go down well! :rolleyes:

Archived