Rams plan Clough talks

davenportram

If you think Kilbane's performances have been acceptable this season you have not been to any matches or you are showing blind faith. Roberts should be in the team because he is a better left-back, he can at least still run. I have never told anybody what to think I have just put things on that the ones with blind faith don't want to see.

I've been to every home game, and carling cup, (but I want to forget) and Kevin has had bad games and better games.

Pipe down.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been to every home game, and carling cup, (but I want to forget) and Kevin has had bad games and better games.

Pipe down.

He's dung, if he was a young player playing as he did in the Shrewsbury and Burnley games he wouldn't be seen near the first team ever again, as he is experienced and sure to be on big money he keeps been picked, well the team would be better without him.

Is that piped down enough for you!!

In respect of that question Paul Jewell and Billy Davis. They advised the Yanks who had no experience of football who to buy. They proved that they knew as much about football and players as a chocolate fire guard.

Guess what in respect of only one player leaving it was again Billy Davis and Jewell that has ultimately led to this not Glick or Clough (except for a one yr extension as there was little option to do owt else with injuries and no money). They signed the 3 players that are on way out is Bywater, Pearson and Leacock.

Same old carp again again and again. Who can we blame for not meeting fanns expectations. How about fans becoming realistic. Enjoy when times are good like and instead finding negative look at positives. When times are bad moan but still support the team. The fact people are dropping off saying they have had enough with everything that is fair enough. I have supported Derby since 1986. I don't care if they win lose or draw, I would be devesatated if relegated, excited if we went up but I would still support Derby through thick and thin. If I can afford a season ticket would have one if they were in the conference I don't care.

The Board has done ONE THING right and this is they have stuck with the manager and thank god for that. Stability with in the club is starting to show.

Well that's a great get-out isn't it?

They shouldn't be blamed for the last 5 years because they haven't got a clue what they're doing. Nice.

In case you didn't notice most are still supporting the team, although that's dwindling year on year, and who can blame them.

They're supporting the manager, well done to them, they don't really have a clue what makes a good manager anyway, even you admit that.

BTW, FwIw I've supported us since 1969 and I DO care if we win lose or draw, and I DO care when we're getting beat by Crawley et al.

And if you hadn't noticed, Clough also signed Pearson and Bywater, in fact a year ago he was telling us Bywater was one of the best keepers in the country, and the love-in with Pearson has been frankly embarrassing as virtually every fan realised years ago what Clough has suddenly decided, he's nowhere near good enough.

Yes we've had a good start, but it's 4 games in 3 years of mostly dross, hardly time to be putting him forward for the England job.

He's dung, if he was a young player playing as he did in the Shrewsbury and Burnley games he wouldn't be seen near the first team ever again, as he is experienced and sure to be on big money he keeps been picked, well the team would be better without him.

Ay up!

Brayford was equally as ***** against Shrewsbury,

Gerunder.

were the extensions for Leacock, Bywater, Pearson out of want or necessity? At the time did Clough have the money to buy replacements of better quality?

I think it came down to a choice of having to extend or not have enough players capable of good enough performances to keep us up.

Clough then has to come out and praise the players to keep them interested - is it coincidence that once rumours started about Fielding coming back he started criticising Bywater (2 mistakes cost us against Ipswich).

Bryson has started well, Hendrick and Bailey also doing well and Pearson suddenly hardly gets a mention.

Leacock got an extension when we didnt have a lot of fit CB's.

were the extensions for Leacock, Bywater, Pearson out of want or necessity? At the time did Clough have the money to buy replacements of better quality?

I think it came down to a choice of having to extend or not have enough players capable of good enough performances to keep us up.

Clough then has to come out and praise the players to keep them interested - is it coincidence that once rumours started about Fielding coming back he started criticising Bywater (2 mistakes cost us against Ipswich).

Bryson has started well, Hendrick and Bailey also doing well and Pearson suddenly hardly gets a mention.

Leacock got an extension when we didnt have a lot of fit CB's.

Well if you are signing guys on long contracts with big wages then you need to be pretty sure you want them long-term. We are now stuck with 3 of them quite likely for the whole season which if so will cost in the region of 1.5 million, more money down the drain as they are pretty unlikely to play. No wonder we lose so much money with this level of financial acumen

You would expect them all to hang on unless we make a generous pay off offer as there is not a cat in hells chance anybody else will offer them a similar contact oh maybe not do you think Nigel has rung Paul Jewell at Ipswich he is daft enough.

Could Pearson not do a job at left-back!!!!

Well if you are signing guys on long contracts with big wages then you need to be pretty sure you want them long-term. We are now stuck with 3 of them quite likely for the whole season which if so will cost in the region of 1.5 million, more money down the drain as they are pretty unlikely to play. No wonder we lose so much money with this level of financial acumen

You would expect them all to hang on unless we make a generous pay off offer as there is not a cat in hells chance anybody else will offer them a similar contact oh maybe not do you think Nigel has rung Paul Jewell at Ipswich he is daft enough.

Could Pearson not do a job at left-back!!!!

It was Jewell that signed them, Clough had to extend them. cant really blame Cough for that.

They shouldn't be blamed for the last 5 years because they haven't got a clue what they're doing. Nice.

In case you didn't notice most are still supporting the team, although that's dwindling year on year, and who can blame them.

They're supporting the manager, well done to them, they don't really have a clue what makes a good manager anyway, even you admit that.

BTW, FwIw I've supported us since 1969 and I DO care if we win lose or draw, and I DO care when we're getting beat by Crawley et al.

And if you hadn't noticed, Clough also signed Pearson and Bywater, in fact a year ago he was telling us Bywater was one of the best keepers in the country, and the love-in with Pearson has been frankly embarrassing as virtually every fan realised years ago what Clough has suddenly decided, he's nowhere near good enough.

Yes we've had a good start, but it's 4 games in 3 years of mostly dross, hardly time to be putting him forward for the England job.

You are not getting what I meant it is not a get out 2 managers before Clough were crap in the transfer market brought crap and spent lloads on wages on big contracts. Now when did u last hear of a footballer sacked for being carp - never. They spent the money they have recouped the money not all the money they wanted and have not spent it like some fans want.

Lets look at other clubs who have done the same Newcastle £35million for Carol what have they spent

Arsneal £35m received for Fabregas and £25 million for Nasri and god knows how much saved on wages what did they spen £4 mill on south korean striker and £10 on arteta.

Money has dropped out of football look at number of fans at games and look at empty seats people are not going.

The money is not there and when it is there Clough spends it well

Where do you sit out of interest as I too have been to every home game and you are no where near the mark. We have a defence at present which has conceeded 3 in 5 games that is 0.6 per game. Last year we had an average of 2 a game. There is the keeper and 4 defenders who are key to this including kilbane and he is better than Roberts hence he starts

Can I point out this comment was beginning of the 2009/10 season http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/69

This was an attempt to lift him. At the end of that season he looked at signing Fielding not as replacement, I would suggest Bywater not happy as this would be a direct challenge to his shirt. He sulked and faked injury etc and is a ***** he let Clough the players and the fans down with his titty lip being out.

You are not getting what I meant it is not a get out 2 managers before Clough were crap in the transfer market brought crap and spent lloads on wages on big contracts. Now when did u last hear of a footballer sacked for being carp - never. They spent the money they have recouped the money not all the money they wanted and have not spent it like some fans want.

Lets look at other clubs who have done the same Newcastle £35million for Carol what have they spent

Arsneal £35m received for Fabregas and £25 million for Nasri and god knows how much saved on wages what did they spen £4 mill on south korean striker and £10 on arteta.

Money has dropped out of football look at number of fans at games and look at empty seats people are not going.

The money is not there and when it is there Clough spends it well

Proof? We've wasted a **** load under him aswell..

But I'm guessing your expectations of Derby are far different to mine, you seem easily pleased..

if you want good buys chck out Coppells record for Reading..

Sidwell free - 5mill sold

Kitson 200k - 5mill sold

Sonko 200k - 5mill sold

Doyle 80k - 6mill sold

Hunt 250k - 5mill sold

Long free - 6mill sold

Now write up Cloughs 'good' list please and lets compare..

But I'm guessing your expectations of Derby are far different to mine, you seem easily pleased..

Kitson 200k - 5mill sold

Sonko 200k - 5mill sold

Doyle 80k - 6mill sold

Hunt 250k - 5mill sold

Long free - 6mill sold

Not worth arguing with RR, he'll never admit that Clough has a single flaw and has done a perfect job in every way since he's been here.

Where do you sit out of interest as I too have been to every home game and you are no where near the mark. We have a defence at present which has conceeded 3 in 5 games that is 0.6 per game. Last year we had an average of 2 a game. There is the keeper and 4 defenders who are key to this including kilbane and he is better than Roberts hence he starts

We are playing 7 defenders at home that's why we haven't conceded many, we are having to play the left midfielder at left-back because the guy supposed to be playing left-back can't run. Roberts is not perfect but at least he can play orthodox left-back and then let the left midfielder actually play midfield. When we have had to play in a more attacking way against Shrewsbury and Burnley after conceding first we could have let in 5 or 6 easily and 90% of the danger has come from that left hand side.

We are playing 7 defenders at home that's why we haven't conceded many, we are having to play the left midfielder at left-back because the guy supposed to be playing left-back can't run. Roberts is not perfect but at least he can play orthodox left-back and then let the left midfielder actually play midfield. When we have had to play in a more attacking way against Shrewsbury and Burnley after conceding first we could have let in 5 or 6 easily and 90% of the danger has come from that left hand side.

Seriously mate, what the f*ck are you rattling on about?

Erm...the fact we play a back 4, with the two side midfielders bums touching our full backs drawstrings on the front of their shorts..

And a defensive midifelder (at least 1) wedged in between OB and Shackell.

That makes 7 dunnit?

It's not all bad though....Kilbane is a doubt.

I'd like to think it's because he's not injured, but viewed as a worry to our defensive record.

Kitson 200k - 5mill sold

Sonko 200k - 5mill sold

Doyle 80k - 6mill sold

Hunt 250k - 5mill sold

Long free - 6mill sold

Im not a clough fan, but comparing him against Steve copell is ludicrous.

For a start you talking about his time at reading, he left there 3 years ago, the signings you talk about had how long at the club before he sold them??! What is to say that we won't sell brayford for 20 million, Bailey for 10, croft for 5 and robinison for 2 bags of sugar in 1/2 or 5 years time.

He had also managed many other clubs before getting the above players for next to nothing and moving them on for big money, why not look at all of his signings during the first two years of each club and how many he sold for big bucks within the first 2 years??

Oh and then there is emerse fae, a club record signing for reading at 2.5m, played 8 games for them before falling out of favour with the club and being sold for peanuts.

Archived