Rams plan Clough talks

davenportram

I'ts called good management he must have known we needed a cover left-back ever since Moxey left. You know what would have happened Kilbane's agent will have hawked him out and we were the ones daft enough to bite. I saw two on loan left backs last season one at Burton and one at Chesterfield and they would have both done us better than Kilbane to be honest there must be dozens more the same out there.

And I said how many left backs have moved this season- no point pointing to examples from last season. How many left backs have moved clubs on loan or permanent this season?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I said how many left backs have moved this season- no point pointing to examples from last season. How many left backs have moved clubs on loan or permanent this season?

I haven't studied how many left-backs have moved but I know that we could have found a left-back better than Kilbane for a fraction of the cost. The lad who was at Burton is now on loan at Bournemouth so I am sure he would have crawled to Derby for a fraction of Kilbane's money and he more importantly he would have played better as well.

Konchesky ?

What is this got to do with Derby bringing anyone in though ? Do we have to wait until they are sold first, bit like Salmon, we put a bid in once one has been accepted, is that the game now :)

Well this thread makes it clear that the majority think that we have achieved the pinnacle of excellence in Cloughs reign.

That is good to know. Perhaps we will win a minor cup like the League Cup or something this season...

You have no idea who else Clough looked at, no idea who was or was not approached, and no idea how much of his wages we are paying. Without knowing that you can say it's bad management.

Also, not aimed at you, but some people reckon when we loan out a player we still pay most of their wages (as claimed about Varney), yet when we loan in player we pay most of their wages. Doesn't seem to add up to me

No it doesn't add up but decisions like that repeatedly made are why we are in such a financial mess we can't dig ourselves out of.

You can pretty much guarantee Kilbane is on full money I know he took a pay cut when Hull went down but as an experienced ex PL player he is sure to be on 7-10k a week, big money for us in our financial state. Varney who sanctioned such wages for him which proved such a millstone round our necks.

No it doesn't add up but decisions like that repeatedly made are why we are in such a financial mess we can't dig ourselves out of.

You can pretty much guarantee Kilbane is on full money I know he took a pay cut when Hull went down but as an experienced ex PL player he is sure to be on 7-10k a week, big money for us in our financial state. Varney who sanctioned such wages for him which proved such a millstone round our necks.

How can we pretty much guarantee what Kilbanes on? It's just your hypothesis to back up your opinion, you have no evidence to back it up.

The Varney deal was done by the Americans, when they were splashing the cash with Jewell to get us back up.

Poor decision in hindsight

(edited because I got my dates mixed up)

Konchesky ?

What is this got to do with Derby bringing anyone in though ? Do we have to wait until they are sold first, bit like Salmon, we put a bid in once one has been accepted, is that the game now :)

1 hardly makes it a plethera of available left backs.

It's relevant because we were talking about why we got Kilbane and obviously Clough panicked meaning we got no-one better. Maybe we made the offers and approaches but players weren't available.

I haven't studied how many left-backs have moved but I know that we could have found a left-back better than Kilbane for a fraction of the cost. The lad who was at Burton is now on loan at Bournemouth so I am sure he would have crawled to Derby for a fraction of Kilbane's money and he more importantly he would have played better as well.

Right, so lower league unproven signings are now the way forward. Here's me thinking that was the reason wehave been so bad the past couple of years.

Right, so lower league unproven signings are now the way forward. Here's me thinking that was the reason wehave been so bad the past couple of years.

As a cover left-back yes and as Kilbane is so bad it would have worked better.

How can we pretty much guarantee what Kilbanes on? It's just your hypothesis to back up your opinion, you have no evidence to back it up.

The Varney deal was done by the Americans, when they were splashing the cash with Jewell to get us back up.

Poor decision in hindsight

(edited because I got my dates mixed up)

It's not a hypothesis we can see from the accounts in football that the average wage for a PL player is 20k per week he has been a player at some good clubs for a long time. He cut his pay in half at Hull so you don't need to be einstein to work out what salary range he is likely to be on. Also you don't have to be too clever to know Mr Pearson at Hull is unlikely to do us too many favour in terms of wage help.

1 hardly makes it a plethera of available left backs.

It's relevant because we were talking about why we got Kilbane and obviously Clough panicked meaning we got no-one better. Maybe we made the offers and approaches but players weren't available.

Bob Harris ? how many you want ?

If we panicked then why did we get rid off our back up left back in the last transfer window, is they are that hard to come by then his value would have gone sky high ?

But that cover left back would have been playing.

Anyway, havent we got the meanest defence in the league at the moment? Can't be doing that bad as a group can they

He is getting away with it because the left midfielder is having to spend most of his time at left-back doing his tackling and covering. That meanest defence is easier to achieve when you play 7 outfielders operating essentially as defenders. We didn't look too good v Burnley where they scored 2, hit the post twice and Fielding made 3 or 4 good saves and several other chances were off target. They could have scored 5 or 6 no problem.

He is getting away with it because the left midfielder is having to spend most of his time at left-back doing his tackling and covering. That meanest defence is easier to achieve when you play 7 outfielders operating essentially as defenders. We didn't look too good v Burnley where they scored 2, hit the post twice and Fielding made 3 or 4 good saves and several other chances were off target. They could have scored 5 or 6 no problem.

So we only had 3 players in effective attacking positions. They have been outstanding to create 21 chances on goal.

So we only had 3 players in effective attacking positions. They have been outstanding to create 21 chances on goal.

Second half when we had to chase it first half we did not have one meaningful attempt on Goal, when we played the 7-2-1 formation because those so called holding midfielders were operating as defenders 10 yards in front of the back 4 and the left-midfielder was playing as a left back.

21 chances in 5 games is ****. If that's the total amount of shots in 5 games. If it was against Burnley...then i don't believe it. 19 must have been outside the area.

Either way...we sit too deep, have to many players covering and won't score enough goals.

Just saying.

21 chances in 5 games is ****. If that's the total amount of shots in 5 games. If it was against Burnley...then i don't believe it. 19 must have been outside the area.

Either way...we sit too deep, have to many players covering and won't score enough goals.

Just saying.

It was against Burnley, 10 on target and 11 off target,

Burnley had 22.

Archived