From a Terrified Ipswich Supporter

HarryfromBath

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just to say a final thank you for all of your hugely helpful feedback. A couple of other fans contacted Wigan supporters for feedback, and the consensus was that while Paul Jewell was a decent tactician, he was no strategist.

This mornings latest update was that he assured supporters that he was fighting hard to get Jimmy Bullard back. We are screaming out for a decent central defender and not a quick fix.

I truly wish you well for the coming season. Patience behind the scenes does transmit itself to a patient approach on the pitch. From what I have seen of Derby this season, this very much seems to be your way of doing things, and I hope that you have a great season.

All the best, Harry

He does seem to have gotten his priorities out of line if he's going after Bullard - he's not a quick-fix and he'll be expensive wages-wise.

On the bright side it's better that the humping to Posh came now while you've still got the time to do something about it, than after the transfer deadline where you'd be stuck with what you'd got.

Not that I know anything on Jewell like the Derby fans will but I think you should give him time. You have a talented squad who most people tipped to be top half this season. It'll work out
Sure, and they just lost 7-1 to the team most people tipped for relegation:rolleyes:, funny old world.:D

Jewell increasingly looks like a liability to me - and he also has that unhappy knack of being "unlucky".

Danny Mills anyone?

He doesn't look like the sort of guy you'd want around in a crisis - and the Ipswich defence needs some urgent coaching, stiffening and encouraging. He didn't seem to be able to turn Derby around, even though he sigend about 2/3 of a new team in his first close season.

As many have said, I too wish the Tractor Boys well - very fond memories of their performances under Bobby Robson with the Dutch guys they had.

Harry - your club deserves better. From Keane to Jewell suggests a real recruitment issue. Billy Davies is available ;)

Archived