Hypothetically speaking..

Ambitious

We have seen young british players go for some serious money recently, Wickham, Henderson, Chamberlain..etc

Now my question is a very simple one yet, it's one to think about..

you put our young players in the current market, they carry on the same form until january how much are they worth?

Mark O'brien, Jeff Hendrick, Callum Ball.. add others if you like but could make for interesting discussion!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have seen young british players go for some serious money recently, Wickham, Henderson, Chamberlain..etc

Now my question is a very simple one yet, it's one to think about..

you put our young players in the current market, they carry on the same form until january how much are they worth?

Mark O'brien, Jeff Hendrick, Callum Ball.. add others if you like but could make for interesting discussion!

If it was Southampton - massive amounts. DCFC? About 20 grand each.

A bid of a mill would buy either one of them. To be fair, at this level that price will get us 4 players that are better right now.

Hanging on to them is always a gamble. They may turn out to be Tom Huddlestone, they may turn out to be Lee Holmes.

A bid of a mill would buy either one of them. To be fair, at this level that price will get us 4 players that are better right now.

Hanging on to them is always a gamble. They may turn out to be Tom Huddlestone, they may turn out to be Lee Holmes.

From what I've heard and what I've seen (very little) we would find it very hard to find a player that's better than them for 250k, let alone 4 players. They are both very promising players, we shouldn't let bad experiences in the past let the potential go to waste.

Erm, I think they are worth 100k ish at the minute. They have played very little first team football and O'briens previous heart trouble could scare off bids. I think that the best place for them now is right where they are- they have a few more games to prove themselves before the injuries they are covering hopefully clear up and then they will have a fight on their hands to keep their places (Barker or O'brien, Hendrick or Green? hmm) but would they be happy being used as cover after a run in the side? Maybe loans or sale? I honestly can't see our board/ Nige wanting to sell them cheaply but they aren't worth much at the minute as they are unproven.

O'Brien is Irish, therefore not British. :p

Ah yes however OB once saw Savage parking his car at Moor Farm and asked for his signature. Savage accidently touched OB's hand when handing back the pen used which means under the Welsh FA rules, OB is able to play for them and as such is now able to be called British if he wishes.

I think something similar happened to Kris McCommons and Jamie ‘Paddy power’ Ward.:rolleyes:

Archived