Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

Come on Bris, you can't honestly say that young hasnt cheated?

Sometimes it just seems your on here to be controversial.

Chelsea lucky that Tottenham just scored. Otherwise it would be penalty and 10 men.

How has he cheated? It would be cheating if the player fouled isn't rewarded in any way for trying to stay on his feet..

You have to question why players try and stay on their feet? Why, it decreases the chances of scoring..

I wonder if Robben regrets trying to stay on his feet after being fouled by the last man Puyol in the WC Final

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't make sense? He was fouled, you've just admitted it.. SAF is right, it's definately a penalty... Of course he dived to the ground, he didn't need to dive to the ground, but it was a foul, it was a penalty.. He might even have been looking for it, what makes him a cheat? He was fouled..

I'd 100% want any Derby player or England player to go down after being fouled in the area, why stay on your feet unless it's an open goal you're shooting into..

People foul in the area all the time, the honest players don't win..

As for Messi, he doesn't always try and stay on his feet.. I've seen him go down with minimal contact but it's still a foul.. For him it's different, he has more chance of scoring by staying on his feet than looking for freekicks outside the area.

At no point did I concede it was a foul.

He runs into the player, barely even make contact with each other and uses the momentum of his feet hitting the ground (when non cheating players continue to run) to flop into the air.

His face afterwards is even worse.

Cheating.

Like I say, it's a contact sport. If everybody went down after touching each other it would be a farce of a sport. It's becoming that way. Stop start all the time because some flashy **** think he's good because he won a freekick or peno. You wanna watch a game flow.

Cech should be sent off. You can play advantage after a foul, but you should still punish the foul. If you would go back to book or send someone off in the middle of the park, why not then.

But he didn't stop a clear goalscoring situation, he created one.

How has he cheated? It would be cheating if the player fouled isn't rewarded in any way for trying to stay on his feet..

You have to question why players try and stay on their feet? Why, it decreases the chances of scoring..

I wonder if Robben regrets trying to stay on his feet after being fouled by the last man Puyol in the WC Final

So do you think every time players come together it is a foul?

When did football become a non-contact sport?

So do you think every time players come together it is a foul?

When did football become a non-contact sport?

No, players come together all the time in 50/50s and at corners etc.. But you're mistaking once again being impeded.. The player with the ball is in an advanced position and is fouled.. He has 2 options..

1) go to ground and get the obvious freekick or penalty

2) try and stay on his feet and take advantage of the situation (90% of the time this is the worst thing that you can do)

Young was fouled both times, I don't get all the hatred and the calling him a cheater... He was fouled. I don't get it.

Like I say, it's a contact sport. If everybody went down after touching each other it would be a farce of a sport. It's becoming that way. Stop start all the time because some flashy **** think he's good because he won a freekick or peno. You wanna watch a game flow.

Why would a player carry on with play if he's disadvantaged after being fouled within 20 metres of the goal..

Anywhere else on the pitch players would want to continue despite being fouled.. The play flows.. But in the area, the result of a penalty is such an easy way of scoring that players would be 'encouraged and influenced' to go to ground and win a penalty

No, players come together all the time in 50/50s and at corners etc.. But you're mistaking once again being impeded.. The player with the ball is in an advanced position and is fouled.. He has 2 options..

2) try and stay on his feet and take advantage of the situation (90% of the time this is the worst thing that you can do)

Young was fouled both times, I don't get all the hatred and the calling him a cheater... He was fouled. I don't get it.

That's the sad thing. You don't get it. On both occasions, the contact was insufficient to make him fall to the ground or break his stride. He choose to grossly exaggerate the contact and throw himself to the floor, suggesting more serious contact had been made. He deceived the ref. He cheated.

Why would a player carry on with play if he's disadvantaged after being fouled within 20 metres of the goal..

Anywhere else on the pitch players would want to continue despite being fouled.. The play flows.. But in the area, the result of a penalty is such an easy way of scoring that players would be 'encouraged and influenced' to go to ground and win a penalty

Shouldn't matter where on the pitch you are, it's a yellow card for Young (in this instance) because diving is a punishable offence. Or a foul in favour of Aston Villa, if you wanna introduce impeding players or preventing a player from defending the ball into the argument?

He didn't decieve the ref.. He was fouled! He didn't cheat.. He was fouled!

I'm not going to debate it with you anymore. Your time in mexico has clearly affected your morals and values. Despite everyone on the board and every neutral pundit on on tv disagreeing with you, you plough the same lonely furrow.

Watch todays 'foul' again. Young made an abnormal movement with his left leg to make sure he made contact with the defender. In effect he has kicked the Villa defender. Who has been fouled?

It's not you getting hatred from me, it is the players that are ruining the game I love that are getting my hatred.

Archived