Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone know that Manchester United are still on course to break the PL points record? If they win every game, even if they draw one and win the remaining 6, they'll share it with Chelsea (2005/06)

Crazy isn't it? How poor this Man Utd team winning the league at a canter and being nearly 20 points ahead of 3rd goes to show just how poor the PL is.. It really does lack quality.. Our 'middle teams' like Fulham, S'Land, Everton etc.. are just cack..

La Liga has 2 teams that will be in the last 4 of the CL and 3 that will be in the last 4 of the Europa League.. The difference in class is just huge.

Credit to Man Utd though, they know how to win a league.. Their style will never beat the best of Europe but they'll always be the best of England unless Jose Mourinho becomes manager of Man City.

I think they'll stop being the best in England once Ferguson retires. They're just winners, and they've had it drilled in to them by him. I don't think there's a manager that's ever lived that's as demented and obsessed with winning. Speaks volumes that he brings Park out for the big games only - wonder if any other manager in the league would play him. He knows how to get the best out of people, that's why they're the club of my lifetime.

It's been a bad year for England in Europe but we'll be back - Chelsea are rebuilding, City are building, and United will come back strong.

Did anyone know that Manchester United are still on course to break the PL points record? If they win every game, even if they draw one and win the remaining 6, they'll share it with Chelsea (2005/06)

Crazy isn't it? How poor this Man Utd team winning the league at a canter and being nearly 20 points ahead of 3rd goes to show just how poor the PL is.. It really does lack quality.. Our 'middle teams' like Fulham, S'Land, Everton etc.. are just cack..

La Liga has 2 teams that will be in the last 4 of the CL and 3 that will be in the last 4 of the Europa League.. The difference in class is just huge.

Credit to Man Utd though, they know how to win a league.. Their style will never beat the best of Europe but they'll always be the best of England unless Jose Mourinho becomes manager of Man City.

I dont think one bad season in the champs league means our sides are that bad, we have had at least 2 teams in the semi finals for how many seasons

I dont think one bad season in the champs league means our sides are that bad, we have had at least 2 teams in the semi finals for how many seasons

But only Man Utd (once) and Liverpool (once) have won it in the past 10 years.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they have always been terrible, but over the course of the past 3 or 4 years all of our top clubs have been getting weaker and those in other leagues (Inter, Milan, Juve, Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Barca, Napoli) etc.. Have been getting stronger..

Our middle clubs were never any good but now in comparison they're just poor..

I agree 100% Asanovic, Man Utd just have that winning mentality.. Even with technically worse players, they're still coming up trumps.. But now, even they're a step behind a few others..

I think they'll stop being the best in England once Ferguson retires. They're just winners, and they've had it drilled in to them by him. I don't think there's a manager that's ever lived that's as demented and obsessed with winning. Speaks volumes that he brings Park out for the big games only - wonder if any other manager in the league would play him. He knows how to get the best out of people, that's why they're the club of my lifetime.

It's been a bad year for England in Europe but we'll be back - Chelsea are rebuilding, City are building, and United will come back strong.

Same could be said about Manure with the rebuild. City building but not sure Mancini is the man for the job. They've got some absolute quality players but they only perform to their best randomly, dominate teams sometimes but others they're all over the place, Silva being one of those players. Balotelli probably unsettles the dressing room, Dzeko gets mardy same with Kolarov and not forgetting Tevez. It's not just the money people don't like, it's the shambolic nature of the club. Even Garth Barry has thrown a strop and he's usually quite laid back, doesn't seem like his style.

Arsenal rebuilding? Lost some pretty large characters in their dressing room over the past few years, Wilshire one of their new breed has been out all season.

Liverpool?

S'right though, competition has been rubbish in the premier league this season and it shows in their performances in Europe. Work in progress.

How old are all the stars in Spain now though? Is Barca's machine always going to be performing as well as they have? Not everyone can boast a Messi.

It's more to do wth the contrasting styles and the development of world football..

A few years ago the top English teams were dominating through sheer pace and power, the Italians and Spaniards had no match for that sort of game.. We all remember Man Utd dismantling Roma 7-1, Liverpool thrashing Real Madrid 4-0 and Arsenal destroying AC Milan in the San Siro..

Before this time it was dominated by Italians and their defensive ways.. The game was alot slower, The PL picked up the pace and we were top dogs for a while..

But now it's been found out and outdone by a more continental approach.. Possession, high pressure and fast movement that some of the Spanish teams play have just left us with no answer.. Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd have been on the recieving ends of batterings from the likes of Barca, Real Madrid and Bilboa..

Italy, Germany and England now need to find their own styles (to be fair to Germany they're improving big time) to counter this and shift the domination once again..

Englands cycle is well and truelly over for now and I can't see anyone from the PL (Manchester clubs included) getting close to the top Spanish sides for at least another 3 years.. Man Utd especially, they play the PL perfectly with their counter attacking style (why would Fergie change when he sees the PL as more important??) and pace down the wings, but up against teams that dictate them and pull them out of position (Barca and Bilboa) they're easily exposed for a serious lack of technical ability..

Archived