Watford v Derby County

Day

They do deserve the win yes, they put the ball in the net more than the other team. If you don't put the ball in the net how can you expect to win? Watford today didn't so deserve nothing and that's thanks to our defence and keeper playing well.

We've played 2 league games, just 2 and rather than look at the positives you are choosing to pick out the negatives.

How about giving the keeper and defence abit of praise? last season we cracked so many times under pressure and lost alot of points. The 2 games this season would suggest they have sorted a few things out at the back.

Also most of us online this afternoon have been listening to the commentary and all our opinions on the performance are based on what has come out of Bloomfield's mouth, some of which were corrected by Roger Davis. Let's wait till we've seen footage of the game before critising the performance and hear what the people who went have to say.

You seem easily entertained by crap football.. I feel sorry for you if only the results interest you

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not sure how anyone who wasnt there can say what kind of football we played?

we have a young side, finding their feet, we are bound to be inconsistant and show naivity at times but this is great experience for o'brien, hendrick and co.

until the side is fit and settled we wont be at our best.

6 points out of 6

lets just be pleased

I would like to be associated with the last speaker's comments

:mad:

I don't comment on here very often but when I read things like this is really pees me off. Played 2, won 2 (in the league ;)). There appear to be one or two people on here who just don't seem able to see things from any side other than the negative (Bris Vegas, young ram, in particular).

Moan when there is something to moan about... come back Wednesday night for example. You might get what you seem to want; a Derby defeat.

Go look back at posts when we were losing in December yet playing well.. I had nothing but praise for the performances and was begging that Clough didn't go back to his flat 4 4 2 longball survival football..

I would rather have seen us lose another 5 on the trot playing that sort of football than pick up say 4 points playing crap..

My favourite seasons in the past 10 years were the two under GB.. One of them included a 20th finish, but at least we had a plan and played decent football and it was only a matter of time until we started dominating teams..

Despite winning promotion under BD, I cringed at the football.. It was bland, dull, boring and negative.

my favorite scoreline is a 5-0 romp, however away from home that is unlikely to happen and the 1-0 scoreline i am pleased with, 1st half lucky to go in 0-0 second half a screamer and sounding like we were taking a tad of control, like i said all that matters are the points on the board, 6 from 6 will do me nicely. :D

You seem easily entertained by crap football.. I feel sorry for you if only the results interest you

its a results business mate,sometimes you don't play well and win.

you only get 3 points if you win 1-0 or 10-0

just enjoy the win tonight :)

Go look back at posts when we were losing in December yet playing well.. I had nothing but praise for the performances and was begging that Clough didn't go back to his flat 4 4 2 longball survival football..

I would rather have seen us lose another 5 on the trot playing that sort of football than pick up say 4 points playing crap..

My favourite seasons in the past 10 years were the two under GB.. One of them included a 20th finish, but at least we had a plan and played decent football and it was only a matter of time until we started dominating teams..

Despite winning promotion under BD, I cringed at the football.. It was bland, dull, boring and negative.

There's no problem with preferring good football to bad, thats obvious. We would all prefer good football. However, I'm not naive (stupid?) enough to think that everytime you cross the white line you are going to play like Barcelona and, frankly, if we play badly and win I'm not going to complain.

I will be monitoring your comments carefully to note your response when we go down to an unlucky 90th minute winner after creaming a team for 90 mins... somehow I expect you will be on here moaning about something or other.

Yeah, somtimes the commentary is nothing like what you see on RamsPlayer. (that's not sarcasm btw. Just might read like that?)

No different to any commentary you sometimes get Bloomfields and Davis opinions thrown in. Except over the radio we can't see for ourselves.

So maybe it wasn't such a close call at times as we think.

We do need performances though. Billy's team showed what it's like when the level is upped and you've been scrapping along. Man United never have to face an opponent that ups the level that much.

But this division isn't the top league in Spain. Come cold windy nights in January we need to be able to scrap. A lot of games in the English game, especially outside the PL are about scrapping through the winter games that come thick and fast.

Our players have looked like strangers this season. With so many new signings it's understandable we're perhaps looking a bit disjointed. Hopefully it'll all come and we can avoid the inevitable drubbing bad performances end up at unless your a top, top team.

P2, W2, D0, L0, PTS 6

Steve Davies P2 GLS 2

Played a strong Birmingham City and a solid Championship side away in Watford.

Better than last season when we were playing well. Lets hope we introduce the performances

Also needs to be taken into consideration we are just 2 games into the season.

Kilbane - New player, 1 pre-season game with the rest of the squad

Shackell - New player, hasn't played much of pre-season due to injury

O'Brien - Young player, still finding his feet

Bailey - Again not had much pre-season action due to injury

Bryson - New player, hasn't played much of pre-season

Croft - Not played much first team football for months

It's going to take time for the players to gel and performances to come, whilst we wait I won't be moaning we are taking maximum points from games.

I've just listened to the highlights of the game on Radio Derby.

I agree with Bris, we really ought to give back 3 points, or at least give 1 to Watford.

What were Derby thinking?

You're an idiot..

Whilst the results are important, being entertaining is also important.. Playing well is also important.

Delighted with our defence, much better without Barker.

You make out I'm unhappy with the 6 points.. No, I'm delighted with the 6 points.. I'm unhappy about our performances, they need to improve or we'll struggle..

We need to get nigel out and Bris in as manager. Then we can lose 5-0 every week but we will pass the ball round well.

We win the first 2 matches with all these injuries against a relegated team, and away at a place we are very poor and theres people moaning that its not pretty.

How can you say you would rather lose 5 in a row and play good football than win.

Archived