Brazil

EdinburghRam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm going to Brazil in a few weeks to coach football for a month and just had a thought, reckon the club would donate me some old tops and the like. Any one have any experience with this, or know who I should contact?

someone was on here a few weeks ago asking something similar, they donate it all at the end of the season so don't have any.

So I'm going to Brazil in a few weeks to coach football for a month and just had a thought, reckon the club would donate me some old tops and the like. Any one have any experience with this, or know who I should contact?

I tried doing this being out in Mexico, I contacted the club and even told them I'll pay for the merchandise to give to my students..

They wrote back telling me they don't keep anything during the season, not even any tops/training tops etc.. from previous years and that I would have to wait until the end of the season.. They didn't show any interest in helping me out (I was willing to pay!)

I think with the way the club is at the moment (ie. bottom half NPC strugglers for the forseeable future ala Coventry City) the whole global brand bull has gone out the window and they'll just concentrate on the derbyshire area for promoting the club.

They give the stuff out on a first come first served basis, so there's no point in waving some dollars or chickens or whatever the currency is over there mate.

I asked early/midseason.. I even made a post on here about it requesting info about it and I promised to put up photos should it happen..

However, they didn't have anything in stock, which made me wonder.. Out off all the merchandise that they have, all the training tops they use everyweek, how is it possible they don't have any?

Either they use the same shirts everyweek and only have them on special request (suggesting that demand isn't high and they're no way as productive as they were in the 90s) or they're simply not interested.. They wouldn't accept chickens, swine flu and all that..

Just goes to show how tinpot we've become.. It wasn't that many years ago you could find Derby tops outside of Derbyshire in the main retail shops etc and they have them in bulk.. Now they don't even have extra tops in stock at the club to sell to their own fans..

I tried doing this being out in Mexico, I contacted the club and even told them I'll pay for the merchandise to give to my students..

They wrote back telling me they don't keep anything during the season, not even any tops/training tops etc.. from previous years and that I would have to wait until the end of the season.. They didn't show any interest in helping me out (I was willing to pay!)

I think with the way the club is at the moment (ie. bottom half NPC strugglers for the forseeable future ala Coventry City) the whole global brand bull has gone out the window and they'll just concentrate on the derbyshire area for promoting the club.

Who did you speak to at the club? I was thinking of going directly to Glick, reckon he would be able to sort something out if he wanted to

We're not going to become a 'global brand' by giving a few shirts out to people in other countries, how many other English clubs can say they are a global brand? Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man City.....

Doesn't make us a tinpot club either, talk about a pointless pop at the club. Why would you want to hand out tinpot club shirts anyhow, give Man Utd a call and see how many shirts they will give you if you want a proper brand.

I've been across the country a fair amount and I've never once seen a Derby shirt on sale outside of Derbyshire, in fact for years the only place you could buy a Derby shirt is from shopDCFC.

We're not going to become a 'global brand' by giving a few shirts out to people in other countries, how many other English clubs can say they are a global brand? Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man City.....

Doesn't make us a tinpot club either, talk about a pointless pop at the club. Why would you want to hand out tinpot club shirts anyhow, give Man Utd a call and see how many shirts they will give you if you want a proper brand.

I've been across the country a fair amount and I've never once seen a Derby shirt on sale outside of Derbyshire, in fact for years the only place you could buy a Derby shirt is from shopDCFC.

DCFC shirts were sold all over the country during the 90s..

And we are tinpot now.. Lightyears away from the likes of Wolves and Stoke let alone the top 6.

Wigan are also the most popular team in Latin America outside of the Manchester clubs.. Why? Because of their signings (Rodallega, Valenica, Figaroa, Polacios etc.) but also because they invest and sell shirts over this way.

If Derby had any aspirations of being the club they were during the 90s a good start would be to bring them more recognition.. (they certainly don't do it on the football field) so helping out/sponosring/setting up training camps in far out places can lead to TV deals (Wigan are also on TV all the time) and other benefits that will help with their 'supposed' global brand.. Doing nothing results in achieving nothing.

Because Wolves and Stoke are "lightyears" away from us makes us a tinpot club?

Crazy talk, we have one of the biggest attendances outside the Premiership, we have some of the best training facilities in the country, modern stadium, the trophy cabinet contains league trophies Stoke can only dream about.

Tinpot club my arse.

Also our shirts were not in sale across the country in the 90's either, simply not true. How many Derby shirts would they have sold in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham?

We'd have better luck selling snow to the Eskimos.

Because Wolves and Stoke are "lightyears" away from us makes us a tinpot club?

Crazy talk, we have one of the biggest attendances outside the Premiership, we have some of the best training facilities in the country, modern stadium, the trophy cabinet contains league trophies Stoke can only dream about.

Tinpot club my arse.

Also our shirts were not in sale across the country in the 90's either, simply not true. How many Derby shirts would they have sold in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham?

We'd have better luck selling snow to the Eskimos.

I bought one in all sports in Nottingham in 1997. It was only a fiver.

Our shirts were sold by Amazon last year or the year before, there was an agreement that they could sell official merchandise on-line. It's stopped now though.

I bought one in all sports in Nottingham in 1997. It was only a fiver.

Our shirts were sold by Amazon last year or the year before, there was an agreement that they could sell official merchandise on-line. It's stopped now though.

Probably bloody fake :D

Amazon sales were done through the official site tho, Amazon never held any stock just took a percentage of the sales and passed the orders on. JJB in Derby also had a season of selling them which went tits up as well.

We're still not a tinpot club.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived