dcfcfans Prediction League 2011/12

GboroRam

OK, here's the entertainment I eluded to in the thread where a lottery was discussed.

Everyone enjoys playing that age-old game "guess the result". Now lets see who is most accurate over a season.

Every game, we start a thread on the Matchday talk page. People like to hazard a guess at the outcome, and I for one have always wondered am I a better judge of football than my fellow forum members. So lets find out!

I will go through the matchday talk thread each week and look for your prediction, and I'll keep a league table running.

For correctly nominating the winning team: +1 point

For correctly nominating the first goalscorer: +2 points

For correctly nominating the scoreline (with the teams the right way around): +2 points (so 3, including the point for predicting the winning team)

A total of 5 points can be picked up per game.

I'll be looking at the first prediction you make in the thread. Only predictions made before kickoff will count, and if you go back and modify your prediction after kickoff, I'll not count it.

No prizes, other than bragging rights.

This may go horrendously, and if it turns out to be a pain in the Arsene I'll drop it - but I'm remaining optimistic.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought about that, but it's duplicating what's already in the matchday thread. I'll see how it goes in the first week and if it's a nightmare I'll start a thread each week.

Might be easier to make sure you don't miss one. for people to send entries via PM, with a title Guess the score,

I wanted NorfolkRam, but it was taken, and Star Trek was on TV, so this popped into my head, I've regretted it since, people must think I'm a loser.

(Disclaimer: I've said that to win over the cool kids, I actually love Star Trek, I still have a poster of Commander Worf on my bedroom wall, my wife isn't amused).

Archived