6 & 12 Game Plans

samtheram83

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or already been asked but i can't see it anywhere!

i am looking for opinions on these ticket plans as i'm itching to get down and see some games this year and living in edinburgh one of these plans makes so much more sense than a season ticket as... well... 300 miles, no car, and a job that mainly works weekends wont allow!

has anyone on here had one? do u get to pre choose the games u want to go to? having looked on the OS the info is pretty limited. i don't want to buy one and end up only getting tickets to poor fixtures (boxing day V Leeds and the broccoli in Feb would be quality).

also any suggestions on where to sit would be appreciated. not been to pride park for a league game since i left the area and all the friendlies i've seen were pretty subdued. I hear our support is getting nice and vocal and i'd certainly want to get involved in that.

Any advice or info would be appreciated. like i said i'm desperate to see some games. just don't enjoy going to easter road with a bunch of hibees!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My missus bought her Dad the 6 game plan.

It works in categories. From my rough memory you have like 1 Platinum game which is one of Leeds, Forest and Leicester.

Then you get like 2 from the next category. That'll be the medium teams people like to see such as Cardiff, Reading, West Ham possibly, Birmingham...

Then like 3 final ones of the likes of Doncaster, Peterboro' and Barnsley.

It works roughly like that. The same applies for the 12 game plan. It's sorted in to categories so you can get a ticket for Leeds, Forest or Leicester included.

Best place to sit for a sing song is the SE Corner. Like East stand block L (i've forgot what block i am but i think i'm L) or M. Then there's the South Stand block B.

If you want to stand for the game then if you can get a seat nearer the top you'll be on your feet. Much better imo. Nearer the bottom it's sitting. In the middle is a bit of a lucky dip.

You get a bit of singing in the NE corner too as far as i can tell. Don't know any more than that mate.

In terms of atmosphere i think it's improved lately, still not a patch on the BBG obviously. And it's not as good as PP when we were in the PL. Games v Barnsley and so on are played with pretty much a hum of just conversation!! Forest and Leeds still perk everyone up though.

Those game plans are good. The second category last season included some good games like Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich, Sheff Utd and me missus Dad was able to pick 2 of them. So he got like Forest, Swansea and Norwich. 3 out of six with decent banter between home and away support.

I hope you manage to get something similar. Forest, Brum and Cardiff say.

You might even get lucky and West Ham might be in category 2 rather than 1.

i've bought a 6 game plan....i think its pretty good

it means you can buy your forest, leicester, leeds ticket NOW and get a bit of a discount.

There was no restriction on the games.

You can have any 6 games. Thats whats even better.

I had Brum, Southampton, Leeds, WHU, Forest, Leicester.

If you cant afford a season ticket these are good options.

Did they make you pick them all up front, or is their scope to change your mind?

Do you get the tickets posted / pick them up at the ground / is their a swipe card.

So many questions.

I just walked in.....no queuing.....picked up a fixture list.....read out what I wanted....paid with a credit card.....they printed them there and then....and out I walked....WITH my Forest ticket.

Last two years I've had to buy a ticket from someone in a pub for more than face value.....

It's likely that B'Ham & Shrews will be the only home games I can make this season. I've already booked off work for Peterborough away.

I noticed Coventry City's equivalent deal, 6 fixed games, 3 set 'menu' choices, worked out at around £120. So our 'pick any game' is obviously favourable.

Just a shame I can't make the Forest game.

Wishful thinking, but does the 6 game plan get you priority tickets for play-off games etc.

Wishful thinking, but does the 6 game plan get you priority tickets for play-off games etc.

no i dont think so....but i like your optimism.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or already been asked but i can't see it anywhere!

i am looking for opinions on these ticket plans as i'm itching to get down and see some games this year and living in edinburgh one of these plans makes so much more sense than a season ticket as... well... 300 miles, no car, and a job that mainly works weekends wont allow!

has anyone on here had one? do u get to pre choose the games u want to go to? having looked on the OS the info is pretty limited. i don't want to buy one and end up only getting tickets to poor fixtures (boxing day V Leeds and the broccoli in Feb would be quality).

also any suggestions on where to sit would be appreciated. not been to pride park for a league game since i left the area and all the friendlies i've seen were pretty subdued. I hear our support is getting nice and vocal and i'd certainly want to get involved in that.

Any advice or info would be appreciated. like i said i'm desperate to see some games. just don't enjoy going to easter road with a bunch of hibees!

From a purely financial perspective, buying a season ticket even at this late stage is the best value for money, especially with the 'mates rates' promotion the club are running.

My friend has a Cat B young adult ticket in the East Stand upper and renewed at early bird prices for £200. Almost 11 weeks later, I can buy the same Cat B ticket in the same stand for £208.25 with the mates rates discount, making the early bird savings seem pretty insignificant.

I also found that buying a Cat D ticket with 'mates rates' worked out significantly better value than the 6/12 game plan. Quoted at £90 for the 6, £153 for the whole season ticket.

Of course, it won't be like this in every case but it certainly opened my eyes to just how good value for money our season tickets can be if you take advantage of the promotions on offer and not fussy about where you sit. There's not a bad view in the ground from my experience.

But back to your circumstances, I'd say go with the 6 game plan. You do save some money compared to buying on a one-off, match-by-match basis and with you living in Scotland, it's not such an overwhelming commitment and being able to pick and choose your games is the icing on the cake.

As for where to sit, any category C or D areas i.e. North Stand lower as making the round trips from Edinburgh will be expensive enough, no point shelling out more than you need to.

From a purely financial perspective, buying a season ticket even at this late stage is the best value for money.

Good post.....must admit I didnt know you could get season tickets at those prices.

I had a 6 game plan last year and got to the forst game and also picked most of mine during our "purple patch" so was more than happy. I cant afford a season ticket these plus a few away games, so will proabably go for a 6 game plan and do a similar number of aways to get my fix.

i've bought a 6 game plan....i think its pretty good

it means you can buy your forest, leicester, leeds ticket NOW and get a bit of a discount.

There was no restriction on the games.

You can have any 6 games. Thats whats even better.

I had Brum, Southampton, Leeds, WHU, Forest, Leicester.

If you cant afford a season ticket these are good options.

Are they all saturday games?

Are they all saturday games?

er no....i've got the boxing day and new years eve games....but you can have any games.

er no....i've got the boxing day and new years eve games....but you can have any games.

OK, I don't know where I'll be in midweek, is why I asked, I was thinking about it myself and those games look quite tasty.

I'm still undecided though, I wish Pearson would f off

I did the 12 game plan last season and it has changed this season in that you can choose any game from the 23, last season it was 3 from a group, 8 from a group etc. The advantage is that if you have a ST and miss games then you are loosing money. The 12 game lets you choose the games you can get to.

However I notice this year it has gone up to nearly £300, instead I went for a season ticket with a mates rate discount (offer ends Aug 5th) for another £100 I got all 23 games.

It really depends on the individual which is best for them.

I've literally just bought a 6 game plan and had a receipt emailed me to confirm i'd paid, literally had nothing else through about the games to pick, whether i get them posted etc. I want to go to the Brum game but how am i supposed to when they've just took my money and said thank you very much.

Anyone know how it works? Will i get another email tomorrow? or...?

Archived